The All New Marvel Now Thread (Renamed and Rebooted!)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Devil's Reign Comes To A Cataclysmic End In Upcoming Omega Issue

Spinning out of Chip Zdarsky and Marco Checchetto’s Eisner-nominated run on DAREDEVIL, DEVIL’S REIGN is taking the Marvel Universe by storm, ushering in significant changes to your favorite heroes and villains! The impact of this Marvel Comics crossover will be fully explored in May with DEVIL’S REIGN: OMEGA #1, the event’s finale issue.

In the wake of one of the most visceral Marvel stories ever, New York City stands remade and reforged — if not in Wilson Fisk’s image, then at the very least in his spirit. After a battle that nearly tore the city and its citizens apart, New York’s Super Heroes have no choice but to try to adapt to the new and dangerous paradigm they find themselves operating under — with eight million people turned against them! The shocking outcome to Marvel’s NYC mayoral race, the fate of Elektra as the Woman Without Fear, and more exciting developments will emerge from the ashes of Kingpin’s takeover.

With stories by Zdarsky, artist Rafael De Latorre, and many more, DEVIL’S REIGN: OMEGA #1 will be an essential issue for readers eager to see the beginning of the next eras of Daredevil, Elektra, Kingpin, and the new Thunderbolts. Check out InHyuk Lee’s cover below and don’t miss DEVIL’S REIGN: OMEGA #1 when it hits stands in May.

DEVIL’S REIGN: OMEGA #1
    Written by CHIP ZDARSKY & MORE
    Art by RAFAEL DE LATORRE & MORE!
    Cover by INHYUK LEE

upload_2022-1-22_2-15-31.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Issy543

News Credits:
    Chip Zdarsky And Marco Checchetto Reunite For An All New Era Of Daredevil | Marvel

A bit soon for a relaunch, especially as it has the same creative team, but nevertheless, I am excited in seeing what Chip Zdarsky has next for Daredevil:

A new DAREDEVIL #1 rises from the ashes of DEVIL’S REIGN’s climactic ending!

Writer Chip Zdarsky and artist Marco Checchetto will be continuing their Eisner-nominated run on DAREDEVIL this June. Known for their transformative work on the saga of Matt Murdock, Elektra, Kingpin and more, the superstar creative team will turn their gaze to a future full of peril and pain, in this explosive beginning of an all new era for Hell’s Kitchen’s guardian devil. After the shocking events of DEVIL’S REIGN, what is left of Daredevil? Who lived, who died, and who is left to pick up the pieces? Fans can expect the series to tackle both Matt AND Elektra’s journeys as they deal with the brutal cost of taking on the Daredevil mantle. With new enemies and radical changes to the fabric of Daredevil’s mythos, DAREDEVIL #1 is set to usher in the darkest Hell’s Kitchen to date.

“Getting to write Daredevil and work with Marco is a career highlight. I’m just genuinely excited that we get to continue our epic story with this new issue one!” Zdarsky said. “Matt and Elektra have confronted their past mistakes with DEVIL’S REIGN and WOMAN WITHOUT FEAR, but can they atone for them together?”

"It's the first time that I’ve to draw the first issue of the same series twice. I could tell you it's an issue like everyone else, now, but it's not,” Checcetto promises. “Each time I’ve to draw a new script of Daredevil it's a new experience. Chip keeps throwing at me new challenges and I'm not the type of artist to refuse them. How much more can we mess up with Matt Murdock's life? Let’s see with this new DAREDEVIL #1.”

"This is the start of our fourth year on the title! And the plan for it is about as big a swing as we could possibly take,” Zdarsky added. I’m super excited for readers to see where we’re taking our Daredevils!”

Don’t miss the shocking twists and the dramatic developments Zdarsky and Checchetto have in store for Hell’s Kitchen when DAREDEVIL #1 hits stands this June!

DAREDEVIL #1
    Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
    Art and Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  4. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Peter seems into it.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  6. Issy543

News Credits:
    Iron Man Pops the Question to a Fellow Avenger | CBR

Not the partnership I was expecting, but let's see...

Iron Man #20 will see Tony Stark pop the question to Patsy Walker, aka Hellcat.

