The 08 NASCAR thead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zero Prime, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

So all you racing fans, who are you going for. I'm still pulling for Dale Jr despite the team change. After watching tonight's race, that change may have been a real good thing for him. Win!

2. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    Tony Stewart has been my boy for a long time and i'm sticking with him even though he driving a Toyota this year

Go Stewart!

3. wljk

wljk Well-Known Member

Mine is also Jr.
    I hope he makes the statistic of winners of the shootout winning the 500 from 5 to 6 winners.
    Now that he doesn't have to deal with the problems he had last season, I think he will finally show his true potential this season.
    I am still not used to NOT following the Bud car. But I can deal with the National Guard and Mountain Dew Amped cars.

But, I like to follow Stewart, Johnson, Martin, and Truex Jr. and Jarrett as well.

4. Intimidator

Intimidator Well-Known Member

Well if my screen name wasn't obvious enough I am a third generation member of the Earnhardt Nation, I enjoy watching Jr as much if not more so than I did watching Sr while growing up, and as far as last night goes...Great race and good signs for Jr. But I have to admit it was rather weird seeing the 8, the Budwieser, and Jr all in diffrent spots at the same time :lol 

Intimidator

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Same here. And I forgot Toyota was racing this year. Bleh.

6. Intimidator

Intimidator Well-Known Member

Stewart is also one of the guys I root for along with Truex, Boyer, Harvick, and a sentimental favorite Kyle Petty, have to admit thou mixed feelings would be an understatement as it relates to Tony in a Toyota I still pull for him but Toyota and Nascar goes together like boyshorts on a grandma....Just ain't right.

Intimidator

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

#88 all the way baby. I am not a avid follower of NASCAR but I've been pulling for Dale Jr. cuz I was a big fan of Dale Sr. before. I am glad he's rid of his stupid step mom and start anew. I hope one day after winning several Cups he can reclaim the company that his father founded.

8. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Well hello NASCAR '08 !
    I've been a big fan since '97, I have found over the last couple of years that I enjoy NASCAR more if I don't have a "favorite" anymore.
    I think it was Darlington '03 when Craven beat Busch by .002 sec. that did it for me.
    I LOVED that race and it's still one of my favorites of all time.(and the '98 All Star race...'98+'07 Daytona 500's...Atlanta '01...Daytona[July] '01...:rock )
    I have been a big Mark Martin fan mostly....anyone but Jeff Gordon...:lol 
    But now I watch to see a good race - that's it, I don't root for anyone but the underdog.
    I also watch the Nation Wide(Busch) series and Truck series.

9. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i am big fan of 88 driver [dale elhart jr] , 48 driver [jimmie johnson], 5 driver [caesy mears], 24 driver [jeff gordon, and ownder [rick henrick]

10. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Man this thread has pulled me out of the woodwork. Ive always gone for Jr. and his change to Hendrick Motorsports is awesome. After winning last nights race was a huge and awesome deal for him. I pull for #88 and #24! Waltrip is also badass!

11. TTT

News Credits:
    Here's a small part of my collection......about 1/6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Kasey Kahne is my driver we will take the Budweiser Sponser which rocks! Hopefully we will have a better race team this year last year was horrible the Dodges are so far behind that even showed in qualifying today. Also how about Michael waltrip! Holy crap that is a huge collection

13. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Wow!!

14. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I'm one of the older hardcore fans nascar is trying to get back. I really don't forsee it happening though. I'de been watching since the early 80s as a kid and last year it just starting getting boring. I'm looking more forward to the 12 Hours at Sebring than the Daytona 500. This was the first year in a long time that I didn't even bother to turn on the Bud Shootout. I don't know if I'll even watch the 500 either.

15. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Tony Stewart.

16. TTT

News Credits:
    What's up with his hair ? ... :p 

17. TTT

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

18. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just like catching the wrecks on Sportscenter. My favorite driver is the one creating the most havoc. Otherwise, it's still people driving in circles.

I suppose for me, cheering a driver is difficult- I'd rather cheer for a whole team of athletes, representing something more than themselves- 'Ohio State Buckeyes' is a lot easier to cheer for than 'The Todd Boeckman Football Team.'

-Tony!

19. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Primus, there's NASCAR fans here?!

Add me, too...been watching and going to races since I was 6. My folks are huge Earnhardt fans and I followed suit, always rooting for Sr.

I cried for over a week after the '01 Daytona 500...it was just heartbreaking for me, like losing one of my own family.

I root for Jr now and hopes he wins today. I think moving to Hendrick will be a huge success for him and he will definitely be in contention for the championship.

BTW...TTT, that's a VERY impressive diecast collection you have there. I have a nice little collection of Earnhardt stuff, but nowhere the # of cars that you have.

20. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't follow it much, but my uncle is a fan. He name is REL V, so no shocker there.

I get a kick out of Reed Sorenson doing well, on account of him being from my sorta-hometown, and Casey Kahne just 'cause I feel like he's Bill Eliot's successor.

And I'm gonna try and make it to Talladega this year, just for the party.