TFW2005 Transformers Forged to Fight Interview & Launch Vid

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    I started playing last night and I started getting the same issue almost immediately after 1pm today. I wonder if a server went down or something.

2. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    They do it on mobile so they can kill you with micro (really macro) transactions.

How many people would actually buy this on a console for $50?

Probably less than are going to end up spending $100s to unlock all the characters once they're addicted to it.

3. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I mean, sure, but they have F2P games on consoles now. It wouldn't be that unusual.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

I love the graphical style of this game, though I am not that into mobile apps with microtransactions, so I probably won't continue playing it.

But for what it is, it is good. I like it better than the other Transformers mobile games. My only major complaint is the story. It is all predicated on the Autobots being stranded, but they use a space bridge to summon reinforcements. It has yet to explain why they wouldn't just use it to leave freely.

5. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    Pretty sure it's because they're running into evilified autobots. Someone has the power to warp Transformer minds and Optimus wasn't too keen on that. IIRC, the space bridge wasn't set up until after Optimus was determined to stop it.

6. rooker

rooker Banned

RUMOR : TORA SUDIRO WILL JOINS Transformers Forged to Fight (NO JOKE!)

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tried to download it but guess my ipad is not new enough. Screw this game. I hate when they make games where if your ipad/iphone/ipod is not the absolute latest model you can't use it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rooker

rooker Banned

also Mads Mikkelsen join transformers forge to fight.

9. Effion

Effion It's also a gun

Tried it for a bit, as an F2P mobile fighting game it's decent. Controls are smooth, the animations look good, but it's not really my thing.

10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's supposed to work on a model as far as four years old. You can't get better than that.

11. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Boring.

When are we going to get a PS4/XBox One game? I'm tired of all these mobile platform games... so boring.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Riddler87

Riddler87 semi-retired transformers collector

I'm just really happy to see Rhinox being used in a lot of the promotional materiel for this game. He's one of my favorite transformers and I like seeing him get some time in the limelight.

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I'm referring to the fact that most fans would rather have a new console game than a new mobile game.

14. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Except Hasbro doesn't care about what the fans want. They create things that equate to the maximum amount of profit.

15. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Well, they care to the extent that they can make profit off the fans. But yeah, nothing beyond that point.

On the other hand, I think this game is made very much with fans in mind. I don't see who else it is aimed at. I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea and that many are still wishing for a new console game. But there are a lot of us here who enjoy and play the crap out of these mobile TF apps (for as long as interest lasts-- I'm about done with Earth Wars), and I'm sure the overhead on Hasbro's part is as close to zero as it's possible to get... so I think we can all expect to see a lot more of this kind of thing in the future.

16. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I completely agree. It's made to retain the fans—whether that would be old or new fans—but they're not going make a console game just because the fans want it. They'll create a console game if it's deemed necessary to achieve better game revenue. With the success of their recent mobile games, I can't see a console game happening anytime soon (for at least two more years).

17. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every time I see something about this game I keep thinking; "What if NetherRealm made this instead".

18. Ravage101

Ravage101 Well-Known Member

This is by far my favorite Transformers based game. It's not perfect but it's light...meaning the programming is clean and not a resource hog. That's a huge deal considering what you're getting. The fighting mechanics being translated for touch screen I thought was the most impressive part. I was not sure how this was going to work but, this company nailed it! The best part is being able to play and fight all of your favorite transformers characters. The extra bullshit on the side is this "farm-vill" game mechanic. You have to deal with resources or something like that. sort of gets in the way when all you want to do is build up you character and just fight.

19. raptorclans

raptorclans Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think optimus mentioned they had to used their remaining sources of energon to activate the space bridge, so I'm guessing they couldn't after that? i dunno... it's quite a fun game so far tho :D 

20. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well this is only two-three years old at best. So why won't it work? Standard ipad, about 2 years old, updated to latest ios. Can play tons of other games fine, but not this on it.

Looked up the model # and it is 4th generation. Not some old 1st or 2nd gen. Fairly new. Again a load of BS it is not compatable.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017