The 3rd party figure you regret EVER buying

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by brewtality, Mar 13, 2015.

1. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    This was me 6 months back. I sold off all 3p combiners that I had obtained the last 2 years exactly for the same reasons. After a while, it becomes a chore to combine these things. Time though as they said heals all wounds, so I may jump into MT's Defensor :) 

2. Gauntlet101010

Gauntlet101010 Well-Known Member

I suppose I just don't get the mentality of regretting ever buying something after getting something better if you liked it for years. There'll always be something better.

3. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Agree a thousand percent about the MT/FP stuff. Not sure why everyone is so hard up on this small ass scale (seriously - smaller than most chug figures!) but about Warbotron .. Seriously? I am very outspoken about them, and STILL have criticisms about the product ... But is is by far the best combiner ever created, in my opinion. It's actually PLAYABLE. You can take him off your shelf and fak around with him.

And this praise I keep seeing for Feral Rex ... What's awesome about him? Is it awesome when you pick up him, his diaper flops off and his legs start dangling and flopping back and fourth? I had Warbotron on a table (not in a detolf) for a week before I got another detolf. I had company and my daughter bang into the table, the table was shaken, I even did the "jump up and down" test ... Solid as hell.

---- that said ----

I totally regret buying M3 like you. Sold him off long ago.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Re: Warbotron, I actually really like the first three figures. Particularly Swindle and Brawl. Quality-wise I think they're fine. I just don't like the visual look of Vortex and (especially) Onslaught. Not because they're not G1 enough or something, I just don't find them visually appealing. That's all. Same with the combined mode... I can't put my finger on it, but something is unattractive about it to me. It's a purely subjective aesthetic opinion. And it's not that I hate them... I just don't like them quite enough to want to spend money on the final two figures.

Feral Rex I mostly like for the individual bots. I love the solidity and character each one of them have, particularly Bovis/Fortis and... uh... whatever their Rampage was named.

5. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    KFC Mugen Scope. Just trash.

6. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

warbotron

Still waiting for fierce attack, have been paid up on whole set for well over a year.

dont regret it because of the figures, just the politics of the companies and being stuck in between.

I brought a set thats not able to be completed, its my one and only regret thus far. By the time I get it, it will have lost all its appeal to me.

7. Hotcakesbot

Hotcakesbot Pancake-former

Unique Toys Soundmixer. It's not a bad figure, but it's very small and kind of plain-looking. I just wanted another 3rd party Blaster, but I should have waited for Mega Steel's Buster and bought that instead.

8. Buford

Buford Master Spark

The first 3rd party thing I bought, the JustIToys MP-05 Megatron upgrade kit. It's not bad, but I have no use for it. MP-05 is absolute hell to transform, so he stays in bot mode pretty much permanently.

Almost the same can be said for their MP-01 trailer. I got it entirely to use as a trailer for altmode so I don't care that it is not transformable, but MP-01 looks so meh as a truck compared to MP-10 that it stays in bot mode as well. I find it kind of funny that this was so far back in the 3rd party days and before companies started trying to be all like "no this isn't a Transformer, really *wink* *wink*" that it actually had an Autobot symbol molded and painted on it.

9. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Starting to regret picking up FansProject's A3 kit. It's not so much the kit's fault as it is Superion Maximus', and CW Superion just kicks its ass without needing those add-on parts from Perfect Effect.

10. Megajon

Megajon Well-Known Member

Feeling ya' on that. Although I warmed to him a lot more once I got the foot fixes in place so I could actually pick him up without his foot dropping off. Still don't feel like tackling that transformation ever again though.

11. fendetto

fendetto Well-Known Member

igear pp01 evil leader... nice robot and alt mode.. but feel cheapo plastic ..like those super cheap ko .. lucky sell it within a week .. so now ill wait for the review of each 3rd party..once ok than ill buy.. regret about evil leader..

toyworld bii - super loose leg .. but love the car mode so g1 n cute ahahaha

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Microblaze's Military Titans FoC Bruticus set has officially crossed into the area of regret for me. His hips finally went caput after me strengthening them and he just can't stand straight without a huge forward lean.

I've been nothing but disappointed and frustrated with this guy the moment I pulled him out of the box but now he's just made of pure regret.

In defense of the FP/MT scale...I like 'em. Maybe I'm a freak of nature but I've got the transformation for all of Intimidator down pat. I've got the limbs down in a minute or two tops, and I can probably do Diesel in 5.

I actually like complex transformations, that's why I keep 'em. I also like the smaller scale because I really don't like my combiners towering over everyone else. I also don't like my combiners as big as Feral Rex, which is a huge stickler for me.

In defense of Feral Rex...well I don't have a lot of problems with him. Nothing's ever fallen off on mine and I haven't read a lot about that too. If you've got him all plugged in he's pretty solid, especially with some friction pads on the feet.

13. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

A KFC cassette and honestly Maketoys Computron. The bow is cool and it does look cool, but it is very fiddly. Now wish I could put that money towards WB Computron.

14. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Apollyon. Gross. Beautiful robot mode but a nightmare to transform

15. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    If you don't like a product, it's better to just sell it off quick. It took me a while to realize that, but afterwards it makes life better.

16. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

Not sure if it counts but the collectors club barricade.

Then my son lost one of the door windows.

Oops. More upset I bought it then he lost a part. Damn thing transforms into a pile of parts basicly.

17. Bnz Toy

Bnz Toy 3P Combiner

I think the reason I don't regret apollyon is because I haven't tried to transform him. As-is, he's spectacular.

18. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm starting to reget Hercules. I can't believe I'm saying that. But it's the truth. It's still one of the best 3rd party combiners, but the moor you look at it the more it's flaws are glaring - namely the weirdly small thighs, oversized head and gorilla proportions (which can be changed with some fiddling. Oh yeah and it was $550.

I think, frankly, the proportions of the Hasbro Combiner Wars Devastator have stated to grow on me,especially the legs. Granted it owes an absolutely crazy amount of it's design to Hercules.

I guess, one thing also, is that Hercules looks great in Scale with deluxes, but with Megatron and Ultra Magnus (and I'm sure a prime down the line), it's a bit small for leader scale. CW Devastator however, is nearly in scale with Masterpieces for crying out loud.

I think I guess, Hercules is the perfect Constructicon set for going toe to toe against other CW Combiners. If only it had CW Devastator-style legs.

I don't hate it and won't get rid of it. But I don't think I'd spend $550 on it again ($600 with rage).

19. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah.

iGear UFO and iGear Hench.

Particularly the latter. It's Brawn, until you start looking carefully, and realize it's not Brawn at all. Oh and then they go and release a much better color version of him.

And on that note we can add Mania King. Incredible transformer (fragile boots) with one of the best transformations of any transformer ever. But the first run of it with "inspired" colors as opposed to the second run with "Classic" colors never should have happened. It's stupid having a Galvatron with a white and gold cannon, when a few months later, the same mold comes out with proper colors. Terrible bait and switch.

20. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Sounds like you need the echo upgrades, Rage of Hercules and some reprolabels. You'll fall in love all over again :)