The Avengers Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Hiraga, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Sky Ray

Sky Ray Well-Known Member

News Credits:

[​IMG]

2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Is that eyepatch painted on instead of molded on?

That thing looks like a damn tattoo :lol 

It looks like it gets thicker as it goes up. They should have just made it a separate molded piece imo.

Not every Wal-Mart gets their own exclusives and chances are those two Wal-Marts were behind on their resets. Or it could be maybe Wal-Mart decided to deem those two stores lucky enough to start stocking its own exclusive.

It's a weird way to distribute but it's how Wal-Mart has done it for years at this point. I think in my immediate area, two Wal-Marts aren't stocking these at all while the third one has been for awhile.

3. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is this the 3.75" one or the 6" one?

4. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    That's 3.75".

The giant rocket launcher with the purple missile gives it away.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Sigh.. anybody here willing to help a collector here close to giving up the hunt for 6" Avengers? Haven't seen even one which is BS. :mad 

6. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

SoCal just doesn't seem to have received ANY. I was talking with a guy who runs a collectibles store in Anaheim & he told me he's only seen them once in Sacramento.

The sad thing is, there's just nothing to be done about it. Walmart's the only chain that wanted the figures, and Hasbro has no say in what they do with them once they've paid for them. I finally resorted to eBay for Hawkeye & I'm probably gonna end up doing the same for Cap. Blah.

7. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I still haven't seen any 6" figures apart from Iron Man.

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Walnuts with the basic boy's toy aisle aren't getting these it seems. So if one of your stores doesn't stock items like Marvel Universe, Marvel Legends, or Batman Movie Masters it is a very safe bet that store isn't getting movie series Avengers. Really can't WMs inconsistent store layouts.

9. Geof7609

Geof7609 Brake Pioneer

All the Walmarts I've checked in the Southern California area (and I've checked a LOT,) stock those other lines (well, really nobody stocks Marvel Legends now,) and I've only seen tags in one store in Kern County.

I think the best way to tell if your Walmart is getting these is just whether or not they have pegs for "Studio Series" figures.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The pegs will say Studio Series and the way it's decided which Wally World gets these exclusives is based on their volume. Some exclusives don't get sold to lower volume stores. The idea behind that being that toy exclusives can be so niche that a low volume store won't sell their stock thus leaving them stuck with some they'll have to clearance out. It's decided at the corporate level and we have very little control over it at the store level.

11. joshua

joshua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Happy Fathers day to all!

JUST picked up a Loki, Thor and Captain America for any takers. All that was on the shelf.

Cost plus shipping and Paypal fees covered (or Gifted). PM me for info.

12. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So even if a store gets the peg space they may not stock them? That's annoying.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Well, no. If the store gets the peg space on their new modular (remember to look for three "studio series" tags) then they should stock them. Stores that won't be getting them won't have those three pegs with those labels.

14. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Our Walmart has put out a new case of 6 inch Avengers each week. I've counted 4-5 cases of them. This Walmart seems to be one of those that sucks in what could of been stock for other stores.

15. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'd like to just be able to see them all in the same place at the same time. It's one of those sets that I kind of want to get, but because they didn't do it 100% correct, I'm pretty sure I could live without it.

No Black Widow, No Agent Coulson, and no Nick Fury coupled with an improperly suited Iron Man = Avengers fail. I know the solution to the Nick Fury dilemma, but, well...I shouldn't have to solve that. Hasbro easily could have repackaged him and re-released him.

I'll keep waiting...but if Hasbro thinks I'm going to walk out of a store with Iron Man, and keep hoping and praying for the other figures...they are wrong. Any fan should be able to walk into a store and see what they look like together as a TEAM.

16. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The tags I've seen that they've been put on say Marvel 6" or something along those lines. I'll check the tags again on my Wal-Mart visits but I'm hoping those are the correct tags, at least one of them has gotten 2 cases in (though I've only seen Cap & Iron Man)

17. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
  18. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Gotta agree with NICKBOT. The clean look definitely sits better with the other Avengers. Also, that extra splash of gold above the chest plate makes that figure superior to the Iron man 2 release of the Mark VI. I keep forgetting to get the Armored Avenger version.

19. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    The IM2 MkVI isn't too bad. It is unfortunate that they decided to pretty much give him a little battle damage and repack him in the Avengers wave. They had so much potential. I mean, how much do they really have to remold for Mk VII?

20. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    ^ I just got the Iron Man 6inch figure in the mail on thursday. It's a fantastic figure and I highly recommend it. War Machine is pretty kick ass too. :D