Fan Art: The 3D Anaglyph picture thread!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by tikgnat, Jan 26, 2013.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hello everyone, I recently did a tutorial thread on making 3D Anaglyph pictures (which is here!) and I was thinking I would like to see what everyone else has done!

So crack out your 3D glasses, timewarp back to the 70's and use this thread to show off your 3D Anaglyph pictures (the red/cyan pics) and wow everyone! Shove pictures of anything in here, of your TFs, other toys, real world photos or photoshopped pics! As long as it's within the Board rules, it's welcome here!

I'll start off with some pics I have floating around my PC, a couple of them I redid in colour. Enjoy!

Cybertron Defence Hotshot, this was a quick and nasty picture that turned out really well. One of the things I like doing these for is I appreciate little bits of detail in the picture that I wouldn't in real life. Wierd.

[​IMG]

Nice close up of the Star Wars Unleashed Princess Leia. Looks nothing like her but it's still nice.

[​IMG]

This ws a photoshop of the Cybertron toy on the road I used to live on, came out pretty well I thought at the time, but my more critical eye sees that he's the wrong scale and kinda floating a bit.

[​IMG]

Thats MP01 Convoy opening the Matrix in Armada Unicrons face. This took me a long time, but shorter than I thought, basically the colour version is all over the place because I always intended it to be B&W. Still pleased with how this one turned out even though it was years ago.

[​IMG]

Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow kicking the snot out of C3PO in the Millenium Falcon. As you do...

[​IMG]

Bishoujo Black Widow, the first MArvel Bishoujo and I was hooked.

[​IMG]

Bishoujo Black Cat, probably one of their best, even if she marked the point where Kotobukiya changed the scale of these figures. I redid this picture in colour for this thread... oooh, directors cut.

[​IMG]

Bishoujo Rogue. You might have guessed, I have a thing for these figures. Redid this one in colour too, pretty easy when I have all the raw photos still.

[​IMG]

Bishoujo Psylocke. She used to be my favourite X-man back in the day but then they ruined her character with Revanche, the whole Archangel ninja miniseries thing and urgh.

[​IMG]

Another redone pic, Bishoujo Ghostbuster Lucy. This one isn't mine, I bought her for a friend and took some photos before I passed her on, she's a lovely figure and I was soooo tempted to grab one for myself, but I said to myself to only stick to Marvel/DC characters because otherwise it's a long slippery slope...

[​IMG]

The Bandai pre-painted self illuminated kit, I remember taking loads of pictures trying to get the lighting right, and it was a nightmare. Worth it though.

[​IMG]

Fansproject Protector on Classics Rodimus, I especially like how the raised relief chest of his comes out in this picture.

[​IMG]

Digging through my archives for old pics is fun. I have a few more really good ones I can't currently find...

Anyway if this thread is in the wrong place, please move it, but I think it's the best place.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  2. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

high hopes for this thread!

3. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I hope so too, but its in Creative GD which has a lot less footfall then other parts of TFW, so it'll probably be a slow burner. But even if its just a couple of us cranking out 3D pictures I'll be happy, I'm not fussed.

Some more! (Bear in mind that I have loads because I have a lot of archived 3D pics that I've done over the years.)

Redone this one in colour too, I was showing off how well the Halo Megablok weapons worked with DOTM Cyberverse. In fact I bought a few of those Megabloks weapon packs simply to tool up my Cyberverse guys...

[​IMG]

The most recent 3D pic I've done, with that awesome awesome JAda Toys Halo 4 Warthog, who works with MacFarlane Halo Reach figures! I was giddy as a schoolgirl messing around with this thing. Pure love.

[​IMG]

Hot Toys Iron Man 2 Black Widow, with an amazing Scarlett Johnanensesesn likeness. Mmm. Bought her a sniper rifle, but when I researched which one to get her I eventually went with the worlds longest range sniper rifle, the CheyTac Long Range Rifle system. I originally wanted to get her a Russian sniper rifle, but they all looked a bit poop.

[​IMG]

Ha, I'd forgotten all about this picture, found it accidentally. The Hot Wheels 1:18 Batman Begins Tumbler, such a sexy beast. This picture is photoshopped to add lights, and if you look really carefully the lens flare is 3D too.

[​IMG]

My sister in laws wedding car. I remember just shooting a bunch of pictures on the day and then Anaglyphing them with what I had, this one came out particularly well I feel, even if it's years and years old!

