The Amazon / Amazon JP New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Smashs, Dec 16, 2012.

1. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    $45 and shipping for a voyager...these are truly the end times.

I really think we'll be finding more of POTP at Ollies than regular retail. If this keeps up, the next trilogy's going to be an Ollies exclusive.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Metroplex[IH]

Metroplex[IH] Well-Known Member

Maybe Hasbro’s just dragging out the releases? Because it’s such a short line? And WFC isn’t gonna be ready, or they are reshuffling in the wake of TRU? It’s not just Amazon. Shelves are empty everywhere. It’s weird.

3. RKillian

News Credits:
    They did this with Titans Return too though. It was like a year until wave three started showing up and then that was basically it for the last six months. TRU didn't carry anything after their initial allotment of wave two ran out. There was a brief trickle of wave four at Target and an even briefer trickle of wave six at Walmart. Wave five was a total ghost wave. Some stores, particularly Walmart, were STUFFED with waves one and two (albeit late). I went to one in Texas that must've had 50 Highbrows. The only time I saw that repeat was about a week before Christmas 2017 when the bigger Walmart in Lancaster must've received 20 cases of the Optimus/Megatron voyager wave.

And if you look back to Combiner Wars, voyagers and leaders were extremely scarce. Titans Return, most stores dropped leader class altogether. They weren't exactly overflowing with voyagers either. Now with POTP it's creeping up into the deluxe range. All anybody ever stocks is basics and Prime Masters. I lucked into the W1 deluxes November last year (had to ask a Target associate because they never hit shelves) and the only place with deluxes (W1 of course) now is KMart because they're asking $19.

Everywhere is just barren for any toy line. TF is bad. Star Wars is bad but the mountains of negative publicity around TLJ sort of explain that. Marvel is blink and you'll miss it. MLP, they're still carrying 2016 product if that tells you anything. Hasbro stuff is either so popular that I miss it every single time I shop anywhere or stores are not ordering anything at all. The massive pile of wave three TR deluxes at Ollies right now (and the massive pile of Fort Maxes this time last year) suggest the latter.

I have been complaining about distribution for 20 years and I have never seen it as bad as it's been the last two or three. At the same time, it is _suicide_ to open up an account somewhere to order cases because you cannot break even with the asking and selling prices being what they are.

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Metroplex[IH]

Metroplex[IH] Well-Known Member

I was looking for something to add, but you covered it all.

5. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

It is very true, it is difficult to find POTP figures in retails, and there are a lot of scalpers on Amazon, even Amazon is scalping.

I'm glad could find Battletrap on TRU web in their last days. It was pretty symbolic, since Battletrap was my first Transformers as a kid. Great good bye, TRU.

6. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Amazon has the disclaimer about adjusting prices as they see fit. Since the new wave of prime masters can't seem to be found anywhere, they can price them as they see fit without consequence. If people are buying then they have less reason to adjust.

7. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Just because they *can* do it doesn’t make it ok. It’s still a d*ck move.

8. Omegax80

News Credits:
    Yes it is.

Even pointing out to their customer service Hasbro's own site which shows MSRP at $5.99 doesn't do anything.

9. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

As you mentioned, people need to not buy them. But I understand how it is when you really want something and only have that one option. Thankfully there’s very little I want that badly though.
    Heck, I don’t even like paying the extra few dollars at GameStop for Marvel Legends. I did it for Cable though. I’ll do it again for IW Thor given the chance.
    I’m even considering overpaying on BBTS for Elita-1. So far I’ve resisted that though.

10. RKillian

News Credits:
    Why would it? It's _suggested_ retail price. Besides, people don't want to shop around. They want to go to Walmart and Amazon. If Walmart and Amazon don't have it, that's the same as nobody having it as far as they're concerned. Retail psychology is all sorts of fucked up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

?

12. Dinocon93

Dinocon93 Dinobot Warrior

So not only do 3rd party sellers up the price they also do a shit ass job with actually getting out a damn product by the promised date. Bought something with prime 2 day shipping on Monday and now there telling me its not gonna even be here today or even know when the hell it will get here!

13. Omegax80

News Credits:
    If they don't follow through with advertised 2-day shipping, you can file a complaint with amazon and get a discount off your order... did it once and got 10% back.

14. Dinocon93

Just sent an email to Amazon about the issue.

15. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

2 Day shipping has evolved from being "2 days from when you ordered it," to, as they explained it to me, "2 days once it ships." I'm a Prime member and I get varying degrees of "2-Day." The last time something took 8 days to get to me and the customer service rep said that it would be "2-day" once my state carrier received it. They call it 2-day, but I think there is a lot of grey area in there.

Don't you have a tracking number?

• Like Like x 1
  16. Omegax80

News Credits:
    Truth is, it's not like they can enforce it. Amazon gets their fee, sellers make the sale, and that's that.

Amazon is so big, they can afford the 10% discount, and not bother the seller with how long it takes to ship. Unless it's specifically marked as pre-order, then there is no reason a buyer shouldn't expect the advertised Prime 2-Day shipping.

17. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Call them. I got a $20 credit when they delayed potp grimlock. Let them know how upset you are ;) 

18. RKillian

News Credits:
    Most items eligible for Prime are FBA - Fulfilled By Amazon. So it's not necessarily the seller but Amazon jerking you around.

19. Dinocon93

Nice! So between this shit and retailers refusing to stock shit after the first wave in my fucking area, I guess I won’t be able to get anything else from this godforsaken franchise now due to the usual corprate BS!!!

Ha$bro/retailers right are like that fucking guy in that commercial holding the dollar bill on the end of the fishing pole saying “Oh oh oh you can do better than that!”

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

I gotcha fam
    almost.jpg

Hahaha and yes, I agree

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 4