The All New Marvel Now Thread (Renamed and Rebooted!)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jul 3, 2012.

1. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair, it’s not just Carol. Dr. Strange has always struggled to carry a book. Marvel has some characters that work better on a team or as part of the wider universe than as solo characters.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Silver surfer also. He ended up taking off in the 80s comic after a failed series before it but after that his books tend to not last as long.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah. Him too. Some of these with the right team and the right moment manage to hang around in solo books for a while, but long run they just work better as mythology characters. Important for the world or for teams, not so great on their own.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GoLion

GoLion Haters everywhere

News Credits:
    To me that just means that the characters aren't interesting enough on their own.

I like Strange, but he was always more interesting on books like the Defenders or when he was running around with Ghost Rider in the Midnight Sons book.

Ms. Marvel was always more interesting on a team book.

• Like Like x 1
  5. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

Yes yes YES. I love having STAR comics collected. These were my favorite books as a kid, and I had a feeling Top Dog would be right behind Peter Porker and Planet Terry. Wish they'd get all the licensed titles out as well--Madballs, Heathcliff, Alf! I'd be first in line for an Alf Omnibus. Alfnibus?

6. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Derek Landy and Federico Vicentini Launch New Falcon & Winter Soldier Series at Marvel in February

upload_2019-11-12_20-44-38.jpeg

An office of dead government agents. A gifted new killer. And two ex-Captain Americas… When a dramatic attempt on the life of Bucky Barnes reunites him with Sam Wilson, the two old friends are plunged headlong into a race to uncover the new leader of Hydra before a mass casualty event announces the terror group’s resurgence to the world. The clock is ticking.

Marvel Comics Announces (Again) X-Men/Fantastic Four by Chip Zdarsky and Terry Dodson

upload_2019-11-12_20-45-34.jpeg
    Every known mutant lives on Krakoa…except for one. And now it’s time for Franklin Richards to come home. Spinning out of the now-classic scene from HOUSE OF X #1, we get the first big touch-point between what’s been going on in the X-titles and the rest of the Marvel Universe with this new limited series…

Gwen Stacy Gets Her Own Series at Marvel in February by Christos Gage and Todd Nauck
    upload_2019-11-12_20-46-14.jpeg
    Gwen and Peter may not have met until AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #31, but that doesn’t mean Gwen’s life began on that page. Learn the never-before told origin of Gwen Stacy, top of her class, daughter of the Police Captain and, as her friend Harry Osborn calls her, “The Beauty Queen of Standard High.” But she’s way more that you even know! Gwen’s got a science brain, a nose for trouble and a no-quit attitude that always gets her in trouble. In the early Marvel Universe, that’s a recipe for disaster. Don’t miss Gwen, Captain Stacy, Harry and Norman Osborn, Crimemaster, Wilson Fisk, Jean DeWolff, Yuri Wantanabe and even Spider-Man!

Jim Zub Graduates to Marvel's Conan The Barbarian Ongoing Series in February
    upload_2019-11-12_20-48-18.jpeg
    Conan finds himself in the mystical Uttara Kuru, further on the eastern border than the young barbarian has ever traveled. And with the new city comes new dangers. Unfamiliar with the language, Conan inadvertently agrees to be the latest entrant to the Great Crucible. The people of the city support their foreign champion…but what deadly traps does the Crucible hold, and what will Conan sacrifice to overcome his ordeal?

Conan begins an all-new journey in CONAN THE BARBARIAN #13!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Well, today we got the first issue of Fallen Angels, the last of the initial Dawn of X comics, and X-Men #2. I have not read the latter yet.

8. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    X Men is interesting. It does reference events from the other books, so I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake skipping them all. I've mostly kept up thanks to folks here and articles online. It specifically references X-Force and New Mutants. I enjoyed it, but, without getting spoilery, there's something weird going on with some of the character's ages that still keeps that creepy vibe going.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Hickman’s overseeing all the books, so I’m not surprised there’s connections.

Now we’ve got Wolverine and Giant Sized X-Men left to come.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019 at 7:33 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    X-Men might not be solving the mysteries at the moment (it makes me have more questions), but it does still keep me interested as to how long this status quo will last for. In the back of my head, I'm just waiting for it all to crumble down.

It's good to hear the other titles are in-sync with X-Men. Great for X-Men fans. I would like to pick up all of them, if I could, because while I doubt they will all have their status quo forever, the premise is interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I'm so excited for Giant-Sized X-men that I'm going to go nuts!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

13. DrTraveler

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very interesting. I recall this being an interesting 2099 comic from the 90’s.

14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Yeah that what in expect a FF'2099 might look like.