The Amazon / Amazon JP New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Smashs, Dec 16, 2012.

1. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

After handling the figures of the two packs:
    Sideswipe: If you've handle any version of the Seige figure, you know what to expect. The red is brighter than what I was expecting. The knees on my copy are loose, but it's nothing Future can't fix.
    Skywarp: First time handling the Airazor mold, and I enjoy it. I have no connections to the original figure, but this one looks better than it.
    Mirage: Lack of a shoulder port aside, I like this one much more than the Siege version. (At least I don't have to fear this one's legs randomly breaking on me)
    Grimlock: IMO, this one looks a lot better in hand than images made it look. As with Skywarp, the "inaccurate" colors don't bother me at all. I was going to sell him once I got the set, but I don't think I will anymore.

2. Beastchanger

Beastchanger Well-Known Member

Got my Skywarp & Sideswipe today AND I got my shipping notice for Grimlock & Mirage.

3. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless you order multiple things in your shipment, these should ship in the brown outer sleeve. They say right on the box SIOC which means they’re designed to be shipped “as is”.

4. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

YMMV. My Skywarp/Sideswipe was in SIOC, inside an Amazon box, but my Grimlock/Mirage was just in the SIOC box. It depends on the distribution center where the item is being fulfilled.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Sideswipe/Skywarp came just like @daimchoc

6. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Sideswipe set came in an Amazon box too but I also had something else in the box. Still, I’d say it’s better to expect that it ships in just the brown cover rather than hope they toss it in another box.

7. toysroom27

toysroom27 Well-Known Member

ss86 gnaw back up for PO $22.99

• Like Like x 4
  8. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks! Managed to snag a preorder this time.

• Like Like x 2
  9. ghostyurei

ghostyurei Our race was a peaceful one once...

News Credits:
    Well, that was an exciting few minutes.
    upload_2021-9-20_21-37-50.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  10. chuckdawg1999

chuckdawg1999 Well-Known Member

From personal experience, that doesn't always work.

11. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    I think the difference is Grimlock/Mirage has the "packaging reveals what is inside" or whatever notice on the page. Sideswipe/Skywarp doesn't. I think the packaging for these is up to what the WH is telling the people/machines to pack it as.

I got my Sideswipe set like you, in the SIOC box IN another amazon box with air bubble in it. Grimlock/Mirage shipped in the SIOC with the label on that box.

12. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

Amazon listing just says the below for the Battle Across Time sets.

13. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

I had multiple Amazon deliveries that day. Mirage/Grimlock came in the SIOC box by USPS. No other packaging. The rest of my delivery was by the Amazon truck.

14. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    On the right side below what seller it is for Grimlock/Mirage. (desktop site)
    upload_2021-9-21_9-9-38.png

Grimlock/Mirage:
    upload_2021-9-21_9-10-59.png
    Sideswipe/Skywarp:
    upload_2021-9-21_9-10-51.png

15. daimchoc

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

My Grimlock/Mirage set was supposed to arrive today. Still hasn’t shipped so I doubt it’ll happen.

17. Racer_J

Racer_J Well-Known Member

Neither has mine. However, I've also had stuff from Amazon that doesn't ship out until later in the day (or even the afternoon) that still arrives on the same day. It really just depends on where it's at and your proximity to that location. Logistics focuses on what's more efficient for the entire chain while trying to meet delivery ETAs/guarantees and that ultimately makes things ship out a lot later than people typically think they would. That's especially true if Amazon is handling the entire delivery chain because they have have hubs/hops almost everywhere along with several DC (distribution centers). The only things that come eve remotely close are big box stores like BestBuy/Target/Walmart since they can/will pull from local inventory and will occasionally have local delivery (dependent on why you have purchased and it's never free at Target unless you're paying $99 a year for Shipt). GameStop can also work like BestBuy/Target/Walmart but, I don't know how abundant their DCs are given how small the stores and products (barring consoles) are.

It might wind up being delayed but based on personal experience, there is still plenty of time for it to ship and arrive today. Again, it just depends on your proximity to where it's shipping out of and who is handling the delivery chain.

18. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

Yeah for me my Amazon stuff arrives anytime between 4-9 PM, just because of how the trucks do their routes and my proximity to the warehouse. Thankfully this set seems to be in wider circulation than last years exclusives so I’m not too terribly worried if they cancel it. More will crop up eventually.

19. Racer_J

Racer_J Well-Known Member

Well so much for that lol. I just received an email that my Mirage & Grimlock set was delayed. Really not a fan of getting charged (for clarity I mean the money was withdrawn; it's not pending) for something the previous day then getting an email about we'll let you know when it ships shtick.

Based on the product page (order now in stock soon) they oversold their inventory and the delay is due to a stock issue and not a supply & demand issue for delivery drivers.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  20. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Grimlock and Mirage was supposed to arrive today but just got a shipping notice a few minutes ago. I dont think it will get from Ohio to Arkansas by 10 pm tonight.

Skywarp/Sideswipes though has been stuck in limbo. 7 days after payment has cleared, it still just says preparing to ship.