The All New Marvel Now Thread (Renamed and Rebooted!)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    In her last solo comic she outlined the reason she took it back. But I forget the exact details.

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's because Wolverine is back and Laura is more recognizable as X-23 so Marvel reverted her to the more familiar status quo.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    I mean, she literally stated to someone why she went back to her old name in her recent solo comic, think it was like issue 2.

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Speaking of Apocalypse - did they do anything with Evan lately? I think I remember reading somewhere that he got evolved to an adult?

Yeah the reality is trademark, popularity and character branding can take precedence over storytelling.

Man I wonder how much Rosenberg knew about Hickman's plans or if he was even privy to them. On the other hand, I guess it's possible that he did knew so he killed em off anyway knowing they'd be back.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In X-23 Issue #3:

The Real Reason X-23 Gave Up The Wolverine Title, Revealed

upload_2019-7-22_8-11-7.jpeg

What follows is a confrontation between Laura and Dr. Kinney, in which Laura makes it very clear exactly why she’s reclaimed the title of X-23. As she grabs Sarah's face, she tells her that she has taken an oath to ensure what she has experienced never happens to anyone else. What's more, by going by the known designation of X-23, those responsible for the atrocities committed upon her and her sisters would know exactly who it was who brought them to their end.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I'm good. I don't need to read more shitty writing to know why they screwed up their own characters.

Wait, didn't DC recently turn Darkseid into a good guy? That's probably why, Marvel has to copy DC's homework again.

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Apocalypse died and got reborn a kid. Then Darkseid died and got reborn a kid.

Darkseid joined the Justice League Odyssey team...maybe its Marvel's turn to follow/copy.

Or maybe it's Evan grown up. Maybe when he came out of Age of X-Man he was a adult.

• Like Like x 2
  8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's the in-story rationalization they concocted for the sake of readers. But what Switchblade said is the actual reason behind changing it back.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Some takeaways of the recent line up reveals.....
    1). So all the deaths from Uncanny #11 thru #22 are undone somehow......even Banshee is apparently back (the whys and therefore could be in either House/ Powers of X or a Annual.....)
    2). Yes, Betsy is apparently Captain Britain, this has precedent, as she wore the Uniform before she lost her original eyes, so I guess Brian retired
    3). I’m sure some have called the line up for X-Men the Summers reunion with almost the entire Core Lineup being part of the brothers (Cyclops obviously, Havok somehow, a somehow no longer insane Vulcan), father figures (Corsair, who isn’t a Mutant I think......), married into the family (Jean, we think she still counts, as far as one knows), the “kids” (Cable.....ok Kid Cable and Alternate Future Sister Rachel) and Wolverine there to add the team as the designated brawler, and heck, it’s another team for him to join (after Savage Avengers and I’m sure five other teams outside the X Umbrella)
    4). Oh hey, Mondo is back, after being killed by Bastion back before Zero Tolerance kicked off, as well as some of the aforementioned casualties from the Uncanny run (Magik, Wolfsbane, Sunspot, Warlock, Chamber)
    5). X-Force as a Spy Game......maybe cooler heads would keep the team in check (and Jean is now being part of Multiple teams)
    6). So far no Original Five Reunion Books, and Archangel doesn’t have a prominent spot in the Wave 1 Books
    7). Marauders as a X Allied Pirate Team......with mostly veteran X-Men plus Emma Frost (guess she needed distance from getting pulled into the Summers Family mess for once. Or she knows her attempts to win Cyclops back may have failed)
    8). Psylocke is obviously Kwannon somehow

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

They they do it all the time

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    This is one of the things I'm most excited for. It's a clever way for Marvel to preserve the popular character design while also removing the questionable racial politics elements, but mostly it's a chance for Kwannon to finally be a real character and not just an easily-disposed retcon plot device.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ismaeel Kamal

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Looks like some sort of weird mystical monster, and art by Bachalo, I’m gonna guess maybe something Dr Strange related?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    So is anyone going to be reading House of X(and by extension Powers of X next week) tomorrow?

Or are most of you just done with X-Men at this point?

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ismaeel Kamal

News Credits:
    I forgot they came out tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.

If it's essential reading, I'll pick it up, otherwise, I'll save the money I would have spent on those issues for the for the new X-Men titles.

16. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    These two comics more or less set up the ones with Dawn of X, so I’d guess that yes, they are essential reading.

17. Ismaeel Kamal

News Credits:
    Hmm... seems quite pricey for both series, despite them both being prequels for Dawn of X. I'll probably get them when they're on sale, and read the news articles for any "game changing" events, so I'm not completely out of loop.

18. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    I read the last issue of War of the Realms today. I'll definitely buy the trade to read what I missed in between. And hopefully one day I'll own all of Jason Aaron's Thor, because dude is killing it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    I've been in and out for the last few years, but I'm jumping on at this point and hopefully staying current.

• Like Like x 1
  20. smkspy

smkspy The old timers here get it

If prices were still $2.99, I would possibly be in for this relaunch, but gonna wait for the trade route cause of price and enjoyment of not having a back issue collection.