TFW2005's War for Cybertron Siege Galleries

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Mar 4, 2019.

1. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

Not a huge loss if we actually stood a chance at a better dub.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I am not 100% sure of the current status, but the reason people inferred Disney owned partial rights is because they bought a piece of Saban Brands and Power Rangers years ago. That is the company that produced RID and most Fox Kids shows at the time.

Fast forward a bit, Disney reverted their share in Saban back to Saban, Saban went solo for a while, and now Hasbro has bought Saban.

So, if the only thing holding it up was that Disney was blocking a joint release with Hasbro because of their control over Saban's ownership of half the show, that should not be an issue anymore, Hasbro would own 100% of the show now.

There could be other factors at play I am not aware of here, other parties could still have rights, Fox kids video releases could have stayed with Disney, blah blah. I don't know atm, and I assume most others don't either.

• Like Like x 4
  3. AutobotMirage

AutobotMirage Wrecker

News Credits:
    Maybe it's just me but it looks like the Constructicons get bigger as they're dropping :lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  4. AUT0B0T WH33LJACK

AUT0B0T WH33LJACK Inventor

YouTube:
    Yeah, Way better than Combiner Wars!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fading

Fading Member

This is just personal opinion, but having the figures in hand, I feel bad for those skipping out on Siege. This line, IMO, has been amazing. For me, this line has the best G1 scale. In the cartoon, Ultra Magnus was almost the same height as Prime. Prime didn't exactly tower over his soldiers either (minus Bumblebee).

Plus these are some of the best quality non MP figures Hasbro has put out in ages. They're not hollow, and have a good plastic feel. They don't come out of the package with loose joints. Have ankle tiltage. While I understand it's not for everyone, they even have extra paint aps.

It's like Hasbro listened to previous complaints, and fixed things. Plus, I just got my Optimus Toy Hax stickers, and Shockwave. Optimus looks so good now, lol. Optimus, Megatron, Shockwave, and Ultra Magnus look right at home standing next to my deluxes.

I liked Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus, but he was almost as tall as Superior. I liked my voyager sized MP-10v KO Optimus. He looked very show accurate. But he was still too tall, and looked completely out of place next to the PoTP dinobots, especially Grimlock. Where Siege Optimus fits right in. I'm very happy with this line so far.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

Mine is sitting in my stash at Chosen Prime waiting for the wave 2 voyagers and deluxes to arrive. Can't wait. Love the pics, but they really make me want to get some fillers for his stacks. Has anyone made any?

• Like Like x 1
  7. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I don't know, I'd argue that being so blocky makes him resemble the original toy very much.

But between the two, I think Combiner Wars Magnus had the much better and functional vehicle mode, and I prefer the all in one transformation versus parts forming that leaves his armor in pieces all over the place when you want to display him as the white inner Prime bot.

Aside from the new music and not having the original Car Robots theme song, I think the dub we received did the job just fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2019
  8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    You know I actually thought about that recently and wondered if it might have been part of the reason for Magnus getting an RID vehicle mode, but until something else happens or another convention comes out, we won’t know. Chances are that nobody at Hasbro(besides maybe the Designers) was even aware that they got the rights back when they bought Saban.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SaintsIconsNemesis

SaintsIconsNemesis Toys are Subjective

Instagram:
    He is a bulky hefty detailed toy for a hasbro/takara brand. They are trying and I give them credit. Slowly they realiize third party buyers will pay a little more if they up the qualiity and enough with the hollow limbs. This toy has a good feel and enjoyable to transform. It\'s simple enough and gives a node to the Ultra Magnus truck mode from the early 2000.

• Like Like x 2
  10. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yeah - they about got it right. Still wish he was as tall as City Commander but he looks great as it is.

I just I can get my hands on him before he jumps up in price:oops: 

• Like Like x 4
  11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Killer pics. Nothing will ever beat the feeling of finding RID UM, Prime & Scourge in the wild when they came out.

The Beast Machines depression was rough.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Digger

Digger Collecting with the goal of no end

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Man this gallery does look great but looking back at reviews and the other elements I’m just not in on this Magnus. That prime retool seems to do it better for me in so many other ways.

• Like Like x 2
  13. diablogunner

diablogunner Defender of the All-Spark

I originally said I was gonna pass on this version because I really love the CW version, but my wife picked it up for me when she ran across it and knew I was looking for Seige stuff (this is why I am glad she has put up with me for 28 years) and I am glad she did. Scale is good with the rest of Seige and he looks awesome. Articulation is great and I had the RID UM and love the tribute. I do miss the car carrier mode but I can live without it, and he rarely goes to truck mode anyway.

I did the same with Seige Prime too, and now he is in the Top 3 Primes for me.

• Like Like x 5
  14. lambi

lambi Well-Known Member

Looks so good, and great photography too!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kaleb Hart

Kaleb Hart The TRUE commander

The figure looks really cool, but I find it rather short and overall prefer the Combiner Wars MTMTE Magnus to this one.

16. Digger

Digger Collecting with the goal of no end

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I kinda don’t like any of the magnus’s 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Siege Prime in truck mode fits well above Magnus' trailer ramp, almost as if the indentations on there are meant specifically for Prime's wheels.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Great pics love them

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
  20. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

Beautiful gallery. That said, I do think his add-on parts look as dum as my spelling of said word.

• Like Like x 2