The Avengers(2012) Movie Discussion *USE SPOILER TAGS*

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bumblebot98, Jul 25, 2010.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. RebelMan

News Credits:
    Mark Ruffalo officially confirmed today with an Interview with MTV that Hulk has actual speaking lines in The Avengers & 'one of them will be very memorable.'

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    soooooooo excited

4. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

"Hulk smash!"?

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully Hulk will be handled like he is in the Avengers cartoon right now.

I love the Hulk, but the "HULK SMASH" version I'm sick to death of and is my least favorit incarnation of the big lug.

6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hulk smash?

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
  8. RebelMan

News Credits:
  9. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

I don't watch the avengers cartoon, can you elaborate on what you mean? Is he more of a smart Hulk in it? Because I would love to see him on the more intelligent side in this movie. He's so much more formidable that way.

10. RebelMan

News Credits:
    Robert Downey, Jr. - Tony Stark/Iron Man
    Chris Evans - Steve Rogers/Captain America
    Mark Ruffalo - Bruce Banner/Hulk
    Chris Hemsworth - Thor
    Samuel L. Jackson - S.H.I.E.L.D. Director Nick Fury
    Clark Gregg - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Phil Coulson
    Scarlett Johansson - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Natasha Romanoff
    Jeremy Renner - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Clint Barton/Hawkeye
    Cobie Smulders - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Maria Hill
    Tom Hiddleston - Loki
    Stellan Skarsgard - Erik Selvig
    Paul Bettany - J.A.R.V.I.S.
    Lou Ferrigno - Voices Hulk
    Natalie Portman - Jane Foster(Return Currently Unknown; Hemsworth said she would be in it in an interview on April 16, 2011 but Portman said she wouldn't be in it in an interview on April 20, 2011)

Joss Whedon(Director)
    Kevin Feige(Producer/Marvel Studios President)
    Joss Whedon & Zak Penn(Screenwriters)

:bay  :rock  :jawdropper: 

11. RebelMan

News Credits:
    just watch this & you will see:

YouTube - The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes DVD Clip

12. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Everybody beat me to "Hulk SMASH". :(  Hopefully it's a funny one-liner.

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Hulk in the toon reminds me of his current incarnation in the comics right now. THIS is the Hulk I wanna see in the movie, any other version will just knock the movie down a peg or two for me.

14. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Actually it's closer to his original incarnation. The dumb child version came later. The original was the I hate everyone hulk who often got into fights with other heroes due to his ego. The current hulk is closer to the grey/war world version.

15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah that's what I meant. The Hulk in the toon is closer to the current version in his book, just without the swords and Bannertech and stuff.

16. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

YES!! I am so hyped for this movie. Cannot wait to see the new toys. :D  I need a new movie-verse Hulk.

17. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

wait who's doing hulks voice? part of me hopes Lou F still does it.

18. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I want Fred Tatasciore (who plays Hulk in almost everything these days) or Rick Wasserman (played Hulk in Planet Hulk DTV) to do it if they're doing early days/Peter David/Greg Pak Hulk instead of one phrase Hulk.

I wonder if Joss Whedon is watching the animated series to get some ideas from there along with the comics like Hawkeye and Hulk being like Han and Chewy.

19. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    More stuff on Loki in the Avengers. Beware, there are spoilers from Thor. Please don't read if you don't know what happens.

This is from an interview with Hiddleston on Iamrouge.com

To begin with, the end credit scene in Thor acts as a teaser to The Avengers, and we can see from that scene that you are now possessing Dr. Selvig. So are you physically going to be playing Loki in The Avengers or will you be sharing the role in a sense with Stellan Skargard?

Hiddleston: See this is where there could be some kind of assassin sitting and waiting to shoot me. Well you are on to something. You have seen that tag and you are on to something. So Loki can mind control people but there are certain things that Loki has to do himself. So I wouldn’t say that it is all going to be Stellan.

So we will see Tom Hiddleston as Loki in The Avengers?

Hiddleston: Tom as Loki is in The Avengers, I can guarantee that.

Are you the main villain or are there others that you are working with?

Hiddleston: Well this is the first time I’ve had to talk about it because for so long I was asked to not say anything. You are the first to ask me, you won’t be the only one, but you are the first. Loki has big, big plans and it’s going to take more that just Thor to stop him this time.

Are those plans coming out of the ending of Thor, was that an origin movie for Loki in a way?

Hiddleston: The action of Thor is as much an origin story for Loki as it is for Thor. I think the Loki we see in The Avengers is further advanced. You have to ask yourself the question: how pleasant an experience is it disappearing into a wormhole that has been created by some kind of super nuclear explosion of his own making? So I think by the time Loki shows up in The Avengers he’s seen a few things.

Will The Avengers explain what happened to Loki in the time between the actual end of Thor and the beginning of the end credit scene?

Hiddleston: There absolutely are references to what happened to him. There are references to where he’s been, and what he’s been doing.

Have you read the entire script to The Avengers yet, and if so, what did you think?

Hiddleston: Dude it’s absolutely amazing let me just tell you. I read the script again the other day and Joss Whedon has written the most extraordinary template of a film for this to happen. I feel like he has balanced it so well. All the different elements you want from all the different colors and flavors of each character are in there. Arguably seven not just four characters are in this and I think Joss has made a virtue of that potential unbalance. These are seven big egos, and I’m referring to the characters not the actors. They all want to be the alpha male, or in Black Widow’s case the alpha female. So he has made a virtue of that by having them all compete for the top dog slot. And while they are all fighting each other Loki can get to his business. Look it’s Hulk, Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and Nick Fury. What more can you ask for?

When do you begin shooting your scenes for the film?

Hiddleston: I start in about ten days. It’s already started filming. It started last Monday, April the 25th. Chris (Hemsworth) and I, as soon as Thor is up and running and out in the world, we’ll be out to New Mexico with the rest of them. I’m so excited man. I feel like I’ve built the character now, I’ve built the house and in a way doing a second film is like getting to take credit for it.

Finally, did you have any idea when you signed on to do Thor that you would also be in The Avengers as well?

Hiddleston: I knew it would be more than just Thor but I didn’t know for sure. If I had sucked in Thor then Kevin Feige would have said, “Tom thank you very much and we never want to see you again.” So in a way it’s a huge compliment and I’m very pleased to at least be asked back to the playground.

20. RebelMan

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

decent fan-made poster