[​IMG]

Quick tip scubaboy31, next time with Sideswipe, because he has so much red it might be worth seeing how pics of him look in B&W, not colour, as his red plays havoc with trying to do colour anaglyphs!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    VERY cool thread here, bud. Always feel free to cross post with links in the Cool Stuff in Toy Discussion to here. Forums and threads are frequented more when people know where to go and develop habits to go there :) 

5. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hmm, my first attempt at a simple animated anaglyph... trickier than I thought it would be. 3 separate scenes don't optimise the same way so there's this weird shimmering, where it should be shock solid with only lighting changes... Hmmmmm.

Still it's a first experiment... I think I might have another pop at something more ambitious next time!

[​IMG]

And some oldies, originally done for my 3DS as MPOs, so the resolution is kinda low on a couple of these...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  6. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome, there are so many new ones I haven't seen. I'll comeback once I find 3D paper glasses my kid has.

7. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I have quite a few pics I've not put up as anaglyphs before, I did a load of pics for my 3DS (as MPOs).

My fear is most people will simply pass on by because they don't have a pair of 3D glasses to hand, I assumed every household in the world would have a pair lurking around somewhere, but obviously that's not the case. 3D glasses come on magazines and kid books all the time these days, 3D for children seems to be back in fashion but the anaglyph pictures in print are woefully bad compared to the stuff I crank out.

Not bigging myself up or anything, but most kids stuff is usually 2D images badly photoshopped into 3D as opposed to actual 3D imagery. A friends kid showed me her 3D book and was telling me how the 3D really 'stood out', but in reality it only really had a tiny depth perception difference. Later on I stuck that wedding car picture onto a USB stick and showed it to her on their computer and she was blown away, you know where people start trying to feel the object in front of them? That's what she did, waving her hands around.

Years ago (80's? 90's?)I remember picking up a Dinosaur Magazine that came with skeleton parts for a glow in the dark T-rex skeleton and the magazine itself featured 3D anaglyph photos of Dinosaur models, proper 3D and everything.

Sadly I think the magazine only lasted 3 issues or so as I never managed to find any after that. If I can dig out those magazines I'll scan those images, because some of them were fantastic.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  8. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Keep it up, i'm loving this thread! I'll try to contribute a bit more where i can.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Same here. I'll try and post some myself later tonight (after I dig them up).

10. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The more the merrier.

Trying out a quick and nasty experiment with my Nicktoon TMNTs.

[​IMG]

If I really wanted to get it right I would have to spend a lot more time but I think the general effect is there. Hmmm. Not a bad start I think.

And onto something better, Revoltech Revy with the Jada Toys Warthog.

[​IMG]

I wanted this image to be my sig, but its not good enough. I'm gonna reshoot it with better composition (ie, the whole gun in a 16:9 frame). Really liked how this pic turned out though.

11. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I'll play too....this is the only one on flickr i have.My computer crashed a couple of years ago and all of my 3D pics went with it.I might have a couple in photobucket.I lost the program i use to and don't remember what it was.

[​IMG]
    Insecticons by Fatal-Vice, on Flickr

It appears i don't remember my password of PB,so thats the only one i have.

12. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    Just wanna chime in and say I'm really enjoying the 3D pics in this thread.

Keep it up , guys!

13. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Quick and nasty pic of MP13 who arrived today!

[​IMG]

Sweet monkey jesus he's fantastic. Sorry about the size, I totally ballsed up the depth, so any bigger and it'll explode your head... I'll try and do a better pic with better lighting and less depth.

14. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Aw yeah. Decent daytime light plus time to set up a shot equals a much better picture.

[​IMG]

Yeah. That's kind of special.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought my younger son one of Ice Age movies on DVD and it was some sort of special edition which included a 3D version of the movie. The whole movie is done in trioscopic? and after 5 minutes I couldn't watch any more, BUT the DVD came with a bunch of paper 3D glasses and that's what I am looking for....kid also has a Star Wars 3D book (one of those 'bad" ones you are speaking of I guess) which came with a pair. Which I can't find, either :mad 

16. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I found loads dotted around the house, mostly red/blue or green filters. The best pair I have is red/cyan pair randomly marked as a 3D Nightmare on Elm street pair. I got 2 pairs with Journey to the Centre of the Earth and Beowulf BDs, some with these old TF Armada magazines and other 3D books/comics.

Hrm, its my day off but I don't have time to shoot my new sig. Boo!

17. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Spotted this on youtube, does youtube embed here?

YouTube

Neat.

Edit
    I'll take that as a no. Follow the link!

18. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Here's 3 more:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Who here has the desire to take screen grabs from the G1 cartoon or movie and post convert it to 3D?

20. Constructor

Constructor Behold my true form!

That's an awesome idea.
    Like, you should get a badge or something.