Minor/Repaint: "That's what you turned me into: a robot MONSTER!"

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Superquad7, Jul 31, 2010.

1. deceptihunter

deceptihunter sssssmmmmokin!

This really shines! You did a great job on this figure! I am really glad to see you on the radicons again! Again, GREAT job!

2. Giga Leo

Giga Leo I know and you know...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A transformable Autobot X? Neat! I can almost hear the TF theme song playing backwards during his transformation :wink:  Great job, in robot mode it really doesn't look like he should be able to transform, this was very nicely executed.

3. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    very cool concept!
    even cooler execution!!!
    that actually works really well!!!:thumbs2: 

4. MegatronPrime

MegatronPrime Combiner

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks pretty good, I completely forgot about that character.

6. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
    Awesome work buddy

Speaking of traded parts and stuff for work, what ever happened to my mustang? :lol 

7. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

And we are,again, reminded why you have SUPER in your username. Make one for everybody, please. Or at least me.

8. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

DUDE WOW sq7 you are amazing this is so flipping awesome I cant even begin WOW WOW WOW dang I dont know what else to say but WOW Great Job no how about amazingly awesomely bestest job

9. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    SWEET

Looks so...junky! That's an odd compliment for someone's art...but here it fits! Really great work.

10. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Trust me guys, this one looks 90x better in person. The detail that he put into the windshield and headlights was the most impressive as well as the head. It was like he found his inner TransTorture with this one, I just had never seen an Alternator that beat up and torn up, but still transformable. Plus the hand and shoulder pieces...it may be a mash up, but it is possibly one of the best I've seen. And that it transforms as well, thats just icing.

Shinobi, your desk and keyboard looks like mine, completely cluttered, and full of win.

11. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    awesome work superquad, looks awesome, and pretty close to the cartoon. sparkplug's creation come to life

12. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    Thats great. Autobot "Spike" is fun.

13. 26_Mirage

26_Mirage Heroic Stunticon

Cool!!! I've always wanted to do an Autobot X but could never quite figure out how to get it to work in both bot & alt modes. You really pulled it off. Great job!!!:thumbs2: 

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Wow, I was pretty shocked to come back to this thread and some of your comments! As always, one of my favorite things to do is talk to you guys, so here we go!

I really wanted to make the alt mode a priority, since that's one of the things that is very characteristic with my work. This is one of those few times where I start with the robot mode and work my way back. It was really important to me that this one transform, and given more time I would have made the inside area for the head to work.

Well, I did make my 17Kth post with the thread :D 

Thanks a lot, bud :thumb  I was at one point not going to include the right side door, but I felt that the flat black still kept it neutral enough.

Yeah, I felt the same way, as theTransTorture portion can near the end of this one. I felt that the junker wasn't complete with out it. Thanks for the props, bud :thumb 

Well, you'd have to go to 'nobi's house for this one! :lol  It's always nice to hear from ya, even if you're always posting telling me how you're gonna steal my stuffz. :lol 

Well, the Trailbreaker parts aren't on my custom, so I'd imagine he'd look a little different. It seemed like Spike was hurting enough, though :lol 

Thanks! Despite this being mostly an Impreza, I did really want to play up the mis-matched parts bit up a lot.

I really appreciate this, bro :)  Who knows what I'll end up doing down the road? :D 

Thank ya, sir; it's much appreciated!

Anyone who knows my work well knows that reference is very important to me. As plowking pointed out, the overall flow is important to me as well. I'm really glad all of these things communicate well :) 

Obscure Alts are my specialty :) 

As one can imagine, this post really made all of the extra effort worth it.

nobi mentioned the spoliers, and I forgot to post about it. If you've ever worked with the Impreza mold, you'd know that the spoilers are simply pegged into the trunk and screwed in. I simply left the screws out so that the spoiler can be attached and detatched at will (as nobi already mentioned he'd be inclined to do this). Essentially, I wanted to give him the option of doing or not doing it.

A lot of the fun on my end is knowing what I had and continuing to heckle nobi about the custom. :) 

I'm glad you like it buddy :) 

HAHA, yeah I'd totally forgotten about showing you that one detail photo of the foot! Good times :)  Thanks for the props :) 

Thank ya; I'm glad you enjoy my work :) 

That means a lot to me, bud :) 

Thanks guys! It felt good to post a completed project thread again :)  I really need to get on those galleries of the customs I have finished, but just not posted. :lol 

Thanks a lot! I'm glad that my custom brought out the nostalgia in ya :)  I think this is the first time I'd so strickly adhered to something from G1 :lol 

Thanks a lot, bud! :thumb 

I'm pretty sure that this custom could hold the MP Megs. I am still aggravated that the photo shoot didn't quite turn out like I wanted. I set things up, shot the shoot, and finished this up so quickly though.

Thanks! I'm glad to have reminded you of this guy, but there have been several others recently who made customs of this guy (and they've been quite inspiring). That being said, while I'd always wanted to make this bot even in the hayday of Alts customs, it just never really fit my direction of customs nor my own collection. This opportunity gave me that window :) 

Thanks for the props, and I've not forgotten :) 

I wished I could say I was that super, but making a slew of commissions just isn't within my resources. One of the reasons I've always loved sharing my customs here is that I've always felt I was able to share my own collection with as many people as I could :)  Thanks for the kind words all the same though; it means a lot. :) 

Hehehe, it's good to hear from ya, buddy! I'm glad that you liked this one from me so much :) 

I totally get ya, and I certainly appreciate it! :) 

Dormamu and JetsAndHeels are two of the main guys who are able to view my customs in person a bit regularly, since they're local buds :)  I was able to give Dormamu here a presentation one day when he came over briefly :) 

Thanks a lot, bud :)  Ol' Sparkplug helped me out a bit I'd say :D 

Thanks a lot! I really hope that the "fun" aspect communicates, as I really had a blast doing this (and heckling nobi about it all the way). :) 

Well, that was something I was wondering about myself. Part of the fun was going to the reference that showed me each part from each Autobot, then figuring out how to do it in Alternators style. I'm thrilled I was able to pull it off :) 

Guys, again, I really appreciate your responsiveness here. It always means a lot, no matter how big or small the project is :) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome Stuff Super!
    I agree the added damage realy helps pull the car together when in that mode. In bot mode your coloring and little addtions work great! As always Impressed!

You Must have a hugh parts supply stash of Alt Parts! to put so many different parts on this project.

16. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Alt AutobotX????????????????

YEAH!!!!

17. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks so much for your words; it means a lot, especially since you're not around here a lot (join the party!!! Post your work, bud!)!

As for parts, yeah, you could say that :)  I was asked the other night by another member about base bots that I use, and my response was, "I bought extras while they were at retail". With the recession of last year, I could have actually found a few cheaper, but I felt that I covered my bases. Most of mine are still sealed, so if I end up not needing a particular bot, I can sell em :) 

:D  I'm really glad you like this one, bud :)  It's so extra special when a friend posts in a thread of mine. :)  There are a great many things I love about Radicons, but I've always loved making and having friends from here first and foremost. You guys really just don't understand how much each post means to me, especially where I've not been able to post my work as much in the latter portion of my tenure here.

Thanks for everything, gang :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    great work, allen!!!

19. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Nice!

SuperSquad would be proud!;) 

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks for the props, bud :) 

Thank you sir! Boy, I've missed you! :) 

As for ol supersquads, he's been teasing me ever so much that I'm not able to make customs as much right now. Kickin' me while I'm down . . . you know, the stuff he does best :lol 

• Like Like x 1