TFW2005 Transformers Forged to Fight Interview & Launch Vid

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    4th gen is a 5 year old ipad. It was re-released again a year-ish after they stopped selling them as a cheap model, but it's still 5 year old tech.

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah. Well everything else i've tried works fine on it. I can live with out it. They update these devices too damn much anymore.

3. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's odd considering your iPad is compatible according to the App Store. You have a legitimate reason to be mad.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  4. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Guess because it doesn't have cellular or something. Again no biggie.

5. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Ok, so Optimus and crew crash landed on a planet after the ship was pulled into a whole other dimension. On this planet, Cybertronians from both factions have traces of dark energon, and this dark energon corrupts and controls them. It forces them to fight whomever they are commanded to fight. Apparently, and not too surprisingly, Starscream has something to do with it.
    Optimus is determined to get to the bottom of all of this, not realising he has been sucked into (along with the Cyberyronians he brings through the gate) what he's determined to stop. Alrighty then.

So far, I have:

Obtained Sideswipe, who will remain safely tucked away for now.

Obtained Grindor via the gate, right after Prime beat him in battle.

Defeated Rhinox

My Grindor fought and beat the dark energon Grindor.

Prime beat Bee, then Mirage.

Now he's pitted against dark energon Ironhide.

I keep thinking they crash landed in an alternate Kaon on an alternate Cybertron.

6. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The game started out great, but by the point where you reach chapter 4, it gets repetative and too hard to beat. The generic sharkticons are total turn offs. What I liked about this game was the lack of generic characters, but then they showed up.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The generics are placeholders until the developers can implement more name characters. It was the same way with the Marvel version of this game. You have to give them time; they'll get there. And the game shouldn't be too hard to beat if you are leveling your characters as you progress. Unlike Earth Wars, this game doesn't level your characters automatically as you use them. You have to do it manually, which I think is better, because it means you don't need to use weak characters to level them.

Also, following the Marvel version, the story mode will soon be only a background element of the game. When enough people are on board, it's the arenas and team events that will be the meat of the game.

8. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Rhinox is HUGE or Grimlock is TINY?

9. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    So? Just use characters that have already been established. Its better than generic canon fodder.
    Also, Ironhide is too overpowered. It takes like 4 shots from him and he k.o's ya.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you're clearly not leveling up your characters if anyone is taking you out in 4 shots. All the characters are balanced.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Ok.. so I just found out Mixmaster:drool:  is playable. Hopefully all the Constructicons make it into this game!
    Consider this game downloaded. :buttrock 

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Already leveled them at the max.

13. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    And then you ranked them up? After ten levels, you gave to rank up to unlock the level cap.

14. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Already did.
    Ironhide is still able to take me out after like 4 blasts.

15. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    Where is this happening?
    Perhaps I can help

Can you screenshot the roster you are using and the Ironhide node you are having trouble with?

16. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Screenshot_2017-04-10-14-00-08.png
    I've leveled up as far as I can, but to rank up I need a basic spark, which I can only get after raids. All my best characters are not available for me to do raods because theyre either on missions or guarding the base.

I keep running out of energon cubes for reviving and repairing characters.

Last chapter I had to spend $4 to get energon cubes to revive my squad and continue the game (otherwise, I could not keep going) while trying to take out the brawler (?) sharkticon (the blue one). You cant even edit your squad during missions, which totally sucks. I would atleast hope that if all your characters are K.O'd you would have to restart the chapter (and having your characters repaired, but no, I got stuck because I spent all my energon cubes repairing my bots).

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  17. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:

Yeah, basically your bots aren't strong enough yet. But you seem to know that.

first and foremost, pull your bots off your base for now. All they are doing right now is gaining you minimal gold, which you can get more of from story missions anyway. I believe you have at least one bot on your base, so just pick your least used/favourite. At your level, intermediate players are going to blast through your base wether you have one 1* or five. So don't worry about that yet.

