TFW2005's Generations Galleries 2021

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, May 8, 2021.

1. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

As authentic as Ultra Magnus looks to Masterpiece levels I really dislike his slip on boot with no side cover.

[​IMG]

Sure you can add some leg extensions to make him taller but not much thought went into his redesign just modified the chest and a new paint job.

[​IMG]

I'm probably the only one that enjoys this version of Ultra Magnus from Combiner Wars

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He is pretty beefy just enough to make him Masterpiece size too.

[​IMG]

Sure you can't play with the cab because it's all one connected but honestly that does not bother me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ i have the combiner wars one with my Lost Light crew, fits well, and using this new version for my 86 stand in, till we get a better one

3. firmpulse

firmpulse milliradian practitioner

I've never been a big Ultra Magnus fan but, MTMTE won me over with Minimus Ambus and the whole "Magnus as a title not a person" thing. The "load bearer" super power that allowed him to wear the Magnus Armor was great. That origin added layers to the ole Magnus onion that was incredibly refreshing. CW Magnus is a great figure and probably my favorite toy of the character.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

News Credits:
    @Tony_Bacala Well done!
    Also, thanks for keeping this forum going for so long!!

• Like Like x 3
  5. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

I had no idea about the origin storyline that's pretty cool and almost was tempted to have bought the Masterpiece but just seemed way to blocky with little maneuverability.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mercurius

Mercurius Lights your darkest hour

I'm a fan of CW UM, too. First UM I've ever bought, and don't really plan on getting the Kingdom version because the cab and alt mode bother the crap out of me. I picked up a KO of the white transforming cab figure for CW UM about a year ago, and he's fun. My biggest complaint about CW UM is the lack of a waist swivel (which clearly seems like it should be pretty easy to have installed, and I'm almost tempted to try and modify him to have myself if I knew enough about how to do it...) and some other poseability issues with his ankles and such. Otherwise, great figure.

7. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime 1st Cybertronian Spectre of the Galactic Council

I love CW UM (and PM Prime/Ginrai for that matter). Both the design based on his IDW likeness and Minimus Ambus.

But I really (really!) dislike his leg joints. The ratchets are way too strong so posing and playing with him is an utter nightmare. That's something I feel Kingdom UM gets right. The look and the playability is stellar and for me, the UM I've always wanted.

Edit: What I'd buy in a heartbeat is Kingdom UM retooled into IDW UM.

8. jrod1019

jrod1019 Troubleshooter

I noticed that too about the ankles I should have bought the third part upgrade kit for his legs now I'm kicking myself cause you can't fined them anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mercurius

Mercurius Lights your darkest hour

I didn't even know they existed until after they were no longer available. :( 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mister Raymond

Mister Raymond CEO of Misfits Music

Last edited: May 17, 2021