TFWe Special Poll - Would you buy RTS G2 Prime as RiD Scourge homage?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kickback, Sep 27, 2011.

?

Would you buy a black repaint of deluxe Reveal the Shield G2 Prime?

1. YES - but only if he is named SCOURGE!

231 vote(s)
    66.6%
  2. YES - but I want him named NEMESIS PRIME!

78 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. NO - I would not be interested in this figure

38 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I like the character, but I hate the mold, so no. That is one ugly looking toy, imo. It's bearable in the Battle Tanker armor. But on it's own, I think it is an eyesore.

2. Thunderjet

Thunderjet Well-Known Member

Yes! I don't really care what they call it, I just want one!

3. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    We all know what is going to happen. At Botcon Hasbro will show the repaint with a label showing Scourge as being released in either Generations or a R.I.D. package for release in December/January (by this point you probably know where this is going). Some will start to show up in Canada but on December 21st Hasbro will cancel the line before they hit the USA (Europe and Australia of course were screwed from the start). The fandom erupts into rage. A few hours later the world ends.

Joking aside maybe Hasbro will put him regardless of name into the early part of Generations this year. The worst that will happen is it will be this years SDCC exclusive. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if that is how we get Scourge/Nemesis Prime. The last two Nemesis Prime figures were SDCC exclusives after all.

4. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There is no choice for "Yes, but I don't care what he is named"

5. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    people, look how old this thread is.....

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Irrelevant.

... it's always the year 2005!

7. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly, I have a hard time looking past page 3 or 4, so how people go through and bump pages from months and months ago is beyond me.

8. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    My guess would be that once in their life, these people use the search function, possibly even by way of a good search. Then after reading the OP & maybe one random post close to the bottom of page one, they freak the fuck out & start posting.

Then, someone else sees the thread, replies as if the last comment's recent date applies to the topic's majority, thus fueling the great revival.

9. Deathx360

News Credits:

I can't make it past page 2. Some topics I understand getting bumped (video game gamer tags/friend codes, some Toyark threads like G.I. Joe) but stuff like this always baffles me. Maybe it's the same people who post a popular question that has already been asked several times already and sometimes on the same damn page.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure why the thread was bumped, but since it was, this just occurred to me...

...can a Generations/Classics RiD Scourge/Nemesis/Whatever occur this year from Hasbro, in light of Fun Pub using the mold for SG Magnus? I thought they can't use a certain mold if Hasbro was intending to use it.

Takara's a different story, and black redecos are right up their alley...but this just occurred to me with this thread popping back up.

11. Deathx360

News Credits:
    Generations Thundercracker was released in March of last year and the Club released SG Thundercracker in June so depending on when production starts it is possible.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's true...timing is hard to figure...using your example, wasn't SG Thundercracker pushed back a year because Hasbro was using the Seeker mold (albeit the Conehead version) for Thrust and then Dirge in '10? Generations Thundercracker's release muddies the water a bit since that hit not that long after Fun Pub used the exact same mold for their version.

Now I'm more confused lol.

13. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well to be honest, I've never really understood why people care how old threads are when they relate to ongoing or otherwise constant things. Like, I understand that its silly to bump news or rumour threads, but when it comes to a question like this one (or like you say, and ongoing show or toyline), time really isn't an issue, especially since it's perfectly evident when posts are made due to timestamps & chronological order.

I mean if nothing else, I still think this topic is hilarious because of the way Kickback worded the poll, and the fact that we don't have either of these repaints means that to me anyway, its just as relevant now as it was on day 1.