Those characters will serve you better to acquire basic sparks by raiding easy bases (they are 500 raid chips for one spark, price goes up after that and resets after 24 hours... I think it's 1250 for two sparks. Get enough for 1 or 2 sparks and then buy them right away in the raid store so nobody can steal your chips. You can start putting bots on your base once you get a bigger and stronger roster.

If you'd prefer not to raid, you can also acquire sparks by going to
    fight -> daily -> spark trials -> easy.
    The other section of this is for T2 sparks and class specific sparks, which you will need for 2* and 3* characters.

If you can't pass a mission without spending energon, stop doing the mission. Save your energon for bot crystals. It's a waste spending those on health or revives, because you get those for free from 4 hour crystals.

If you are still sitting stuck at Ironhide, just exit the level now. You will lose whatever gold and ISO you have acquired, but that's nothing compared to the energon, time, and money you are wasting.

You might be trying to speed through the story missions in hopes of getting some rewards from them. It's not to your benefit. Just take your time, grind some easier levels for some ISO and sparks. You aren't on a time limit, and these story missions are only going to get harder and harder.

Grind and level those bots. It won't take as long as you think. Try to max all your bots, but level them evenly, if you can.
    Have you 100%'d the earlier missions yet?

If arena is open for you, you can start doing that as well. It's a great way to collect energon and gold (through arena crystals), and crystal shards. You don't have to worry about winning every round either. Just do what you can. There are many milestones to collect.

One final thing: Sidestep, sidestep, sidestep!! Simply moving out of the way is much more effective than trying to block and just getting hammered on anyway.

Good luck mate :) 

18. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The reason Ironhide is beating your ass so badly is because you don't have a tech bot like Ratchet or Mirage.

Class macth-ups are like so.
    Scout > Tech
    Tech > Demolitions
    Demolitions > Tactician
    Tactician > Brawler
    Brawler > Warrior
    Warrior > Scout

Ironhide is a Demolitions bot, so if you have a Tech bot, use them.
    Optimus being a Tactician bot won't fare so well.

19. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    ^^^ also true

Rhinox and Ratchet are the best.
    Rhinox is a powerhouse with his bleed ability, and Ratchet can heal himself.

Mirage could still work, though.

My 2* Ratchet carried me very far early in the game. He's since been neutered a bit since, but still good.

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    What a disaster. Everything you are doing is completely wrong.

#1, you see that red arrow next to Optimus and the yellow arrow next to Ironhide? That means you are using exactly the wrong class of character to fight Ironhide. That matchup makes Optimus weaker than he'd normally be, and makes Ironhide stronger than he'd normally be. You're handicapping yourself.

#2, you're punching outside your weight class. Let me guess. You're trying to blow through story mode by doing each level once by the easiest path. That's why you are facing opponents you are not ready for yet and don't have the resources to upgrade your characters properly. When you start getting to opponents above your current level, DO NOT START SPENDING MONEY ON REVIVES AND HEALTH. You are not at the point in the game where you should need to be using ANY revives yet. Start going back and doing ALL the alternate paths for the earlier levels. By completing all the paths, you get substantial bonuses in terms of resource awards. You NEED these to level up properly and to level up as a player so you can open extra slots on your roster. By the time you are attacking opponents of close to 400 the way you are, you should already at least be player level 20 and have 4 characters on your squad, minimum.

You have to grind. There's no way around it.

This, specifically, is wrong. The primary way to get the basic spark is not by raiding and spending raid cash. That is the longest, hardest way to get it. You get Basic Spark from the daily event menu. Spend 5 minutes going down both paths, fighting enemies of about 150-250 strength, and you'll get one or two basic sparks right there, the first time per day you go down both paths. Easy. That's also where you get the class specific sparks you will need to rank up higher rank and higher star characters.

If you have only leveled your characters to 10, and have not taken them from rank 1 to rank 2 and beyond, you still only have the first level super move. That's another reason you can't beat opponents.

You've done everything so wrong, if it was me, I'd be tempted to delete the account and start over from the beginning. And this time, don't spend money.