TFW2005 Sound-Off! - Which Masterpiece Rodimus Will You Get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kickback, Oct 13, 2010.

?

TFW2005SO: Which Masterpiece Rodimus Figure Will You Buy?

1. Takara-Tomy Rodimus Convoy

33.8%
  2. Hasbro Rodimus Prime

24.3%
  3. Both!

21.9%
  4. Not buying either.

8.0%
  5. Not sure yet.

12.1%
  1. Absolute

Absolute Evil Autobot

Ebay:
    Takara Easily... I was all for picking up the protector armor until the takara masterpiece was announced. I'm still getting a set of the shadow scyther armor, but nobody in their right mind could pass on MP rodimus prime with trailer... i may pick that up the US version, but that depends on how nice it looks which i doubt will beat the Japanese one.

2. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I might end up getting both but for sure Takara's version and then wait and see what Hasbro has come back with once theirs gets released.

3. Plastic Man

Plastic Man The Man in Black

I chose the Hasbro version.

Originally, I wanted the Takara version, but after reading through this thread and thinking about X-mas coming up, I value the huge difference in price more than the trailer. I really want both, but I'm on a wait and see mentality. I'm not really in a big rush to have MP Rodimus, so I could wait for the US release.

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Hasbro. Because if your going to display it in robot mode anyway why bother with the Trailer/ battle base thing.

Hot Rods car is dead on the best the 80s scifi concepts could push to the limits. Though it would'nt be a stretch to say its a cross between a 50's muscle car and a modern turbo charged sportscar.

I wanted a masterpiece hotrod regardless of the face change. Hotrod is the scope of my focus here. Such a iconic character in Transformers Lore. The chosen one, the witty and battle ready hero ready to rush into action with Righteousness measured far above caution. Now if we could get a fishing Pole and daniel minifig. Then that would be nifty for the full 1986 "The Transformers The Movie" focus.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Not a big fan of imports, going for the US version most likely.

6. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Both, tyvm.

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    am i the only one who caught the 'subdue the fans' as opposed to appease? :lol 

takatomy, natch.

8. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    Takara version preordered as of today. I refuse to buy a toy that has two vehicle modes, but can only use one because a fundamental component is missing. It's like buying a car with three wheels to save some money. Sure, three of them turn just fine, but without the fourth, it's just not complete. I remember the day this was announced I thought to myself: "oh my god. That is just amazing." then I thought to myself: "oh my god. I just admitted that I'm excited about a hot rod figure." yes it was on that day that I acknowledged the truth: Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime are just as iconic as Optimus, and my fondest memories of my childhood include the transformers, and I watched that series until the bitter end. That means, as it does for all who fill these same shoes, that the importance of these two characters will never be forgotten. To have these two figures in one, perfectly presented by the master crafts-persons at takara, is a blessing, and to accept it in any form but the one that fully realizes this magnificent vision would be an insult to those dedicated and talented designers who obviously have a love for the character.

But that's just me. I can't wait to get mine. The way it was meant to be. January can't come soon enough!
    -A.S.

9. David

David . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not buying either. No reason to buy either when Fansprojects is about to release a true masterpiece.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    takara, i like my mps complete

11. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both! I want Rodimus and Hot rod!

12. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    never liked the trailer on him to begin with so its not a big thing to loose for me. dont dig the whole sports car Winnebago look

i'll grab the hasbro version DEPENDING on quality of plastics and construction. they did a great job with grimlock....i actually prefer their version of him over the takara

13. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

eh im not sure...depends on what the accersories are and how mmany there are, but i do like the trailer

14. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I voted for "Not buying either". I can't justify spending $200 on a figure for a character I don't particularly care about. For $100, it would be an easy buy. $125 tops. That character at that price? I don't care how nice the figure is (and it is nice!) I can't justify spending that much on Rodimus Prime.

On the other hand, is Rodimus Prime really worth getting without the trailer? Even at Hasbro's price, do I really need another Masterpiece Hot Rod? I already have Alternators Rodimus. I don't need a second version of a character I don't really care about. Maybe on clearance, since it is a nice figure. Of course in BC, Masterpiece figures don't go on clearance since they all fly off the shelves. ;-)

So I probably won't get either one.

15. Fighbird

Fighbird Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I need to see better pictures of the final product before I make up my mind - and yes, it also depends on what Hasbro will include with their version.

Was a big, big fan of the G1 Hot Rod toy and it's "futuristic" car design - but the MP is just a bit too round-ish and cartoon-y in design for me. Big props for the quadruple mode thing, but I need more input! More input!

16. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I am one that will get both Tak/Tom & Hasbro,because I want Rodimus with his trailer and
    Hot Rod with all his rumored accessories like his target master,fishing pole,and etc..Even
    tho I would love to get about 3 or 4 of each I just ain't made of money so I am sticking
    with one of each.

17. Fireconvoy

Fireconvoy New Member

I voted for the TakaraTomy's version. But, I'll wait to see images about the Hasbro's version before to spend $200 in a figure that represent a character that I don't really like. (Stupid Rodimus, Optimus died by your fault!!)

18. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Both, got the takara one on pre-order for rodimus prime (i can not live without the trailer) and will get the hasbro one for hot rod

everyone is like "it is incomplete" blah blah blah, it isn't masterpiece rodimus prime, the hasbro release is masterpiece HOT ROD! with a bonus rodimus prime robot mode

and i still don't see why there are people that think the hasbro release will have leftover rodimus prime vehicle mode parts, the entire rodimus prime alt mode is basically contained in the trailer, all you do is drive the car into the trailer and fold the cab from the trailer over the back of the alt mode and turn the spoiler around, that is it mostly (adjust the chrome pipes on hot rod for the mode as well)

19. DrArkeville

DrArkeville Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have already placed a pre-order for the Takara version and will probably stick with that one. The US version will have to include some very special things if I am going to even consider it. Rodimus have must have his trailer!

20. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

I have no qualms admitting I'll be getting the hasbro version. I know i should probably adjust for inflation but for me the problem with the MP line since after MP-01 has been paying more than I did for Optimus, for a smaller figure. But here we've got two bot modes and two alt modes so technically he's a quadruple changer, plus he's Hot Rod AND Rodimus! TOTALLY worth it!

Now as to why hasbro over takara... I don't care how [email protected]$* he is i'm not paying over $100 for his trailer.

I will be building my own thank you. Even if mine doesn't transform and is made of cardboard. :wink: