The Avengers(2012) Movie Discussion *USE SPOILER TAGS*

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bumblebot98, Jul 25, 2010.

1. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Could someone re-fresh my memory on something.In the movie,Thor says that the Tesseract belongs in Asgard,so how did the Red Skull get ahold of it? I can't remember.

2. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    It was hidden in a church in Norway.

3. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I've heard alot of people who didn't watch MCU movies enjoying The Avengers regardless. And besides, there were some brief introduction of each member when they shown up, so even if they didn't see those other movies they should have no problem catching things up.

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    For a lot of people, no. Individual characters, maybe. And even then one should be smart enough to connect just enough dots to piece together what you don't know, but The Avengers is nowhere near the common knowledge as a character like Batman or Superman.

Completely agreed with you. It's not a fault of the movie. The movie is made under the assumption that "well, the audience is here to see the Avengers team-up. They've probably seen at least some of the previous movies." If they complain about having to see the individual movies to understand certain aspects of a CROSSOVER film, then they need to go back and watch said previous movies. That right there is common knowledge. Watching Freddy vs. Jason? I will slap anyone who sits there and says "Wait, I haven't seen A Nightmare on Elm Street! Who's this Freddy guy?" Maybe it's the movie-buff in me, but I'm a guy who likes research. If I plan on watching a sequel or a crossover (or heck, even a prequel made after the fact), I'm going to watch any and all movies that would be "required reading", if you will, to see said crossover/sequel.

5. Shiny Tan

Shiny Tan BRITZWING

I felt that the whole 'suddenly all of the Chitauri fall down because convenience' thing was just sort of a quick and easy way to get rid of them all.
    I don't mind that much, considering it looked like The Avengers could totally dispatch them all with time, but that wouldn't be very interesting.

6. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    why did they all fall like that are they robots controlled by a main source or something? I really didn't get that

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Nah, I say Christopher Lee as The Mad Titan.

And :lolol  , I watched with my ol' dad, he also thought the same thing ["Is that Hellboy...?"] to be fair with him, he doesn't know comics.

8. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly.

I like to think of the Chitauri as a slave force, ruled by whoever that dude with the hood is (who's ultimately ruled by
    Thanos
    ). They appeared to all be wearing helmets and in one scene the helmets seems to be able to retract visors revealing their face. Maybe those helmets are also mind control type things, and when the mothership was nuked by Tony it scrambled their minds, sorta like in The Phantom Menace where all the battle droids deactivated after the Trade Federation ship blowing up.

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok I think i got an in for other Avengers to join in the next two Avengers movies. Here is what I kinda want to see:

Iron Man 3 - Have Hank Pym working with Stark on a force of robotics. Hank Pym has his powers he developed (Or at least Ant man form). He doesn't fight in the movie, just in a scene or two working with Tony. This will set up Ant-Man/Giant man for Avengers 2. Can Also try to work Janet in there in a cameo. Enemy could be something like AIM mixed in with another villain. Also Hank could be helping to build The Vault/Cube/Big House or some other prison. Big House seems like the best bet.

Hulk 2 - Bring on The Leader... maybe the U-Foes.

Capt. America 2 - Captain works with the government. Why not have a UN conference and Introduce T'Chala? It can be a small side story/cameo. This can help set up Panther for a future movie. Main villain could be Zemo.. or possibly Taskmaster.

Thor 2 - The Wrecking Crew perhaps?

Avengers 2 -
    Thanos of course
    . Ant-Man/Giant-man joins team. Perhaps Panther too. Villain is so big a threat the Ultron robots are used to aid in battle. End credits sequence has a powered down Ultron unit. Power back on. Eyes glow red and the screen fades to black other than the eyes.

Avengers 3 - Avengers vs Ultron

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    You sure now? My friend says it could be
    Super Skrull
    , based on appearances.

11. megapork

megapork Cheese

12. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

No, Surtur! Alternatively, they could bring back Laufey from the first movie and use the whole "Civil War between Asgard and the Ice Giants" plot [especially since Loki tried to wipe them out], but now with you-know-who aiding the Ice Giants in turn of a teensy weensy little favor..
    Retrieving the Infinity Gauntlet from Odin's Weapons room.

And I think using Ultron after
    Thanos
    is defeated sounds like a real no-brainer for me, it's like defeating the ultimate evil threat of the universe, then moving on to Jerry Springer. HE is a threat to the entire realm of existence, Ultron is just a Earth-wide threat. Anti-climatic to face him after The Big One.

I'd rather say switch things:

Iron Man III - Already throw in an already finished-Ultron as a "sidekick" to Stark, and Pym along the mix, analyzing the development of Ultron along the movie, showing vague hints of him being evil.

Avengers II - Ultron is introduced to the Avengers, where they reveal The Big One is slowly coming to Earth. Ultron then reveals he was evil all along, and to add a new spin on things, he is wiping out humanity because only a entirely machine-based world can stand against
    Thanos
    , he wants to save Earth, only through a seriously wrong way.
    He perishes after a mighty battle filled with discussions about the human nature [since this is supposed to be a more personal story] and if Ultron is right or not.

BUT THEN, Thor informs the Man himself has arrived. They gaze at the skies. Cut to the Space, where he closes his fist on Earth [figuratively], as his armies approach alongside him. Cliffhanger!

And in the third, we see the man himself in all its might.

Highly unlikely, Proof:
    - Super Skrull is green, the character seen is very obviously purple.
    - Thanos' face is some five times larger than Skrull's, which you can see in the scene.
    - "To face them...is to court death" = Thanos smiles. Courting Death is Thanos' entire shtick, that's what he wants to do, to marry death.
    - He is after the Cosmic Cube. I don't ever remember the Super-Skrull being that focused on the Cube, Thanos however, at least once posessed the Cube in its hands.
    - Take notice of the golden ournament in his forehead, Super-Skrull doesn't have that, Thanos does.

13. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    ^
    Yup, I saw that one coming.

14. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  15. Cyber-Scream

News Credits:
    When it comes to comics you can always count on Balder to point out false information.

16. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    OK, dumb question (will see movie again this week:) ), but
    why didn't Loki's scepter influence/affect Tony? is it because he doesn't have a normal heart? Or that he runs on a power source, derived from the Tesserect, based on what I remember from Iron Man 2?

Overall, thoroughly enjoyed the movie, can definitely tell it has Whedon's mark and style.

17. Cyber-Scream

News Credits:
    It didn't work because he was pressing the scepter on the Arc reactor oppose to his actual heart. The purpose of the reactor is to prevent shrapnel from reaching his heart (the shrapnel being from the rocket blast he survived in Iron Man 1).

18. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

19. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Ah, much simpler explanation than I expected.:D  Thanks!

20. Cyber-Scream

News Credits:
    An Ant Man movie would be pretty boss. Too bad I trust Wikipedia as far as I can throw it.
    np :D