The 3rd party figure you regret EVER buying

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by brewtality, Mar 13, 2015.

1. dort1

dort1 Well-Known Member

Yea, me too. The freaking head barely stays on. I was just coming here to mention this one.

Other ones:
    the perfect effect shadow warriors.

it's hard (for me) to get a figure i regret with all the detailed youtube reviews out there. You'd have to be surprised by something pretty serious to regret it, and the youtube videos kind of prevent that.

2. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Genesis.

Terrible transformation, Arms can't support hands anymore.

3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Mega Steel Tronus. Construction suboptimal. I've already got bent plastics.

4. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

Faith Leader was such a POS.

Started falling apart right out of the box. I handled an MP-10 at a convention and sold Faith Leader ASAP.

5. rpetras

rpetras Well-Known Member

Mania King.

I got the first version right before the second version with screen accurate colors was announced.

6. rpetras

rpetras Well-Known Member

That's odd, my Faith Leader is rock solid, and is still my "classics" Prime.

I also see a lot of hate for Valkyrie in this thread, and other than the stability caused by the pin-sized feet, I really like her. I did a quick compare with her vs the Hasbro one and I still prefer her bot mode. Though I like Hasbro's car mode better, which isn't much of a surprise since it is largely a shell-former.

7. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

Perfect Effect Aranea.

This figure taught me to never buy a 3P figure from anything besides a major retailer with good customer service.

8. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

haterade parade thread? haha never had one i hated or was a huge let down from the start. i'be bought from most of the major 3P as well. FP, TFC, MMC, FT, MT, igear, PE, toyworld, xtb, kfc etc.

kronos was closest but even he looks great standing in the back. can't say that about official product unfortunately but perhaps i scutinize 3P more before purchase so i make less mistakes.

sure there have been purchases that don't quite make sense or fit a collection or something better comes later but....i dont' think that fits the desciption on this thread.

9. johnnysamson

johnnysamson Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    impossible toys valkiyre/arcee...it should have been at family dollar or dollar general and not 69.99. they used a paint brush to do the paint!!!

10. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    There's some truth to this, and over the last year or so, whenever I regretted buying something, the thing gets sold within a month. Except if the quality is subpar, then I'd rather swallow the loss rather than offload it to some guy under false pretenses.

However, what you've failed to consider is that people's priorities/hobbies can and do change. For example: I used to have the PS3, XBox 360, etc. Nowadays I don't play games and I sometimes wonder why I spent so much cash on those. Did I enjoy it then, maybe, can't quite remember now.

11. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I can't say I *regret* any as in "wish I hadn't bought that".

Some have partial regrets, like Apollyon (who is more of a poseable statue than a transformer), but I'm still glad to have him.

Part of it is that I'm happy to have multiple iterations of a character within the same line. So for the "replaceables" like FP Ultra Magnus, FP Springer, etc - they live happily on the shelves with Gen Springer and CW UM. FP Stunticons with CW Menasor, etc.

12. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What i dont get is the people who regret 100% of the 3rd party toys they bought...Seriously,unless you only bought just one,then its your fault.How can you regret buying all of them?You didnt do any research before getting them?Are you a compulsive buyer?Plz give us an explanation coz im really curious about it

13. dort1

dort1 Well-Known Member

damn. i was eyeing the new blue one. i guess i'll pass.

14. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Devil/Evila Star had some major QC problems with floppy wings. After that, I got Chigurgh; not a bit disappointed in him, he actually holds together.

15. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    I almost want them, but they seem to have a lot of design cues in common with IDW Stunticons, especially MM's trailer. FP doesn't do many combiners, either

16. Weezie

Weezie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't regret anything I've bought...so far. Not even Ollie.

17. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

Can't believe everything you read.

18. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Used to be Igear PP-01 black, my first third party, real loose and cant really transform, and very fragile. Tightened the joints with tape / future, and added some extra paint, now I don't hate it anymore ;) 

I had bought FP Volar exclusive, because of the bling and I was at the show, and as he expected, he isn't the best, especially in alt mode, but I don't hate it, and bot mode kinda looks very cool actually, so I am happy in the end. I may still sell him one day, who knows...

My KFC Shockwave's ball joint for the shoulder cannon disintegrated, and I was not happy about that, but he looks fantastic in bot mode and my current only shockwave, and I wouldn't really sell it at this point.

Igear Blue Delicate warrior. This one I was disappointed, especially compared to MMC and Hasbro, but, I find her a nice pose I like, and added paint on the eyes and a few other spots, and I kinda dig her and gonna keep her with my other femmes.

Honestly, I sold most of my official Takara MPs, except for MP-03 and MP-08, as my collection goal changed, and the thing I am most disappointed with and trying to sell are the Hasbro standard generations toys all except the following few I love and can display with my 3rd party: ALL the gen femmes (Hasbro / Takara), Prime Optimus Prime Transparent version, Prime's 1st ed Starscream, and Evasion Prime (because of the DX-9 armour). I think Springer and Whirl are the top of what Hasbro has brought in for Gen Voyager figs, but they don't fit my collection no more.

19. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Perfect Effect Leonidas.

It looks fantastic but too many QC issues to risk actually playing with the figure as much as I'd like. Posed it once (after several tries to get it how I wanted due to a loose elbow joint), thankful nothing significant broken on mine while doing that despite overly-tight joints and a delicate tail. Carefully placed it on the shelf, won't be moving it again.

I was really looking forward to manipulating it from time to time and having fun posing it in all the many awesome poses it can do, but way too many owners have broken it doing that, due to a combination of fragile pieces and bad mold fills on some that left internal bubbles in the black plastic that is used for the ball joints at the core of its major parts, making them prone to unexpectedly snapping when being manipulated.

20. RonG

RonG Prime among Primes

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    did you have any issues with the figure personally, or did you just go by remarks from "too many owners"?