TFW2005's SDCC In Hand Galleries - Devastator & More

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    God, I think Devastator will be the figure I waffle on the most. I have the retail version preordered but whenever I look at the pics I just feel like... I don't know. Some of the bot modes look good but others look.... blarg. They look like McDonald toys.

But then I ask myself am I really going to be displaying the robot forms that much or will he be in combined form. But is the retail price worth it... and yet I always wanted a Devestator...

God, he is going to drive me insane.

2. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Really why it should have been Deluxe scale.

3. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

Oh poor poor Scrapper...

Attached Files:

4. ew1983

ew1983 Well-Known Member

Don't like the head sculpt or the crome but can't say it looks terrible in any way. The tfc Hercules is good as well. I'll be getting takara United version regardless.
    I wouldn't confuse any versions of
    This toy with McDonald's toys.

5. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    @both of you guys: you DO know that TAkara fixed ALL of Hasbro/ SDDC Devy's issue and gave them new JOINTS and ELBOWS, plus G1 WEAPONS< right?! :D 
    Tokyo Toy Show Takara Transformers Panel Roundup - MASTERPIECE IRONHIDE & GORILLA CONVOY/OPTIMUS PRIMAL, Unite Warriors Devastator, Elbows, & More! - Transformer World 2005 - TFW2005.COM

6. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Yeah and he's $220 from BBTS... ah who am I kidding, got him preordered there already! I'll be keeping an eye on HLJ and the other Japanese sites, of course, if I can get him for cheaper I will do! I want that Takara version for the Bot modes and corrected wrists. Hasbro version will be Devastator. If I can get an SDCC version they will be vehicle mode or MISB but I doubt I'll get one.

7. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    He always gets the short end of the stick. Did not IDW kill him off with air freshener or shoe polish.

8. Andre

Andre Autobot Guardian

News Credits:

9. Okspears

Okspears Master of Irrelevance

Anyone else feeling like Hasbro was sitting on their butts deciding what to do at sdcc this year? All we get is chrome? Takara gives visor options, correct colors, individual weapons, makes them look better than upscaled deluxes, and ELBOWS. For $50 more. We get chrome. :( 

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yeah, Takara is really the only worthwhile option for Devastator.

11. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    What colossal hollow pieces of plastic hollowing out everything just to cut cost is sad. I know they've been doing it for the last 3-4 years now, but goddang, it's getting stupid at this point. bring back the solidity Hasblow.

a couple other things I don't like.

Mixmaster's giant Bug Ass -er, I mean Mixing Drum hanging off with nowhere to go. and Hook's crane. I mean wow at the very least give it a joint to fold up on his back so he'd look better aesthetically.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  12. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

That purple chrome does look a bit gaudy with the regular purple. I wonder what he would have looked like with silver or gold chrome?

Overall, while I like the toy-loyal face, I'm not sure this SDCC version is worth the trouble of getting. Even if the bulk of us say the Takara version is superior (and it does look that way), a lot of people will pick this up just to scalp it, and just cause it's fan-fave Devy! :banghead:  So for the most part, unless you're going to SDCC or happen to get lucky browsing HTS at the right moment, I get the feeling this version will cost you more than the Takara version, in the end! :lol 

That said, for $220, I'd go Takara over this - more bonuses (bot guns, visor optional, purple hands, etc) = better than tacky chrome.

+1000.
    I think deluxe would look LESS SILLY. The problem with blowing up a simple toy is that you see more imperfections. If this guy were Legends scale, it'd be pure BRILLIANCE. At Titan scale? Everyone can see the cut corners and we can't exactly excuse it on size/scale.

Deluxe scale might have alleviated some of the complaints (not to mention show off the details better); an especially relevant misstep when you consider how well TRYPTICON would sell. With Metroplex just released recently, it'd be a no-brainer for the bulk of us to grab a new Trypticon. Come on, Hasbro. You should know your customers better.

I get the feeling Platinum Trypticon is a litmus test to find out how many of us want to throw $200 at a representation. That level of confusion, however, would be disappointing. Is it really so hard to understand which toy we want to see most? Really?

13. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^:lol  ALL to this!

14. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
  15. skyfire2006

skyfire2006 Well-Known Member

Omg I love the new looks of them.

16. TFcustoms91

TFcustoms91 Well-Known Member

Soundwave superior Constructicons inferior.

[​IMG]

17. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

Wow the pics on the front page awesome! Dont wanna mess with those femmes!! Cons beware!

18. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can we call this G2 Arcee? Because that's what I'm seeing and it works!

19. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm going back and forth on the fembot set. While I adore Arcee's new colors, the face should have been remolded. She looks weird with the cute smiling face and the menacing colors. Chromia looks better in these photos and so does Windblade. Maybe I'll just order the 3rd Party weapons for the non exclusive Arcee and Chromia and pass on this set.:confused: 

20. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Those are some pretty slick decos for the ladies.

Im kind of hoping MMC makes a three pack of their azalea with decos based on these and new head sculpts, and some new wing bits for wingblade.

I'd pick that set up in a heartbeat.

But these do look good.