TFX-01B Shadow Commander help please

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by myoung555, Sep 5, 2015.

1. myoung555

myoung555 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. New to the site and collecting. Just finished school and decided to start a new hobby.

I bought a used Nemesis Prime with a TFX-01B Shadow Commander trailer and it turns out I should have done my homework a little better.

It's missing the original sword & came with 2 extra black hands that articulate in the trigger fingers and the fused middle/ring/pinky fingers. Are these spare hands meant to be used with Shadow Commander? I watched the Youtube review and there was no mention of it and Google couldn't reveal any info either.

Last, I broke down the trail just as the review instructed and ran into a snag when went to put the hand/forearms onto Nemesis. The review mentioned that there is suppose to be a spring device in the hand/forearms that hooks onto Nemesis's hands to hold it in place. I don't see the spring device that he mentions so the hands/forearms will not stay in place when the Nemesis points his arms down.

Does anyone have a trailer that they can take a picture of this spring device? Or do you have an idea how to replace the part? Was super disappointed when I discovered this problem because I thought I had a sweet robot to add to the collection.

Thanks in advance for your input.

[​IMG]

2. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    I think there are KO versions of this thing. Someone can tell you more, but I'd look at discounting that possibility first.

3. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Those hands look a lot like the ones that are included in the FP Superiorion Upgrade kit.

4. myoung555

Thanks for the input DC. Do you think the KO would be missing the spring retaining device? I think the Nemesis is legitimate because it clearly has the Hasbro/Takara 2006 lettering and a serial engraving.

[​IMG]

5. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Sorry I misread your post, I had thought you meant the spring on the FP trailer side. Also when I said KO, I actually meant the trailer.

Anyways, it's been a while since I've handled these things. Hopefully someone will come and help.

6. myoung555

Thanks DC. Hopefully the answer will come up. :) 

7. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is no spring. The forearm armor has metal clips in place that hold on to the Prime mold with friction.

On KO's the fit is loose. I have several KOs in different colors and the fitment is different on each one. If you have looseness, look inside the forearm and you will see a metal clip (hard to describe, but its metal, looks like a rectangular wave. You can create a bettter fit by cutting some paper up, folding it to increase the thickness, then sticking it between the clip and the inner armor. When it then is put on the Prime mold's forearm, it will be tighter. Worked for me. Your mileage may vary.

I have no idea what those hands are; none of FP's original hands came with any optional hands with any articulation.

As for the sword, there are different replacement swords that may fit. Try swords by Dr. Wu or Renderform.

EDIT: where are you located? Is there a store in the area that sells 3P stuff?

8. myoung555

Thanks OZ. There is definitely no metal clips or parts inside my arm pieces. Do you happen to have a picture of what you're talking about?

Would you know how to tell the difference between a real FP and KO? I just want it to work they way it is suppose to. :/

9. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. myoung555

Thanks for the great link OZ. Looks like I have the real deal trailer with the #1 & 2 on the feet and the spring pins instead of metal pins. Just need to figure out how to get replacement parts or make my own retention clips. Any resource on how they are suppose to look inside the arms?

[​IMG]