The All New Marvel Now Thread (Renamed and Rebooted!)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Sometimes I care.......I’m taking a wait and see approach on X-Men, hoping that Post Age of X-Man will keep up with less Cyclops being a dick, Wolverine hacking into flunkies, maybe have some moments when the Original Five reunite, maybe next have Captain America and Cyclops bury the hatchet.......

Now, another player to possibly bring back the missing X-Men is Omega Level Proto Mutant Shepherd.....who as far as I know hasn’t been seen since before Schism......his temporal/ matter manipulation/ telepathy means he could easily pull feats that would have normally required either Cable’s Bodyslide Tech, Shi’ar Tech, The M’Krann Crystal, Dr Doom’s Time platform, or Matthew Malloy.....Or Reed’s Dimension Portal........

Then again, odds are a combination of Legion, Nate Grey’s dying power and Jean would get the team back.....

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I’ve got a question regarding Valkyrie.

She apparently has a host body. And her current one is Annabelle Riggs, who also is her current girlfriend.

Why does she require a host body, how did this situation come about for her, and exactly does it work given her relationship to her host?

This question spins out of her death at the hands of Malekith in War of the Realms #2.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Hercules got a new suit. He looks decent IMO.

[​IMG]

Looks like Olympus will get some major focus in the future. But they could help out Earth right now with the War of the Realms.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It occurred in Fearless Defenders (2013), a 13 issue series. As for how why requires a host body, according to Marvel Wiki (note: Valkyrie’s name is Brunnhide apparently):

“Brunnhilde had decided that Midgard did not possess women strong enough to replace the Valkyrior, and this did not form a new team. The absence of such a team allowed the villainous Caroline le Fay to plot the return of the Doom Maidens. Valkyrie met Misty Knight and Annabelle Riggs, an archaeologist who found herself infatuated with Brunnhilde.[27] Hippolyta was added to their group by Hela, who sent them to rescue Dani Moonstar. They arrived too late to stop le Fay from using Moonstar's powers to revive the Doom Maidens, and it was revealed that Brunnhilde used to be one of them.[28]

The group, along with a host of other heroines, confronted the Doom Maidens at an old ruin. Brunnhilde used the ruins to siphon power from Moonstar, and was transformed into the Doom Maiden of Rage. She destroyed the Doom Maidens, and then defeated all the other heroes as well. Annabelle was able to stop her, but was killed in the process. Brunnhilde, now in control of herself, proposed a new team of Defenders, but is rebuked by an angry Knight.[29]

Thanks to her valiant sacrifice, Annabelle found herself in Valhalla, and so Brunnhilde went to that realm. There, she found Clea and called in a favor owed. They went to the halls of Valhalla and found Annabelle, and Brunnhilde had Clea resurrect her, at a cost. To revive Annabelle, Clea had merged the lifeforces of Annabelle and Brunnhilde and as such she was the new host of Valkyrie.[30]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

I like Ms. Marvel, but anything by Magdalene Visaggio is a hard pass. Shame.

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Not crazy about the Reed Richards grey temples. I'm sorry, but that's a silly comic book thing. Never mind that Marvel Hercules is supposed to be immortal and not age. But the costume itself is not horrible, other than the studded shoulder straps.

9. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rattrap Primal

“There, Jane Foster is taking over for a female hero......you could stop complaining “ I’m sure is what Marvel editors are saying.........

So, any takers on how long the recent deaths last? I know some would be like Uncke Ben and Mar-Vell, last the entirety of the characters history, but others would be the usual Marvel of 1 to 5 Years (like Rick Jones, Bruce Banner, Cyclops, Wolverine, Captain America, Nightcrawler, Professor X, Human Torch, Stature, Scott Lang Ant Man, Alpha Flight, Corsair, Nova) to almost 5 to 20+ (Bucky the first time, Jean Grey’s Second, or was against Xorn third, Marrina). Technically, any hero or villain believed dead would be on this list what with Heroes Reborn in the 90’s, Cyclops merging with Apocalypse early 2000’s, the extended X-Men roster in Age of X-Man (the then current main team, plus elements of the Academy, Excalibur, the 90’s to recent).......but those always have big returns built in (Heroes Return, Search for Cyclops, Age of X-Man Omega plus I’m assuming that months Uncanny and maybe Mr and Mrs X would deal with the returning X-Men, it was just too many members to only have a panel in one book and start House of X off with a new roster, or is that what Annuals are for?)

11. Issy543

News Credits:
    She’s got a cool design, but at this rate, she’s better of creating her own identity:
    upload_2019-4-18_16-1-53.jpeg

Well, looking at the list of characters who have died yesterday:
    The MARVEL UNIVERSE Mourns Multiple Heroes This Week - SPOILERS

• Star Lord - I doubt he’s dead, unless the cover on the next issue is a lie. If he is dead, I’d say 1 - 5 years. Similar for Tony Stark and Valkyrie.
    • Joseph - 5 - 20 years because Magneto exists and I doubt many writers will want to use his clone. But, this could also be undo one the X-Men have been reunited. Similar reason for Wolfsbane.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rattrap Primal

I don’t know, with Hickman’s run, will there be a resumption of multiple X Titles? (Uncanny, Legacy Relaunch, New/Next Class, Wolverine &) Or much like his Avengers, on Core Book (Uncanny) with a Team Members who Either respond to different threats/ encounters in a Blue and Gold Style Manner And only use the full roster for big threats (that way one storyline could use say the Original Five, another with say New Mutants vets, another be the old Blue Team, etc)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rattrap Primal

I guess once she was a hero, Jane just can’t stay out of the life for long.....

• Like Like x 3
  14. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Like I said before, in the last few issues she’s been longing for it.

Guess she’ll be getting her wish by the events end.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rattrap Primal

I’m surprised they haven’t announced a new Squadron Supreme Book, since they have a 616 Version now in Avengers as a counterpoint to the Avengers......or would the similarities to the Justice League be too much? (Gruenwald’s Roster was at first the classic League, Supreme Power was a re working to avoid direct comparisons I guess, now the team I think is back to JL Homage, so I’m waiting for them interact with both the Avengers but also the Fantastic Four, The X-Men, Spider-Man, Hulk.....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Issy543

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The headgear immediately made me think of Saint Seiya.

And yeah, she needs her own name. I can't believe they couldn't even come up with a name for her. Just a name!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    All they’ve got is that she’s now a Valkyrie.

Hope she stays a hero this time. This is a really good look for her.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    At least the logo is pretty good. It may be simple, but it sh*ts all over any logo made at DC in the past 8 years.

• Like Like x 1