The All New Marvel Now Thread (Renamed and Rebooted!)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jul 3, 2012.

1. evilomar

evilomar Active Member

I feel exactly the same. Comics have always retconned stories so in a few months I'm sure this story will be swept under the rug. I wish someone would do the same with Bendis' Avengers and make me forget those stories ever took place. Hell, Buziek can come in and do Avengers Forever II.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  3. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    If the rumors BC is circulating regarding CW II are true, geez Marvel.

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

"Aargh! Hulk kill stupid friends who restart stupid Civil War!"

Sounds reasonable to me.

6. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  7. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
  8. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Starting to think Marvel doesn't even an original idea left in it. Retreading the Clone Saga... ugh. And the event doesn't even take place in the book, you have to buy a separate mini-series? Lame.

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not comic related, but my g/f and I got this at Denver Comic Con today:

[​IMG]

10. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Too bad other writers dont have that kinda power. Id be like nope he didnt die...that was a skrull or something lol

12. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Marvel Announces "Mosaic," Starring Diverse, Body-Jumping Antihero | Comic Book Resources

"Mosaic" will follow "...the exploits of a man named Morris Sackett. He starts out as a beautiful and successful professional basketball player, a selfish jerk, and — unbeknownst to him — a latent Inhuman," who, upon discovery of his powers, "...finds he no longer has his handsome body. Instead, he’s become a free-floating entity that needs to occupy other people’s bodies in order to survive."

Thorne said, "The baseline is Morris can take over a person's body and essentially become them. He has access to every memory, every talent, and most important, every nuance of speech and behavior his host might have. There are no barriers when Morris takes a host. He is you. Not even a telepath could detect his presence unless he wanted them to. He cannot be detected or blocked by any conventional surveillance or defensive equipment, not even Stark-level tech. He is the perfect spy. He doesn't exist on the 'astral plane.' Morris physically takes over your body — sort of like a parasite or a virus made of energy. There are some other powers, one in particular, that I'm holding back, and limitations and drawbacks, which he and we will learn."

"People always ask for more diversity and strong characters of color, so that is what we aim to deliver. But that aspect is just the outer layer — the more important thing is creating an interesting person that people will want to know more about month to month. Specifically as it pertains to Mosaic, the subject matter just appeals to my sensibilities. I love science fiction, I love hip-hop and I love sports, and this project has all three of these in huge quantities. I think one of my strong points as an artist is conveying energy. Which comes in handy when you are drawing a character that is literally energy. Also, they're paying me."

Interesting.

13. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I did not expect Slapstick to show up. Wonder what role he'll play here? Also honestly I don't like how he's drawn so far since he's meant to be a living cartoon character and he's not drawn that way here. Hopefully in the actual comic pages he won't look like that.

15. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    God Mosaic sounds so damn good. Best about that info dump is how it doesn't boil down to "buy it cos he's black". They just mention that as an aside and disregard it for what's really important and that is just great.
    He sounds interesting, especially the comparison to Spider-Man, I like that kind of development.

Just wish the first issue wasn't exclusive to some US only book store chain.

16. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    To be fair, it's not really the first issue that's exclusive, just some 10-page teaser (exclusive to Barnes & Noble) that likely won't contain any important info. Marvel won't make anything in it necessary reading, if they are smart. But it is Marvel we're talking about...

If you really wanted it, I'm sure someone here could grab a copy for you. If I remember in August I wouldn't mind grabbing it for you if you want to pay postage.

That's pretty much what he looks like in Deadpool for the past year or so, so there is a good chance that's the look they will go with.

17. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Anybody read the new issue of Gwenpool? If so, how was it? I was not able to grab a copy as my LCS was sold out of them... and even though it's supposed to be in my pull... so I'll be waiting till they get another order of them in to read it.

I love the cover for this one. I'm kind of surprised that such an obvious reference would be used as a main cover rather than a variant.

19. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

:lol 

20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "Civil War II" Variant Features Justin Trudeau/Alpha Flight Team-Up | Comic Book Resources

With the release of "Civil War II: Choosing Sides" #5, another major world player will enter the super-powered fray: Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. The real-life PM will make his Marvel Comics debut in a story written by Chip Zdarsky.

[​IMG]

Zdarsky also explained that Trudeau will play a major role in the story, as the Alpha Flight members seek his advice when deciding where they stand regarding the civil war currently tearing Marvel's superhero community apart. "I didn't want this to just be like a walk-on ... rescued by superheroes and he thanks them and that's the end of the story," said Zdarsky. "I think a lot of these real-life appearances in comics tend to go that way. I liked the idea of him actually engaging them in an ethical debate."

That's pretty cool.