The Armored Core Thread.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Purple Heart, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Soundlips

Soundlips Defending Reactivate since 2020 loves Tinfoil Hats

News Credits:
    Ice worm is easy when you know how to do it. Get a medium or tetrapod ac and either hover and stay back as possible. For the most part the worm will target the other AI acs so just stay back as much as possible and hover or just jump along.

Next bring some heavy fire power, mini guns, bazookas, grenade launchers, ect and then preferably have dual Worm Cannons, but if first playthrough, songbirds or grenade launcher will do with just one Stun needle

• Like Like x 1
  2. Vancelle

Vancelle #MarsBaseRubicon TFW2005 Supporter

Instagram:

Thanks for the advice my dudes! The farthest I get is when all the ACs are either dead or leave because of damage, so it's just me and Worm-boi. I can get one shot on him, but it wrecks me before I can get the second needle-shot needed to stun it. I've been using the Spring Chicken legs, but I'll definitely follow y'all's advice on the tetra legs. I also use the songbird and was running dual Zimmermans, but I'll switch to miniguns or a grenade launcher.

Also, I appreciate y'all using the Spoiler tags when discussing the story and such since I'm so far behind.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Pile bunker did the most damage for my playthroughs. You're probably on top of it already but make sure to take advantage of your OS tuning.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Honestly Zimmys ain't the best for the worm (at least for a newbie), I would recommend either a powerful dual trigger like mini guns or assault rifles or just go for straight stopping power like dual bazooka cause honestly you won't miss either shot when it's down for the most part.

Focus the Stun Needle for knocking it down, then just go pure power with Bazookas and Songbirds.

The worm will fall.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zetto

Zetto Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  6. Sixshot the six changer

Sixshot the six changer Aka Three Erasers

FINALLY, looks really cool but thinking about it doesn't Ayre seem familiar?
    Taller then a normal AC
    Has a flight and cannon form
    Arm mounted cannons that can tuck away
    Can be controlled be a computer system
    And it comes in black?
    Is this a hint to a potential Nineball in the next game!?
    [​IMG]

7. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Can't say I'm a fan of this choice. I mean we're getting Armored Core VI figures and the first one is - a non-AC Institute machine? Why?

Nightfall as the poster-mech would make perfect sense, not this.

I mean this is from a great boss fight and I love our Brain Wife, but I'm bummed that this is the first choice. Especially since it could very well be the last.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soundlips

News Credits:
    Snapchat-674261692.jpg

Balteus I am the best
    Balteus I am the best
    Oh. Oh. Balteus

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sixshot the six changer

With all the AI voices and all that, I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually had one of the characters sing that song

10. Soundlips

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Ayre makes sense as a Robot Damashii since that toyline isn't modular. She appears rather large and may be in scale with plamo in Bandai's AC6 30MM line. 30MM I think will be where our iconic ACs get released since swapping parts will be the name of the game.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I don't do model kits is my problem, so I was hoping to get at least one AC from the game as an action figure :( 

13. Sixshot the six changer

They probably will do the other characters but the 30mm kits are designed to be easy to build, the name is literally 30 minute missions and they were designed to be straight built in around 30 minutes. So I would highly recommend the kits if you can't afford the robot damashii.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Model kits look to cheap for my taste, they need paint to work. And that's what I suck at, it's not fun, but pure stress for me. Even simple touches like panel lining.

I can and want to afford more high-end figures, but this mecha is just not what I want out of this game.

15. Sixshot the six changer

Actually, bandai's model kits are actually really high quality and this goes for their 30mm kits and they don't require stickers or anything fancy. just good old clippers and a file should do the trick to make it look really good but if you want to go for the more expensive stuff that's fine by me but don't hate till you try it

• Like Like x 2
  16. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I do try, I handled a Bandai model kit this year, it wasn't particularly fun.

I'm really just not the right person for model kits, I build enough of them to realize this.

And even though I'm disappointed, I will still buy the figure, it looks great! Give it a few cool effect pieces and it will be a good time for sure.

Just weird how most franchises they cover it's the "main character" first or in cases like Elden Ring the one from the cover, but this time they do the final boss from the "bad" ending? You give a logical explanation, maybe they want to make something that they don't plan to adapt as a kit, but it's still a bit strange IMO.

17. Sixshot the six changer

I wouldn't question why they chose Ayre first. Maybe they have the other figures but maybe this was the only one that was display ready

• Like Like x 2
  18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I can't imagine if Ayre sells well enough, and the line continues, we won't get at least one or two main ACs in RD form.

I just hope we see the 30MM kits soon. I'm sure they'll be fun kits, but I'm curious to see how accurate they'll be. Will they have a lot of connectors on the body parts for the full 30MM experience? Or will they only have connection points in "lore-friendly" places like arms and backpack?

I also am curious about the proportions. ACs are usually a bit leaner and lankier than your average 30MM design, especially the heads being so small compared to the proportions Bandai usually goes for.

19. Sixshot the six changer

I hope it is going to be lore accurate BUT if they engineer in some 3mm ports that can be covered with screw covers and can be removed and put on at any time

20. Sixshot the six changer

Does anyone know if the armored core 6 art book is coming to the public because I don't want to have to buy the special edition or pay scalper prices for a book