The Amazon / Amazon JP New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Smashs, Dec 16, 2012.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's definitely a morals issue, no doubt, but I can't fault someone for holding Amazon's feet to the fire for this massive mistake. How many people didn't buy both sets and ended up getting screwed by this? Or will?

If Amazon has to lose a little money to learn a lesson, perhaps it's necessary. I don't want people going and committing fraud, though. Then, they're no better. (I have yet to see anyone commit fraud, here, though.)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Hell, I wasn’t even asking for a full refund. All I asked for was to charged the Ratbat price for the Ratbat set. The rep just went ahead and gave me a full refund. I didn’t go in trying to get it free, just at the right price.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have no skin in this game, but the Shockwave set is the one that's supposed to be $55 and the Ratbat set is supposed to be the one that's $75. It's their screw up for sure, but the $75 was the correct price for what you got.

Hopefully they straighten the prices up now, but part of me thinks they won't.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even if you did ask for it for free, so what. Amazon decided to give you a full refund so that’s their choice and your gain at the end of the day. Ignore the person tryna to guilt trip you over literally nothing.

• Like Like x 16
  5. Eleyre

Eleyre TFW2005 Supporter

The Ratbat price IS $75, not $55. Please see here: Transformers Legacy Evolution Rise of Tyranny 2-Pack Miner Megatron & – Hasbro Pulse.

So as others have mentioned, you were charged correctly for what they sent you. The listing was messed up, so you THOUGHT you were ordering Shockwave. You expected to get Shockwave. You were charged for Ratbat. They sent you Ratbat. What others are pointing out to you is that by asking for the Shockwave price for your Ratbat set, you were engaging in intellectual dishonesty and taking advantage of the situation.

• Like Like x 6
  6. OptimusTarzan

OptimusTarzan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bezos ain't hurtin chillin on his $1 billion dollar yacht. Yall need to chill. If u don't wanna do it cuz morals, then don't. But don't knock others for taking advantage of Amazon's screw up!

• Like Like x 13
  7. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I didn't f'kn knock anyone. All I said was I don't want people going and committing fraud. That's it. (I even said that I didn't see anyone here who had committed fraud.) You might want to pop the pill of chill y'rself.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

I kinda got to agree here. I actually initially had them pre-ordered on Amazon and Pulse, saw the difference and thought I'd save some cash by canceling both $75 charges and getting both sets for $50. However, it was obvious that this was an error, and the more I thought about it the more my conscience ate at me and I decided to cancel the Amazon sets and pay full price on Pulse.
    But I'm not putting anyone down for not coming down on my side of the fence. If I was tempted, I've got no right to judge someone else. Besides, I don't feel like it's any of my business, it's between the buyer and Amazon.
    Just my take.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Boltz

Boltz Well-Known Member

Bro what did i just read lmfao "pre-order price guarantee"

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eleyre

Eleyre TFW2005 Supporter

It's not even just that. If you're going to take advantage of the situation and then brag about it on here, then brag about it. But acting like you were the one taken advantage of and were just trying to rectify the situation is engaging in a bit of intellectual dishonesty. If he wants to take advantage, more power to him. But at least be honest about what you're doing if you're going to brag about it.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Yeah, I was leaving that aspect out and focusing on the moral implications. :p  Just in case anyone else was debating what to do.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I want to make something clear, here. I'm not the one who started the morals aspect of the discussion, I merely agreed with that person on there being a moral component to it. I also fully agree with the customers bothered by this error and actually think about the people who don't know what's going on and might end up with the wrong item thinking they got screwed (and in a way, they did). I'm not judging anyone else, so I'm not sure why OptimusTarzan quoted me when I wasn't even the one who brought all of this up to begin with.

I mean...you're not wrong.

I don't think Zappit was exactly bragging about anything, simply stating what occurred when he pointed out their error to them and he was given a refund for his efforts (good or bad depends on your moral point of view, not my place to judge).

That said, Amazon is still ultimately at fault, here. They should've made sure the listings were accurate and they weren't. It's not just these figure sets, it's a growing problem with hard drives and such. You see a ridiculously cheap price on massive TBs of storage and they get 5-star reviews and then you get something else entirely or a counterfeit item and then you look at the reviews and find out they're all for an entirely different legitimate item. What's worse is Amazon knows about this issue, has responded to the media about it, and has done nothing.

Past a certain point, I'm not going to fault the customers for Amazon's massive screw-up that continues to this very day. If Amazon's to learn, they'll need to lose a little money. It seems to be the only way they learn. Doesn't mean people will use morally correct methods, but Amazon's anything but, so they're reaping what they sow. We honest folks end up paying for it in the long run, but unfortunately, that's how life works.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Okay, NOW I know that. I don’t even look at Hasbro Pulse because the exclusives always sell out before non-Pulse members even get a shot at them. All I knew is that it was an Amazon exclusive set, so that’s where I went, and I preordered at the price I saw. I preordered the first day it was offered there. That is the only price I was ever aware of. I wasn’t taking advantage of anything. I didn’t even know about this mess up until after I shared my story AFTER I dealt with Amazon support. That’s not intellectual dishonesty. I genuinely did not know Amazon made an error.

• Like Like x 8
  14. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    This is another perfect example of not everyone being on here all the time and not everyone knows all the details and minutiae. This is precisely what I was talking about, people who don't know will be confused by the listings and get the wrong item because of Amazon's mistake and the customer shouldn't be responsible for it. Nor should they have to be. People who do know...it's still on them to make the decision and it's still Amazon's fault.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

Thank you. I scaled my collecting way back since my kidney transplant and I mostly just shop through Amazon and BBTS. I haven’t even been on this site much at all over the last year.

• Like Like x 11
  16. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

Amazon is basically run like Ratbat is in charge, so I wouldn't feel bad taking advantage of their own screwup, especially after multiple users here tried to get them to correct the listings.

Hopefully they don't screwup the listing for the Javelin & Kascade 2pk.

• Like Like x 7
  17. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just opened mine and it was the Ratbat and Megatron set and not the Shockwave and Orion set. *sigh*

• Like Like x 3
  18. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Count me in as well for the swapped sets. I actually was going to cancel it anyways since I changed my orders to Pulse but my Pulse Orion Pax order got delayed due to being shipped to the wrong state. Anyhow, my delayed Pulse order got in.

Edit:
    Amazon refunded me. They originally wanted to give me a replacement and let me keep the existing box, but I'm like, you'll just send the wrong set all over again.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
  19. GeoKaiser

GeoKaiser Wardick Zeus

Ebay:
    Thanks for the notice, since I had one ordered on Pulse and the other on Amazon because the preorder sold out. I woulda ended up with 2 Origins sets. Just moved the Ratbat order to Pulse since they have their stuff in order

• Like Like x 1
  20. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Well I got my set this morning. They woke me up too. I was in a deep dream about playing for the heat anyways I didn’t open em up yet but the box looks cool. Glad I got them in…

• Like Like x 2