TFW2005 Titans Return Leader Soundwave Gallery

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    He goes great with other leader scale Decepticons like Megatron and the seekers like starscream/Thundercracker/Skywarp.

2. THE 1

THE 1 GUNFIGHTER

Soundwave

I dunno... I think he looks suprisingly good. I had doubts about Blaster, but once in hand all doubts faded away. Sure, he's no MP, but I'm impressed for the price. I tried to find the TRU MP Soundwave when it was released and never saw it. I get annoyed at the folks who post and say, "I would just get MP, it's better!" Well, now they run an easy $200 and the new Asia release is around $160. So, for $40+, I think I will be quite pleased. (He still could use a new/ better gun) I just wish the new "cassettes" didn't suck so hard. The Rumble/Frezy molds are "OK", but most of the beast-types are "meh".

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Hasbro MP SW comes with five Cassetticons. If you were to add in the only four Phonicons available (which are what? About $10ish in the US) then TR SW doubles in price. Sure, the Asian re-release of MP SW is still double the price, but that's not as big a price gap as what you were making it out to be.

4. THE 1

THE 1 GUNFIGHTER

Soundwave

You do have a point, sort of. So, if I play my cards right... I can get TR Soundwave for 42 ish, the phonicons for 8.50 each x 5= another 42.50. So for 90 or so bucks I can have them. That leaves me 70 bucks to buy another 4 Deluxe size figures easy. I don't really feel like burning that much just to get the MP. It's gorgeous, but if I could have bought it at original retail price ($125) it wouldn't have been a problem. Besides, I have to make every dollar count, I'm a family man ( I won't bore you with the details).

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I guess it helps if your generally disinterested in the TR line like I am. There aren't that many Deluxe figs I want to buy. Plus, if you need to save money for your family, that's understandable.

6. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I would like him a lot more if he wasn't Leader sized. And wasn't a Headmaster.... And didn't turn into a boombox/MP3 dock.

In other words, not for me. I'll continue waiting for a Soundwave that fits my preferences.

7. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Must be bought, Blaster is inferior! I think this is the best head in TR line, they should have made PMOP like Soundwaves.

8. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Face it, we're doomed.

News Credits:
    It's a buy for me! Now if the stores around me can FINALLY clear all the f**kin leader seekers that won't f**kin move so they can get the TR leaders...

9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wish he didn't have Blaster's gun. They went far enough to make a shoulder gun so why not just modify that to be handheld and include another? Soundwave has one of the most recognizable guns in the franchise. Also, the headmaster gimmick makes him look stupid if his head is turned. Wish they didn't feel the need to make 100% of the figures HMs. They didn't make the leaders combiners during CWs.

I'll still get him to complete the S1 con cast.

10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    The biggest issue with Soundwave, from the instant it was revealed, is the dead space on either side of the tape holder in boombox mode. It's less of an issue on Blaster because of the speakers but Hasbro painted hardly any of that detail so it's still there. Just compare with Takara's version to see what a difference a little more color makes. I don't see what they'll be able to do with Soundwave though.

And, yeah, the headmaster stuff is just poorly done on most of the larger toys that I've seen. I would've preferred the entire head be worked into the smaller robot in lieu of flip up masks to cover the lack of any paint whatsoever or abandoned entirely. That's too bad because the head sculpts actually look pretty good aside from the limits of how they were constructed.

11. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not big fan of
    Fall of
    Cybertron sound wave figure but go for it makes
    Others happy

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    This looks great but there are so many thing I don't like about the figure that make me want to pass on it. Making it a headmaster, giving him a base mode, designing him with a huge ass, designing the cassettes in a way to justify the huge ass, the ugly handle, the way the legs are designed, and making him a leader class figure. If him and Blaster were voyager scale, I might be able to ignore all of the issues.

13. EarthGBilly

EarthGBilly Sucker for a GERWALK Mode

My biggest problem - no pun intended - is the thick, blocky nature of this mould. It serves Blaster just fine, because it reminds me of G1 Blaster. Soundwave shouldn't have this kind of linebacker look to him.

Plus, I appreciate the look of Blaster, embracing the boombox asthetic, but it doesn't work with Soundwave. And, calling that an MP3 player dock is just too far of a stretch for my imagination.

I don't think I'll be picking this one up.

14. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Operation: Brain Surgery

Yeah. Somehow Blaster gets away with it, but Soundwave's looking a little too doughy.

15. G1 Liokaiser

G1 Liokaiser Destron

News Credits:
    Soundwave Superior!
    This Soundwave looks amazing. We finally have an updated G1 style Soundwave.

16. 808 Autobot

808 Autobot Member

Soundwave was always one of my favorite Decep's back in the day. I missed the MP Soundwave release as I just recently started collecting Transformers again.... I guess I'll look for the the TR release at my local Toys R Us. The only gripe I have about him is the gun

17. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you are only buying a few figures, it's definitely cheaper to go CHUG over MP. If you are collecting the whole line, I would argue that MP is actually cheaper simply because there are fewer figures released.

I just love the fun factor of these toys. Sound wave's scale doesn't necessarily fit with CHUG but his look does. I just like sitting down on the floor and playing with these guys with my kids.

18. METROCON

METROCON Well-Known Member

Looks great... but I'm painting that Yellow visor. :rolleyes2 

19. cloudballoon

cloudballoon Well-Known Member

Someone needs to modify the mini Megatron gun that's included in every Seeker & Soundwave MP figures with a 5mm peg handle so the mainline Leader/Voyager molds like this TR SW can hold Megatron as a gun!

20. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

Really wish this figure was a voyager instead... would fit in much better with my mostly deluxe and voyager collection.