The Amazon / Amazon JP New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Smashs, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Boltz

Boltz Well-Known Member

You mean the approval thing that made the new arrival dats December 16th and January 6th?

2. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Got the medics in today.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
    It's absolutely on Amazon and it's not something exclusive to TFs either. This limited edition kaiju Blu-ray set was offered for pre-order by Amazon from about February right up until its release date in August. People ordered and assumed they would be okay on acquiring one. What Amazon did not pay attention to was the fact that Arrow (the company making the set) only told them they would have so many copies (there's only about 3000 in existence) but Amazon still allowed for pre-orders to be placed despite that. So when release day came, some people got theirs no problem but then others got the dreaded "Arriving Today but not shipped" message and so on. Most got cancelled. Even now Amazon is essentially lying to people by offering it with the "we're working hard to get it back in stock". They aren't going to. Arrow said that the set is not being reprinted.

So yes, it is on Amazon for continuing to allow orders to be made well beyond the stock they're acquiring.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Gigawatt came yesterday, it wasn't even in a bubble envelope it was basically just and I plastic envelope and the box was smashed to s***, which made me mad because it's one of the few things I planned to display in box. Fortunately the actual front of the box wasn't really messed up so I smashed it back into a box shape and I am just displaying it like that. If I see one in a store I will buy it and swap it out with my smash one. I'm sure somebody getting this plans to open it, and that person can buy my smashed box just like I buy smashed boxes for figures I plan to open and leave the pristine boxes behind for some other collector

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Just got an email, that due to stock issues I couldn't get a digimon figure set I ordered for my daughter. I ordered them like back in March, FOR DECEMBER release. They cancelled my pre-order due to stock issues in the summer. In October they went back up for pre-order for DECEMBER again. Just got my email it was cancelled again.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

I really, really hope that happens. It will be bad enough if my order with Amazon UK for the Coneheads doesn't go through - I would love to have them, but I know it's probably a long shot. But Ironhide and Prowl? They're two of the most important G1 characters as far as I'm concerned. It would be awfully sucky not to get them.

No delay on mine since the one back in November. Still December 16 to January 6, but at this point I'm not confident in that date range and will just be glad if they come eventually.

7. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Amazon gave me the option to approve delay for Ironhide/Prowl via email notice today. Hell yes I approved it.

Wish they did that for Ratchet and Lifeline. :confused: 

8. Kaosu Reido

Kaosu Reido Well-Known Member

What pisses me off the most is ordering it on September 29th, and getting cancelled on release date, while people who ordered weeks after I did got theirs today.

Pre-orders are explicitly supposed to be a form of first-come-first-served, not "fuck you guess you just don't get shit and we cancelled the order but I hope you enjoy that other people are getting multiple sets when they ordered significantly later than you".

• Like Like x 7
  9. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, was September 29th the day these went up?

10. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    They went up August 27th.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, that's what I thought. Weird, I also pre ordered on Sept 29th. I wonder why it was the same day? But yeah, my set got cancelled.

12. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Mine arrived today. A day early or a day late depending on your perspective. I ordered on Day 1 (8/27). I haven't had any issues receiving my Amazon exclusives. I have ordered them all day 1, but I believe there are others wo did who have not gotten theirs. I wonder if the issues are related to distribution centers?

13. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    I remember that Amazon made a mistake and said the set was shipping early so that may have been what prompted you to order it on the same day. I can't remember when that happened though. Still, I hope these sets get a wider release. I for one don't like my fellow collectors to be left hanging. Hopefully these resurface like Red Wing did.

• Like Like x 2
  14. BlastOff682

BlastOff682 Well-Known Member

No they just straight up cancelled it

• Like Like x 1
  15. rockHard

rockHard Well-Known Member

last time I ordered from Amz UK they put my Soundwave in a soft plastic bag, not even bubbles.

So this time I went all out with the gift wrap, and am very pleased with the result (it was in a cardboard box even)

FAAE2AD6-4C6C-4D72-B6B8-8D76B3868B02.jpeg 9CC94627-6281-4ACB-9E59-6A072F623F4A.jpeg

Attached Files:

16. Eman7673

Eman7673 The Machine

I'm tired of this waiting game, it's bullshit. My Ironhide/Prowl sets came a week after they started shipping but seeing orders getting canceled left and right is making me sick to my stomach. Hasbro needs to make this right otherwise they're going to lose a lot of fans!! 20201203_194159.jpg

17. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Got my ship notice for Vertebreak with Amazon Prime 2 day shipping and when I check tracking it says it was shipped through USPS in California with ETA for next Thursday. I'm confident it will get here eventually just surprised they didn't use UPS or Fed Ex this time around with the Prime shipping option.

18. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And yet when I said something like that before I was told they did it by distribution center amount and there was no way to do it where it was first come first served

19. chuckdawg1999

chuckdawg1999 Well-Known Member

Wish I knew they had a store, I missed out on the Scourge Hot Rod set and they're not selling Scourge on its own. I spoke with the person who runs the eBay store once and they kinda had an attitude.

20. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just lost my AA set yesterday. Canceled.

My 2 cents. Given the fact that Hasbro shoved IH, Prowl, and Ratchet into Amazon exclusive 2-packs being important G1 characters guarantees nothing for a restock. The option that makes the most sense is that Hasbro should bump production of other products and produce more of these when they make the ones for the Japan market but logistics isn't as simple as people think it is and it would have to be Amazon pushing Hasbro heavily to get more of these products which is unlikely.

• Like Like x 1