TFW2005's Gallery of MP-12 Sideswipe (Asia Reissue)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Sep 28, 2015.

1. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    I don't mind the 'stoned' face. Sideswipe is an angsty guy so it fits in imo.

2. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    Haven't you read Budiansky's original Sideswipe bio:

SIDESWIPE

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT
    FUNCTION: WARRIOR
    FIRST APPEARANCE: TRANSFORMERS # 1

"I don't break rules, I get stoned - a lot."

Profile: Although nearly as capable as his twin brother Sunstreaker in the combat arts, Sideswipe is always getting stoned. He thoroughly relishes engaging a doobie in a fight to the finish, and will use any dirty underhanded tactic he can think of to get high. Back on his homeworld of Cybertron this conduct extended itself to the rest of his lifestyle: getting what he can out of life, enjoying it to the fullest, and cheating to get the rest. His exile to Earth hasn't changed his behavior, just his cause - now instead of doing everything for himself he does it for the sake of getting everyone totally baked. Personal safety takes a backseat to his reckless, but brave actions.

3. triKlops

triKlops New England Transformers Collectors Group member

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    @ Sam; awesome job!

4. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would've been nice if he finally came with his jetpack for once. Surprisingly Dr. Wu hasn't offered one.

5. Sam

Sam Arrival

News Credits:
    I'm really surprised that one hasn't been made that's compatible with both Sideswipe and Optimus Prime. I'm sure someone could figure out a way. I think there is one backpack for Sideswipe design on Shapeways, though.

6. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Ordered one of these through CP . Once I receive this new one , I'll be putting up my version 2 reissue on eBay.

7. JazzClub

JazzClub Active Member

Has anyone's Hasbro Asia re-issue have the usual paint defects? i.e. not enough red paint by the wing mirror so it's red/black? I was wondering if it's been fixed but i've been unlucky or it's still the same with this release?

8. monish

monish Not a Negatron!

News Credits:
    I just got mine from TF-DIRECT today. There is some paint chiping but overall the figure is great.

9. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    Shapeways has one but it is for Classics Sideswipe not Masterpice sideswipe.
    TF Jetpack SDSWP x1 (NMPN6K7QZ) by Kurisama
    [​IMG]

They even have another Sideswipe inspired jetpack but this one is for MP-10 apparently.
    Sideswipe/MP-10 Backpack (PSLQ8Y628) by Dawgstar
    [​IMG]

I wanted to pass on this seeing as how it doesn't even include a jetpack. I already have the first release of MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe) plus a pair of Takara/Amazon chrome plated extended pile drivers that I purchased seperately off ebay. I went ahead and ordered this version anyway, mainly due to the fact the paint problem appears to be corrected. Don't get me wrong, for the lower cost, it's a good buy for anyone who never had MP-12 and wants to pick it up. I was under the impression that the surprise accessory would be the jetpack with chrome pile drivers but it is not.

As for as a jetpack for MP-12 is concerned, COME ON DR.WU!! YOU'RE MAKING ONE FOR MP-21 BUMBLEBEE, great but what about Lambor/Sideswipe??

Here's a bot mode video comparison of V1 MP-12 an MP-12 Asia Exclusive. Enjoy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dF8N8fc4zg

10. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    This arrived today. I'll post more detailed pics later.

[​IMG]

11. Renaissance Man

Renaissance Man Wrecker

I'm selling Sideswipe - brand new. PM if interested.