The All Encompassing "Rage At TRU" Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by zeroomegazx, Jul 18, 2013.

1. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

So if you completed your order this morning, this thread would still have been created, right?

Right. :rolleyes2 

2. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oh look at that. Makes sense too for those who couldn't get to SDCC.

And the mass release MP Soundwave will indeed see a mass release.

Now.. who is going to pick up all these toys and put them back into the pram?

3. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    Yes actually =P

I did last year as well after i secured a SDCC bruticus.

4. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

:lol  :bowdown: 

5. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

umad.jpg

6. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I've personally bought far more in the B&M store than off the online...

Well, that would've been, what, 12:00 in California? So they could've gotten it then. Also, had you read, I said maybe that was the reason. I didn't say it was the reason. There could be any number of reasons they do that. Maybe Paul in the online warehouse found a box of them he misplaced? Maybe they're reading the boards and just trying to personally piss you off? Who knows? But it's their product, and they do what they want with it.

The only person crying here is you, Mr. Zero. :) 

7. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Yeah, and I've heard others say they never found him. Sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it? Guess it turns out that no matter where the exclusives go, someone will still have trouble finding him.

8. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    Go read their facebook page. There are TONS of people calling them out for listing it early... there are lots of people crying in the other thread and you know that.

TRU never states why they list items specifically like this in stock throughout the day but its been rumored that they can't keep count of their inventory which is disgraceful. Even their customer service is clueless. There would be a lot less complaining if they didnt state when the item was going up for sale. Then we couldnt bitch about it not being there when they said.

9. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So you knew of their incompetence before today yet still wanted to believe in a 9am release...

I'm not dogging you personally, but this is the thing I find hardest to swallow from the people complaining about the release time this morning. We all knew how they handled the ebay fiasco. We all knew how they handled MP10 last year. There was no reason to believe anything they had said, yet people did.

I chalked it up as a loss at 11pm central last night when they didn't update at midnight est. Went to bed at my normal time, got up for work at 4:30 am when my buzzer went off, and randomly, got extremely lucky.

But I never for a second thought they'd hit at 9am. I knew it would be a random window and was already chalking up the loss due to it. I had no reason to believe TRU after the ebay stunt they pulled (and I wasn't even involved with that).

10. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    In reality no i had extremely little faith they would hit the 9am mark, but there is always that glimmer of hope after this being a catastrophe year after year and then seeing an actual time. I expected them to either go up early or the site to go down at 9am when they went live.

Speaking of the Ebay stunt, Mr JRU would you please mind explaining that wonderful logic to us? Please im all ears to hear how that cluster$*^% is the consumers fault as well.

11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Too late, I don't see the cancel button on my MP Soundwave order confirmation page. Just says "item(s) located in stock".

12. deltagod

deltagod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same, I even called to cancel and they said it was too late. I'll just send it back once it gets here.

13. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hahahaha.

:bowdown: 

14. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG].....[​IMG]

15. Shogen

Shogen Wreck and Rule

Everyone knew and posted it was most likely gonna be up at 3am but people have up and went to sleep. If you didnt get it it's your own fault. It was a short limited run so why are people complaining there will be more for the "official" release.

16. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

This. You know, I feel bad for everyone who is disappointed today. I do. I wish they had more stock. When we saw they only had 1,000, I knew a lot of people would be disappointed.

But I also knew the 9:00 AM EST was never going to happen. People had been doubting that information for weeks, and repeatedly warned everyone with posts. A couple TRU employees gave that time, yes, but why in the world would we believe them? How would they know that? Do we honestly think their computers list what time a figure will go on sale online?

No, they were making assumptions based on start-of-business time on the east coast. Based on our skepticism, a lot of people stayed up all night or, like me, half the night and then got up every hour or so until it appeared. The idea that some random CSR at TRU could predict the time it would go live is almost silly, and certainly based on past experiences no one should have been taken in by this idea.

That said, I agree that patience is the best course right now. These figures will be available again. Pay attention to TFW and you'll get one, because people will be vigilant. You'll have another chance.

17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Not true at all. If it helps them pick up sales that were lost after the cut-off point, they make more money overall. If it helps them pick up enough sales that they hit the next volume discount tier, they make more money per unit too.

18. zeroomegazx

News Credits:
    Preordering would also give them time to accurately count how many they have to sell per shipment and let them all go at once instead of babysitting the site which is what they do every year. Let people know when the preorders go up and sell the stock. It would also give them a much better idea as to the demand for the items.

The system also does not have any real cost associated to it, the only cost is if the company cant deal with the logic of preordering. TRU has had preorders before so they have the system implemented.

19. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I wish I could help but I already don't buy anything there now. Toys R Us out here is basically K-Mart tier anymore. Why waste the effort driving there when you know they don't have anything?

20. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lolol