The All New Marvel Now Thread (Renamed and Rebooted!)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

The closest to him DC wise is of course Geoff Johns, whom DC wisely made him a exclusive writer before Marvel could........which was Marvel’s loss, for what could he have done with more than Avengers? Would he have adhered to Marvel edicts (Spider-Man’s Marriage and keeping Jean Dead for 15 years), or would he have found a way around those?

2. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m ready to pull the trigger on Immortal Hulk. It sounds very interesting, and I like the first TPB.

But, I might drop Captain America, because I’m not hooked to it as much as I thought I would.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I honestly don't know what to do with that, lol.

4. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

The late 200s were written by Bill Mantlo and are some of my favorite Hulk stories. This is where the Crossroads was introduced, and it was ultimately a formative concept. There's a couple of pre-Epic format trades, now out of print.

I'm reading the Paul Jenkins run right now. There's good stuff, but you need to be up on Hulk history for much of it. Eric Powell did GORGEOUS inks on several of those books.

5. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I can see the comparison. I’m just not a fan of Geoff Johns and I’m more than happy he’s DC exclusive. They can hold on to him.

Though I’d have loved to see what Hickman could do with the Legion. There were rumors for a while that Hickman was in consideration for a relaunch.

6. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    Well, I finished the second one. Granted I found things a little hard to follow. And I’m guessing that the Brotherhood of Shield served as SHIELD’s ancient precursor I take it? At least that’s the impression I got from that last panel with Howard Stark.

So, I’m going to read Hickman’s Secret Warrior’s next, I know that it spun out of the events of Secret Invasion and took place during the Dark Reign.

7. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

I kinda wish older trades where still readily available at Barnes and Noble, not just stories printed a few years ago, Epic Collections, and recent stories.....I want more Revenge of the Sinister Six, or reprint/ collect Epic Collections Of Peter David’s Hulk Run, or Excalibur.......or more older X Stuff (I know X-Factor is getting the Epic Collections now, as well as Classic Storylines like Dark Phoenix, Days of Future Past, Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, Inferno, X Tinction Agenda, X Cutioners Song, but what of X-Men/ Alpha Flight (Or Alpha Flight in general), or From the Ashes, or the Phoenix Saga, or Epic Collections of Claremont and Byrne’s early run (which includes the Return of Magneto, Moses Magnum, Arcade, Proteus)

8. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

So I took a peak at the SpiderGeddon book at B&N last night and all it looked like to me was that it was Spider-Verse 2.0 with even Morlun and his family being back. Like seriously? They were defeated in Spider-Verse, can't Marvel think of anything new? Oh, and there was an actual alternate universe vrsion of Gwen Stacy back that wasn't Spider-Gwen.

9. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish I'd seen you were reading SHIELD earlier. You really want to read it with Secret Warriors. Hickman loves to have parallel narratives going and SHIELD is the parallel to Secret Warriors. The final story twists to Secret Warriors heavily reference the events of SHIELD while SHIELD makes much more sense with the set up from Secret Warriors.

If you're reading other Hickman Marvel runs let me suggest:

Secret Warriors/ SHIELD: Read SHIELD sometime after the God of War/God of Fear arc, but before the end of Night/Start of Wheels Within Wheels.
    Ultimates/Ultimate Hawkeye: Ultimate Hawkeye happens parallel to the opening arc of Hickman's Ultimates run.
    Dark Reign Fantastic Four/Fantastic Four/Future Foundation: Make sure to read Dark Reign Fantastic Four first, then Fantastic Four until it becomes Future Foundation, then alternate the issues with Fantastic Four 700 and Future Foundation 12. Also, the revelations with Reed's Dad make more sense having read SHIELD.
    Avengers/New Avengers: Alternate story lines between the two to Infinity, where the books are entwined. Alternate again until Time Runs Out. Makes more sense if you've read SHIELD and Fantastic Four.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ismaeel Kamal

News Credits:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/0...s-for-miles-morales-250th-issue-in-september/
    upload_2019-6-11_22-52-17.jpeg

MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #10 WRITTEN BY SALADIN AHMED, ART BY JAVIER GARRÓN, COVER BY MAHMUD ASRAR

It’s Miles’ 250th solo issue! And just in time for the legacy number milestone, it’s Miles’ Birthday!

The Ultimate Universe comes back to haunt Miles… Who is Ultimatum and how does he have the Ultimate Green Goblin in his thrall?!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/0...-costume-for-new-comic-strikeforce-at-marvel/
    upload_2019-6-11_22-53-0.jpeg

STRIKEFORCE #1 WRITTEN BY TINI HOWARD, ART BY GERMAN PERALTA, COVER BY ANDREA SORRENTINO

Doing the dirty jobs the Avengers and other Marvel heroes can’t do!

Angela, Blade, Spider-Woman, Wiccan, the Winter Soldier, Monica Rambeau, and Daimon Hellstrom join forces for a monsterrific bloodbath from the dark mind of rising star Tini Howard. Prepare for a tale from the underside of the Marvel Universe in STRIKEFORCE!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/0...he-web-of-black-widow-at-marvel-in-september/
    upload_2019-6-11_22-53-37.jpeg

THE WEB OF BLACK WIDOW #1 WRITTEN BY JODY HOUSER, ART BY STEPHEN MOONEY, COVER BY JUNGGEUN YOON

One of Marvel Comics’ greatest heroes, the deadliest spy in the Marvel Universe, and a former leader of the Avengers, Natasha Romanoff stars in THE WEB OF BLACK WIDOW!

A great introduction to new readers and an thrilling confirmation to fans in the know why Black Widow is one of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, the new series finds a mysterious figure exploiting the hero’s past. And in response, the Widow may have to go off the grid.

Who can she trust in this web of deceit? And more importantly—can her friends trust her?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looking forward to that Black Widow mini. Have loved the books Jody Houser has done for Star Wars.

12. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    So, Uncanny X-Men has no more Masterworks coming out yes? It stopped at Volume 11?

13. Mudslide

Mudslide Wahmbulance Driver

What is Spider-Woman doing in that horrible, out-dated, offensive costume?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Sarcasm?

15. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Is 11 the one that just came out?

16. Ismaeel Kamal

News Credits:
  17. Omegashark18