"Since Issue #1, bringing Patsy Walker/Hellcat into this story just felt right. She was the perfect kind of grounded presence in Tony Stark’s hyper-octane world that I believed could help bring more balance to his life," writer Christopher Cantwell said of the upcoming story, illustrated by Angel Unzueta. "Patsy Walker’s best super-power in my mind has always been her ability to be human and sincere. And like Tony, she has had her share of demons in the past (some literal in her case)."

"Both Patsy and Tony have gone through fundamental transformations in this story," he continued. "And as the dust settles, and Tony sees Patsy as this phenomenal force in his life, he does the only thing he can think to do in order to keep her near him and connected: he proposes they be together for the rest of their lives. Of course, marriage is freighted for Patsy in ways it is for few other Marvel characters. Just one her previous relationships took her to the very depths of hell. It’s not an easy decision for her in the least."

In addition to Iron Man #20, Marvel promised news to come about June's Iron Man/Hellcat Annual #1, which will presumably follow up on the proposal.

IRON MAN #20
    • Written by CHRISTOPHER CANTWELL
    • Art by ANGEL UNZUETA
    • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    • Variant Cover by BETSY COLA
    • Over the course of Chris Cantwell’s run on IRON MAN, Tony Stark has travelled across the galaxy, battled against Korvac, and struggled with gaining new cosmic powers--but he hasn’t faced this epic journey alone. By his side has been his new love interest and partner, Patsy Walker aka Hellcat! In true Marvel fashion, the pair’s blossoming romance has developed amidst a backdrop of interdimensional conflicts and Celestial-level threats. Now in May’s IRON MAN #20, Tony, back on his feet and seeking much-needed stability, will bend down on one knee and ask Patsy to marry him! Could the next Marvel Comics wedding be on the horizon, or will more chaos keep these lovers apart?
    • On Sale 5/11
    Written by Christopher Cantwell with art by Angel Unzueta, Iron Man #20 goes on sale May 11 from Marvel Comics.

upload_2022-1-28_19-39-52.png
    upload_2022-1-28_19-39-59.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  9. Deathcatg

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  10. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So they made a comic of all those gwen as other heroes alt covers?

[​IMG]

11. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    That or the Jackal has been going into fantasy territory with his cloning efforts.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I often wonder if the writer is out of ideas, or the PR department doesn’t understand a story unless you frame it as something that came before. Sometimes I read these stories and they’re straight retreads of old stories, sometimes they’re something new and I’m legitimately puzzled why they reference an older story in the adverts.

Or maybe editorial has so little faith in stories they think it won’t work unless it’s a sequel to an older more famous story.

13. Deathcatg

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think in this case, they're hoping to capitalize on both the anticipation of "Multiverse of Madness" and the popularity of "Into the Spider-Verse".

14. Issy543

News Credits:
    The Avengers, X-Men, And Eternals Face Judgment Day | Marvel

The next Marvel Comics epic is here! From the brilliant mind of superstar writer Kieron Gillen and the incredible talents of acclaimed artist Valerio Schiti comes JUDGMENT DAY, a Marvel Universe spanning event launching in July.

Already redefining the Eternals mythos in ETERNALS, and soon to be shepherding in the next age of mutantkind in IMMORTAL X-MEN, Gillen will take his work on both titles as well as recent storylines in Jason Aaron and Javier Garron’s AVENGERS run for an odyssey that will usher in dramatic developments for these three core Marvel teams. And Schiti, already proven to be a masterful event storyteller in books like EMPYRE and INFERNO, will deliver the breathtaking action and high-stakes thrills that transpire when Super Hero titans clash. Together, these iconic creators have crafted an intense saga that’s destined to take its place among the most impactful events in Marvel Comics history.

The X-Men have achieved immortality and mutants have taken their place as the dominant species on the planet. The Eternals have discovered long hidden knowledge about their species, including a devastating truth about mutantkind. The Avengers have come into direct conflict with the Celestials and are currently using a fallen Celestial as their base of operations, slowly unlocking its secrets… When the Eternals brazenly target the mutant nation of Krakoa, the Avengers try desperately to de-escalate a potentially apocalyptic war. But this is no simple conflict. The Eternals’ purpose cannot be denied and mutantkind’s future will not be threatened. And after the opening battles, new players and revelations for both sides will emerge as the inhabitants of the Marvel Universe are JUDGED by the greatest power they’ve ever come into contact with.

