The All New Marvel Now Thread (Renamed and Rebooted!)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jul 3, 2012.

1. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’d also add, I’m specifically talking about the legends sale where you can get first volumes of omnibuses for $.99 and later for $1.99. That sale is incredible.

Prior to it I had the Rogue Squadron, KotOR, and Legacy omnibuses. I’ve since bought all the Dark Horse omnibus volumes. I’m reading through it all and it’s good fun. Some of the episode I related omnibuses are slow, but I still enjoyed them.

2. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pop Culture News and Social Media's been making noise about how hot this version of Colossus is ever since these covers were revealed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    [​IMG]

I finally have the last volume to the Ben Reily era of Spider-Man in my hands, so once I get through Volume 1, I can jump right into Volume 2 to get this shitfest done with. Though, it could take m e another year to get through it...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL why bother buying and reading those if you're so clearly not enjoying it?

6. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Because it's still an important part of Spider-Man history. Also, I'm a completionist.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fair enough.

• Like Like x 1
  8. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  9. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Seems to water it down somewhat.

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  11. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of those caps better be american dream. Marvel releases a costume of her every halloween and she has toys of her yet they never use her in the comics at all!

• Like Like x 1
  12. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  13. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  14. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Marvel announced a couple of new Doctor Strange omnibuses. Volume 2 to the Silver Age run, Volume 3 to the Sorceror Supreme 90s stuff, and a more modern book.

15. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    X-Men Hellfire Gala ending with a murder, with Magneto as the prime suspect | GamesRadar+

The previously-teased Trial of Magneto has been revealed to be a five-issue series that will replace the current X-Factor series on Marvel's schedule.

That's right, Leah Williams and David Baldeon's X-Factor series ends this June in X-Factor #10, but Williams and new artist Lucas Werneck (who will be drawing a portion of June's X-Men #20) continue on with these characters investigating The Trial of Magneto beginning in August.

"When has Magneto ever allowed bureaucracy to get between himself and what's just?" Williams asks rhetorically in the announcement of The Trial of Magneto. "In the island paradise of Krakoa, safe haven and home for mutants - Magneto's hard-fought, greatest desire of seeing his people at peace and thriving has finally been achieved. But Magneto's loyalty extends only as far as it is first earned, so after the Hellfire Gala, when he learns that even a paradise could still be filled with lies...the Trial of Magneto will begin."

Marvel hits the nail squarely on the head, saying "The Trial of Magneto will deal with the aftermath of a violent death that occurs on mutantkind’s big night."

Who was murdered? What are the lies? All that is to be revealed, along with "a horrifying revelation" according to the publisher. The cover by Valerio Schiti currently obscures the victim, but the final draft will reportedly reveal them - presumably after the murder itself in 'Hellfire Gala.'

"I am so looking forward to working with Leah, especially with this project,” Werneck says. "Leah has incredible sensitivity in her writing and is able to craft stories that are layered and mysterious and fun for readers so I think she is perfect to write this story. Participating in the Hellfire Gala and now being invited to be part of this project is really a dream."

Long-time X-Men fans will remember Magneto was put on trial by the World Court in 1985's Uncanny X-Men #200 for his various crimes. The trial was interrupted by an attack from some villains, and in a bizarre turn of events Xavier asked Magneto to take over as head of his mutant school - and by extension, mentor to the New Mutants. As part of this, Magneto joined the X-Men for the first time.

X-Factor #10 goes on sale June 30, with The Trial of Magneto #1 (of 5) going on sale August 18.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I thought there already was a trial of Magneto story?

17. Deathcatg

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, it's a classic story from the first "Magneto joined the X-Men" era. From the write-ups, it seems like the writing staff is counting on the nostalgia of the title to boost interest.

18. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Honestly, it feels like it's not just those writers but the staff at Marvel in general, it's like they just need to rehash certain event names the last couple of years - it's almost like they want to see if people who aren't careful will buy the wrong books off the name. What have we gotten lately? Secret Wars, Infinity Wars, Heroes Reborn/Return, Civil War II, the new Clone Saga and so one and so forth.

• Like Like x 1
  19. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    So, Doom is working on multiple fronts....

Firstly he asks Latverian ambassador/national hero Victorious/Zora Vukovic to be his bride... after she had a one-night stand with Johnny Storm.

Secondly, he gets his body swapped with Rocket Racoon and is put on forced membership of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

• Like Like x 3
  20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Marvel Just Admitted Its Justice League Is Better Than the Avengers

"While the heroes of the Marvel Universe have always had to deal with the grit of real human problems to some extent, the DC Universe is rooted in the magical unreality of places like Metropolis and Themyscira.

The Squadron Supreme might seem better at saving the world than the Avengers, but the rules of their reality make that a far easier task than it is for Marvel's heroes."

Well, that's one way to see it.

• Like Like x 1