The All New Marvel Now Thread (Renamed and Rebooted!)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Star Saber, Jul 3, 2012.

1. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Well that's just Dandy.

2. AgentOrange

AgentOrange Banned

The only color in the flashbacks is red. How much more heavyhanded do you want them to get?

3. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    What the hell kind of move is that?

4. WWELORD

WWELORD The Best In The World

News Credits:
    It's most likely marvels way of saying, oh you didn't like Captain America being black, well now you are going to suffer the consequences

5. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    This is just a massive fuck-up on Marvel's part. It's sad because they thought this would an amazing plot twist when it's just shitty writing. It's beyond insulting to the creators of Captain America and Marvel's Jewish fans since Cap was basically created to punch Hitler in the face. To make him support such an organization is.... disgusting.

Why does Marvel love this fictional neo-Nazi organization so much? Give Steve other villains that aren't HYDRA. I understand they're an integral part and all but move on already.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  7. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Yea I have not bought a new comic since July/August 2014 because of I got tired of stunts like this. With this basically being the final nail in the coffin for me.
    Captain America is not a Nazi. This is just another slap in the face to the character. Sure there is a possibility that this could be all an illusion of some sorts just waiting to be retcon and will be the case... eventually so in the end this will all be pointless. But lets says that this is for real at the moment. That means Captain America who was created by Jewish people with the intent of mocking Hitler before the United States was even in the war in now being turned into what he was created to fight just to be another stunt to get readers interested when it does the opposite for me and makes not want to spend my money on any Marvel comic.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  8. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Um, firstly, spoilers.
    Secondly, it's clearly going to be explained, it's just a first-issue end hook, nothing more, nothing less. It's worked as well, everyone's talking about it, and it certainly got me to go and buy the issue.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  9. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Just the opposite for me, I was interested, but now I'm not and skipped buying the issue. I'm tired of stunts.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Well that's... dissapointing. Even if it is some sort of illusion, I'm glad I decided to not pick it up. Of all the things you could possibly do with the character that would inevitably piss-off the fan-base... that's crossing a line.
    Anybody?

11. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What the #@(%,
    Steve Rogers as a Hydra Agent
    is most dumbest thing that MARVEL ever come up with, but it so up there with Spidey giving his marriage to Devil.

12. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You're all overreacting , FFS suddenly this is an afront to all Jewish people, simply because part of the creative team that made him was Jewish?
    The character was not made to punch Hitler in the face or protest how Jews were treated by the Nazis. It was a patriotic comic released at a time were the majority of the US was pro Hitler and Nazis. And the big thing about him was always how he was essentially the perfect Aryan, the ideal the Nazis strived for, but opposed them.

This is simply a thing to get people talking and buying. It will either turn out to be someone fucking with his head, be an alt universe version of him, or turn out that he was originally a sleeper agent meant to infiltrate Hydra.

13. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I don't usually read Captain America, and I even only skimmed this...

I think the heavy use of
    red
    , both in the flashback and on the plane, is a big clue to what is going on.

Seeing Zemo
    was a nice surprise, though.

I don't know anything about Jack Flag and Free Spirit, but seeing them fighting along side Cap, really gave me a Bat-fam vibe... until....

14. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    This. I was a little shocked by the revelation myself but I wasn't "OUTRAGED" by what is an obvious hook to get readers talking about Captain America.

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

wow, i can't wait for DC to follow this up with batman always being the one who killed his own parents, with a time machine.

16. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Eh, I stand by what I originally said, it's a fucking stupid idea. Yea, it will be undone in no time at all, but the only point of it was so Marvel could get its name out there so the focus wasn't entirely on DC. This is a twist just to be a twist and sell books, not something organic. (I get the point of all comics is to sell books but this just feels forced, in other words).

This reeks of an 11th hour plan, like "Shit, Rebirth could actually be good and draw a lot of attention, what can we do that is huge that can equally draw attention???"

And it worked. I don't think it's a coincidence at all this huge twist to get people talking happened the same day as Rebirth came out.

This is like that whole "Namor is dead" stunt they pulled just to sell books and then rapidly undo it. No long-lasting consequences for any of this stuff, just a shocking revelation to quickly sell books. It's like "What's the most out of character thing we can do to sell a ton of books quickly?"

17. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    ... Don't give DC any ideas.

18. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  19. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
  20. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    That's the Internet in a nutshell these days.

I mean damn, "fans" are so thin-skinned these days. I don't like the story, I won't pick up the book, it doesn't ruin my enjoyment of the character and I'll just come back to the book in a few months when a different story starts. I certainly don't feel inclined to tell the writer to kill himself.

I guarantee 90% of those tweets are from people who don't read comics to begin with.

But this is exactly what Marvel wanted. They managed to completely turn all eyes away from DC and Rebirth with just one book.