“There's a classic metaphor to describe the Marvel Universe - a toybox, which creators take toys out of, play with and put back. I get it, but it's never quite how I've seen it - I think 'play' in another way. I think of a music shop, with all these instruments with their different qualities suggesting different songs, different stories,” Gillen explained. “For all the Marvel instruments I've played, I've never written an event. Writing an event is something different. It's not like playing an instrument. It's having all the instruments in the Marvel music shop. That's not like writing a song. That's like writing a symphony.”

“I looked at everything in Eternals and Immortal X-Men and everything else all the X and Avengers writers have done and thought... yeah, this is an event. In fact, an event is the only way to do justice to this. The Beach Boys' Brian Wilson described the music he was reaching for as Teenage Symphonies to God. I think that's what the best Marvel Events aspire to be, and it's what we're aspiring to here. I want the scale. I want the heartbreak . I want a book that wears its heart on its sleeve even as it puts a fist in your face. I want something Wagnerian in its volume as emotional as God Only Knows.”

“It is great to have the opportunity to draw another Marvel event after Empyre,” Schiti said. “The difference is that last time I was just excited, but now I know how high the expectations are, so now I am both excited and a bit scared! Luckily for me I have the great Kieron Gillen and Marte Gracia watching my back and together we can face any cosmic threat!”

Be sure to pick up FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: AVENGERS/X-MEN #1 on May 7 for your first taste of the action. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more information, including cover reveals, and witness the buildup to JUDGMENT DAY in upcoming issues of ETERNALS, IMMORTAL X-MEN, X-MEN, and AVENGERS.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Oh joy another heroes vs each other crossover.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, if it doesn't work... just keep doing it, I guess? Even an old calendar is right every 28 years.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks llke avengers are playing referee this time.

18. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  19. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I’m expecting they all unite against the Celestial. That’s the most boring and predictable outcome.

The better outcome would be the new status quo is Eternals versus the X-men.

The even better outcome is a permanent break between the three groups: Avengers kill the celestial, Eternals going after the Avengers in revenge, Eternals deciding once and for all that mutants are Devinants and need wiping out, and X-men being seen by the Avengers as a world class threat.

20. Issy543

News Credits:
    Wolverine, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, and Hulk Return as the New Fantastic Four

In 1991’s FANTASTIC FOUR #347, comic book legends Walter Simonson and Arthur Adams introduced an unforgettable iteration of Marvel’s premier Super Hero team when they teamed up Wolverine, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, and Hulk as the new Fantastic Four. Though their time as the FF was brief, this unlikely group of heroes left a big impact, and now fans will get to return to this special moment in Marvel history in a new limited series kicking off in May. Written by comics great Peter David and featuring the Marvel Comics debut of artist Alan Robinson, NEW FANTASTIC FOUR will be set shortly after the events of the fan-favorite group’s first appearance, taking readers back to a classic era with a brand-new tale in the same vein as hit titles like X-MEN LEGENDS, MAESTRO, and SILVER SURFER REBIRTH.

Wolverine, the Hulk, Ghost Rider, and Spider-Man have reunited to investigate a surge of violence in Las Vegas. And with demonic masterminds pulling the strings, they’re going to need some extra help… This all-new adventure will feature surprise guest stars aplenty, including the original FF and a series of mystery villains that you’ll never see coming!

"Although their original stint was extremely short-lived, the alternate version of the FF has had its fans for years, including myself,” David said. “I am fortunate Marvel has given me the opportunity to revisit with them and take their battles to new heights in a new location with new allies and new enemies."

"Talk about debuting with a big bang in Marvel Comics!” Robinson added. “With characters such as Spider-Man, Hulk, Ghost Rider and Wolverine, and written by the awesome Peter David, no less! This is a dream come true for me as an artist and as a fan, and the story gets richer with each page. A total blast!"

Check out Nick Bradshaw’s wraparound cover featuring the iconic lineup alongside their original counterparts and brace yourself for a wild ride when NEW FANTASTIC FOUR hits stands on May 25

upload_2022-2-2_23-54-47.jpeg

• Like Like x 3