Minor/Repaint: The Ark (First Everything)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MusicMatrix, Jan 19, 2011.

1. MusicMatrix

MusicMatrix Well-Known Member

New to the boards, however, I have been surfing them for quite some time. Since I really don't have much to do not having a job and all, I decided to try my hand and some repainting.
    My first was taking and old GI Joe space shuttle and making it into The Ark. I know that some parts are broken and some of the paint isn't staying, but hey, it does still look really cool.
    It even has a little Suttle Omega Delta. I plan to make a small mountain that it can fit into as sort of a Autobot Headquarters in the future.
    I have a few others I am wanting to do, so any suggestions on improving would be helpful. Enjoy the pics.

Attached Files:

2. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only suggestion is to do a bit of a brown/orange wash to bring out the panel details. Also...I'm not crazy about the autobot symbol's location. I'd rather see one on the dorsal fin and a smaller one near the cockpit. Regardless, it looks good so far. Welcome!

3. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

^ I'd have to agree with that completely.

A wash and some drybrushing is really going to give it that "sat here for 4 million years" look.

And the Autobot insignia placement is a little too Seeker-ish for my liking.

How big is this thing, by the way?

4. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    looks pretty good, I think the symbol would look better in the center of the cockpit and for it to be the red plain one.
    like this

Attached Files:

5. MusicMatrix

MusicMatrix Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to decided if I want the "4 million year old" look or the "new off the line cuz it is 4 millions years ago."
    The Autobot symbols are in their location roughly according to the take off scene in the first episode of the cartoon. Plus it's the flatest spot.
    Standing on in the large ship stand 21 1/2 inches. It may be only scale to Mini-Cons, but what really is "scale" anyway. Ha.

6. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

nice! I agree it does need a wash even a light wash would make it stand out more. On a side note it actualy reminds me of the Ark Shuttle the Maximals used to leave the earth in at the end of beast wars series

7. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

Funny thing is, if you take off the vertical fin on the smaller shuttle, it looks exactly like the shuttle at the end of Beast Wars where they are heading back to Cybertron. ^_^