The AFA Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jonnyshaft, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Rockmoreno

Rockmoreno Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ha! I'm sure he'll be glad to hear that! Maybe on New Years Eve after a few drinks he may just...

2. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

Good advertising. They probably know its not going to sell. besides the only people who would buy that are the ones who just want to resell for profit....

3. wakeupgrab

wakeupgrab Active Member

I am gonna have to agree with Cromagnus. The problem with the transformer toy market right now is that the only buyers left are the ones who seek to flip for profit later... Also, many of the g1s in the mega sale juding from looking at the boxes are not 85 quality... I don't think afa 80s are very hot these days... i mean pure respect for someone amass that much collection, but bet tough to sell the majority of them...

4. StephX77

StephX77 Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to agree that this huge lot is not really for sale as a lot. People who sell transformers for a living generally don't buy the toys to sell them as a lot. Selling this as a lot will garner maybe 30% of it's value. Not many people are interested in dropping this kind of cash on toys, especially not all at once.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I wouldn't mind dropping a couple Ks for a lot if I become rich and famous like Michael Bay

6. jonnyshaft

jonnyshaft Well-Known Member

j.k

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  7. Chefdova

Chefdova Nerd alert

Ebay:
    So I just finished reading this thread from beginning to end. Without being long winded beautiful pics/stories and info everyone! I've been trying to resist the urge to start collecting afa(I've only been selling until now) but recently had an epiphany about my collecting direction. My youngest kid is losing interest in them now and I don't (play) with them anymore. I'm running out of room in my collection which is all mib and is a little larger than it needs to be. I've already begun to sell off some expensive Japanese g1 mib items so that I can focus on the toys I remember and love best. I will still be buying selling and trading sealed g1s but I will actually be keeping some now. I've sent off my first few to AFA some ill keep some i will sell but I am excited to start down this new road. So apologies in advance for bugging you guys for more advice in the future.

8. iamratchet

iamratchet Medic

Ebay:
    Thank you for apologizing. Now get on with collecting! These toys don't need a sob story you know. They need to be in your home looking pretty.
    BTW the same thing happened to me. Good luck and I will sell you AFA's just like I did with the MIB stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chefdova

Chefdova Nerd alert

Ebay:
    Thanks Morgan. Baby steps for me.

10. Da_Last_2_Walk

Da_Last_2_Walk Da King Of Pre Rubs TFW2005 Supporter

Yo!

It's a new year and I hope everybody has a good one! I took a small break from collecting but I'm going to try like hell to finish my collection this year!

I also wanted to tell everybody about the AFA Collectors Group! I'm hoping to get it back to being active the way it was! If interested, let me know and I'll send you an invite.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/groups/afa-collectors-group.html

Oh, and here is my new "Hall Of Soundwaves"!
    AFA 85 MISB pre rub Sounwave
    AFA 80 MISB pre rub Soundwave x 3
    [​IMG]

11. Prime Kiwi

Prime Kiwi User

I found several mosc combiner parts last year, 11 figs I think it was, they came out of an old video store in bankstown. I posted a photo on the local board but it wasn't worthy posting here. A couple were sold but the rest are waiting for me to put some nails up to hang them on. 2013 I found a sealed magnus and in 2012 a pre rub ratchet that also is now sold but it still lives in Australia. Just avoid gumtree, almost as many loonies as craigslist on there!

12. mazdaspeed7

mazdaspeed7 Autobot Engineer

Ebay:
    Yeh I've found a bit of MIB stuff but nothing exciting. Some good sealed bubbles like Thundercracker, Skywarp, Hoist, Skids & a few others. No carded one's like you have yet. There would be something very worth while as in mint 85/90 condition here in Oz somewhere it's just a matter of finding it. Easier said than done. I wont put much time or any effort into 75 & 80 quality pieces it's just not worth it because they are hard to move & the market rates don't cover the cost of getting it into a case graded. I'm nearly done with my collection anyway so if I found another 85 Starscream or Trailbreaker I'd move them on not keep them.

13. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dem soundwaves!

14. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
  15. wakeupgrab

wakeupgrab Active Member

seriously though. without showing the front side and back. It is pretty hard to tell if they are 85s... I mean we have seen clearly documented 1984 g1s hard to move as fuck on ebay these days, not to mention these side boxes... I mean there is an afa 85 misb bluestreak on ebay staying like forever! I hope someone here in the forum could give a rationale on what we are seeing nowadays in the transformer vintage toy market...

alex.

16. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Wow. 4 MP Soundwaves. I bet they must be worth a fortune

17. CG76

CG76 Headmaster

Good to see you back. I heard a rumor that you had sold off your collection.

18. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Id take one of those 80s from ya

19. jonnyshaft

jhbkjljmkl,

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  20. jonnyshaft