1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Customs: The Answer To My Ball Joint Dreams !! (Yeah, sad I know....)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Sharkysharky, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Sharkysharky

Sharkysharky Well-Known Member

Just been googling ball joints and come accross this brilliant site that sells pack of ball joints

joints Hobby Tool Store

Only problem being, I don't understand it ! Anyone know what the hell's a
    T Joint, Double Joint, Rolling Joint, etc are ? If you can understand what they are I suppose it's halfway towards using them in a bash, I can't stand the thought of unsing magnets as joints, I like joints to have some kind of mechanical connection.

2. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No idea wat they r but it seems to me there's lots of potential here

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Thanks for the bookmark. No more tearing up my Gundam, lego & Stikfa stuff

4. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YES!! Option parts are a kitbashers dream. Overseas Gundam and other Mecha models have loads of aftermarket parts and kits. They range from details like boosters and vents to full armor upgrades.

I definitley recommend fellow kitbashers who haven't already to browse a few Gundam or Plamo boards and websites. They can definitley sparks ideas and most give info on where the bought the items used to do their customs. Give you guys a few links.

PLAMO: Re-WiredWolf - Plastic Modelling, Share & Learn

FichtenFoo

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Your laser fire is merely making me STRONGER!

HLJ offers tons of these things, but the best things for me so far are the Armored Core Weapon kits. I love the 008 set's chain guns so much, I designed and entire custom around simply using them!

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I love HLJ's products, but between backorders and the horrible shipping service I've experienced in the past this looks to be a good new source to try out! Great find and thanks for sharing!!

7. Shockwave_Ops

Shockwave_Ops Well-Known Member

The only problem I have is knowing which ones will fit the transformers. I have know idea about the sizes.