Thank You!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by slugslinger2004, May 5, 2008.

1. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This semester's been pretty difficult for me. It's my fourth year at my university, but I still have another year of school since I co-oped for a year (my major is Mechanical Engineering.) My fiance and I just had a baby girl this past December and between her and my course load I've been pretty stressed out. Plus most of my friends are graduating this semester, well those that aren't majoring in Engineering or Architecture.

I had to withdraw from my Fluid Mechanics course b/c I was doing horribly and Thermodynamics was kicking my ass but I thought I was gonna pass until I got a 19/100 on the 3rd exam. I took the final Friday and just checked my grades and I have a C!!!! I have never been so happy to see a C but I'll definately take it. :D 

Now enough of me ranting, how has everyone else done on their finals?

2. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    I just got done with French, I'm gonna be taking mangerial econ in a few hours, about to go to studying. I'm on the same boat just in the sense that I'm down on the home stretch. Good luck in general.

3. devastator831

devastator831 Mechanical Engineer

Hey I'm a ME major too, Ph.D. student though. Just got done with my last final last Thursday in Inelasticity. I had a take home written exam and an oral exam. Did just fine and actually enjoyed my oral exam. The prof is extremely knowledgeable, but very laid back and understanding. In the oral I realized I knew more than I thought. I totally understand how Thermo and Fluids can be taxing on your time, you are not alone hang in there :) .

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    I've had 2 classes where a C was welcome, and one where it was unexpected, unwelcome, and undeserved. :rolleyes: 

It's teh sucks when real life & school can't get along.

5. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Doing the exams of my 4th and last year in Cybernetics (Control System engineering) right now. Last exam I did went horribly, so anything above the pass boundary is all good with me! 5 left along with a few presentations.

Best of luck with your exams :) ...

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I finished up the dopey senior seminar class (where they teach engineers how to interact with other human beings) and our team turned in our design document for the senior project class. All that's left is a control theory project & exam, a FPGA exam and the electromagnetics exam.

7. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thermodynamic and Fluid Mechanics
    How I hate them.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    since i am still stuck trying to understand algebra, i shouldn't be able to say much, but those classes sound easier than they are.
    inelasticity? isn't that stuff that doesn't bend?
    Thermo- that's heat. Fluids- water, or other forms of hydraulics.

got a friend in Canada who graduated with degrees in Kinesiology, that i used to joke with her about, saying it was a fake major to justify parties and a cool apartment in a different province. Until she told me she could use it to get a job working with NBA, NFL or even collegiate sport athletes.
    fudge me. i never said a word to her about it again.

so good luck on your finals, guys.