The All New Marvel Now Thread (Renamed and Rebooted!)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also ms marvel is the star of marvel team up and not spidey.

3. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Goodness, I can hear the complaints already.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yes how dare he draw he like she used to be depicted. How dare he give her any sex appeal. We must respect the PC crowd who will complain about it, but not buy a single issue of the comic to support it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, you hire J Scott Campbell to do a cover you know what you’re going to get.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Issy543

Issy543 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From Uncanny X-Men Annual #1:

Looks like Cyclops admits he was wrong for all of the actions he did after AvX:
    AC4AE670-F3AE-499C-A795-BF65860F33BB.png
    As for how he returned, Cable and Paul (a man Cyclops saved 13 years ago) use the Phoenix Cage to bring him back.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    So the Guardians lineup consists of Star-Lord, Groot, Phyla-Vell, Moondragon, Beta Ray Bill, and Cosmic Ghost Rider.

Eros holds a funeral for Thanos for the reading of his will and testament, which included Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Darkhawk, and others in addition to the last four I mentioned above in attendance. Upon the revelation that Thanos copied his consciousness into someone, Eros suggests that their first course of action should be to hunt down and kill Gamora, which sparks a divided reaction.

The proceedings are then attacked be Knowhere, which has been hijacked by the Black Order, who steal Thanos’ body.

To cover their escape, the Order detonates a Black Hole which only the above four members manage to escape from due to some quick thinking from Bill & CGR and the timely arrival of Quill & Groot. In order to protect them from being taken into custody by the Nova Corp, Quill quickly says their his crew. CGR isn’t too eager about being a Guardian.

The Black Order stole Thanos’ body at the behest of Hela, who intends to resurrect him. All she needs is his head...

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    "Cyclops was wrong about being right, which means he was right all along."

- Actual comments on Reddit​

All of the fuck.

9. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Happy 25th birthday marvels!

• Like Like x 1
  10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I hate the backtracking on Cyclops. Yeah, he was a little wrong in the same way all Marvel characters are a little wrong, which allows them to get in misunderstandings/fights with other Marvel characters. Which is pretty much the backbone of the entire shared Marvel Universe concept. But he was more right than wrong. If anyone's been consistently wrong almost the entire span of his existence, it's Xavier.

11. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

But he was right and every comic book reader knew it, yet Marvel has to walk that fact back in-universe cause of the damage already done.

At least he's back, I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    The best way I've seen it put is that "mutantkind survived because of Scott Summers, but the X-Men survived in spite of him." He abandoned literally only thing he knew and stood in direct opposition to it for years. He abandoned Xavier's dream, and I hope the others don't let him back in so easily.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

In post AvX Marvel, Cyclops seemed more intent on rescuing mutants than his fellow x-men did. He made himself a regular enemy of SHIELD, but in the right way. It wasn't until the whole Terrigen thing that things went wrong for him. He made a few big mistakes before his death, and I think that's why his last words were 'It can't end like this.'

Now, hopefully without Magneto and Emma whispering in his ear, he can find his way. I relate to Cyclops in a way, and I know it's tough to be a part of a team and be introverted, low on charisma, and otherwise just plain bad with people. Being a leader tends to make that worse. He needs an angel sitting on his shoulder, not a pair of demons.

And yes, he does need to earn his spot on the team again. I don't want to see him running missions until he's straightened himself out, mentally and socially.

• Like Like x 1
  14. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    but.....cyclops was right.....

• Like Like x 3
  15. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

Exactly! i love that people are saying he needs to earn his spot back on a team, really?! This team regularly takes in and reforms villains who then turn on them(not always but didn't they just let Frost back in?!) and the founder of the team is the worst offender in shady acts but we can't forgive Cyke? lol sure, okay.

16. Issy543

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Issy543

News Credits:
    Also, when someone is saying that Cyclops was right, what are they referring to exactly? Is it that humans and mutants could never live together or was it something else?

18. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    As far as I know, it's more of how his controversial decisions since AvX were right all along (the biggest being letting the Phoenix possess Hope, who at the time was deemed the mutant messiah). Personally it's only controversial in the same way Civil War was - because of really bad character writing.

Yes earning his spot on the team is absolutely ridiculous given previous members who've done worse (Phoenix/Jean depending on which explanation you prefer as to being responsible for mass genocide being the worst)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Are there still people who haven't yet realized what an ineffectual joke Xavier's dream was? It was one half of a decades-outdated paradigm for looking at race relations. Xavier was as wrong in his own way as Magneto was. The philosophy of "Let's just sit quietly in a corner and not make a nuisance of ourselves, and when the humans see how non-threatening and undemanding we are, maybe the racism will just magically go away on its own" is almost criminally naive. Yeah, I can see why it would have appeal in 1963, to have this beautiful dream goal with no path to get there. But to still be holding onto that in the 1980s, much less the 2000s, is lazy, lazy, lazy writing.

Something else.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    That isn't what the X-Men were doing in practice for at least a decade. But ever since House of M the entire infrastructure of the X-Men has been so compromised that it's hard to make sense of what anyone is doing and why. Cyclops started up his commune in the woods full of kidnapped children (and I know that they went with him semi-willingly because of persecution at home or in their daily lives, but most of it was contrived BendisPlot anyway, but the kids at the Mansion at least got to phone home) because he wanted to start some sort of "Revolution." We were supposed to assume that was some sort of Magneto-esque uprising of mutantkind against their oppressors, but the wind changed in the editorial so many times that it became impossible to tell whether he was an extremist, a man tortured by the expectations of his peers to be more aggressive than he felt comfortable being, or just an idiot (and even if he's one of the first two, he's still an idiot).

All of that could have been really interesting (I personally was quite fond of the idea of Cyclops becoming completely unhinged as he struggled to justify the Scott he was with the Scott Emma and Mags wanted him to be), but all the while we kept getting the same paint by numbers extinction plot lines interrupting the flow for for like 7 years and counting. In the end was he right? Was he wrong? Who knows,* Marvel just killed him and picked a new bad guy based on message board arguments. I think they could have gotten away with making him the villain of the X-Books for a while if they ever stopped doing event comics for long enough to play it out.

*He was wrong.

• Like Like x 2