TFW2005 SDCC 2015 Hasbro Generations Panel Live!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jul 9, 2015.

1. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

I can't believe the hate for the name 'betatron'

Since the advent of computers and the internet got somewhat popular, it does not surprise me that the name computron may have issues getting passed...

2. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    They made a comment to the effect of Betatron being a beta version of another combiner during the panel (see the All Spark's feed). So I think we will being some form of the other Technobots at some point.

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Robots ams metals Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'm guessing in the "running change" wave with the silver-chested Onslaught, we'll get the rest of the Technobots. Or at the very least, Takara will save the day.

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Am the only one that is slightly bummed, but not at all upset? We might get the toys later on and it gives a chance for many of us to fill gaps in our collections of older toys. It´s unpleasant sure, but it´s not the end of the world.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sooo... no news on "Titan Wars"?

6. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I enjoy how The love of any given TF is virtually non-existent until Hasbro does anything....then they are accused by all 12 of the G1 toys fans of spending tens of thousands of dollars to say "Eff You"

:rolleyes2 

Computron was the only thing that I felt was missing from Botcon, and we got a "He's coming....but he's a darn ways off" today. that's good enough for me.

7. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    People are acting like they stuck random limbs on Scattershot and called him Computron. Don't you think it's rather telling that they didn't use the normal name?

8. Florgeysteve

Florgeysteve Well-Known Member

I'm rather disappointed that there are no plans for a new Predaking. Considering the fact that he was the winner of the fan poll and that Beast wars will having it's 20th anniversary It feels like a missed opportunity.

9. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:

It will also be at least $70 cheaper than you can get MP-11. I'm a little disappointed but I can't complain too much.

I will complain about that this pretty much seals this year as a 2 MP Hasbro year. I was hoping Starscream was going to release soon and then maybe they'd squeeze in another release later this year. Looks doubtful.

I'm annoyed that someone finally asked a MP related question and it's about a rumored Takara release. How about just asking where they're headed with the MP line in the US?

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't understand this at all... Other than the Fireflight having a faceplate, everything about the Quickslinger head is far more accurate to Blast Off. From the side plates that go up his face, to his eyes, his forehead, they're all better.

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    I'm pretty much on board with this. I've defended their choices with the other teams. I don't mind Alpha Bravo and we did get Slingshot eventually. I like Off-Road and we got Wildrider as an exclusive too. Rook is cool and Groove still exists if you have to have him, but he'll be a chest plate. Blast Off... we still don't know which head he'll be using.

But this? This is stupid. Why give us only one of the Technobots? If they plan to do the others later at least say so.

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Just be patient and wait for them to release the rest of the limbs then.
    Or just get a 3rd party Computron, it's not like there isn't any at all.

If I can wait for a new Astrotrain after ten years of waiting, you can wait to get a new Computron.

13. todzilla85

todzilla85 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    soooo looks like most of my money is going to takara next year. i like their decos of superion, menasor and defensor better than takara, but takara is giving me groove so that out ways that. odds are takara is doing a proper blast off as well so they will probably win me over with bruticus as well.

And now they are releasing scattershot without any of his comrades, instead giving him repaints of crap i dont want. what a giant kick in the balls that is, for shame hasbro, for shame. I have faith that takara will at least give me decent representation of a g1 computron. I actually really like that scattershot too...

God damnit hasbro you started off almost doing things right, then threw it right in the shitter

So next year looks like im getting
    hasbro:
    skylynx(will never combine)
    pipes(just to have some representation)
    chopshop
    buzzsaw

and thats it.......

takara:
    defensor
    bruticus
    probably computron

Also no mention of titan wars again? WTF

14. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or he's going to be another Galvatronus. Computron may be the first time I pick up the Unite Warriors version just to get the other Technobots.

15. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I'm satisfied with 4 complete combiners. I wish they didn't go all out on the autobot combiners. Those 8 non traditional combiner autobots budget could have been used for the technobots deluxes, but I'm staying calm and waiting for them. As of right now I plan on grabbing bruticus, sky linx and scattershot. I have no interest for the Optimus prime combiners and victorion.

16. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    And in the future we very well may. But it takes 2 years to make a TF. it's been....3 weeks? since botcon.

17. avonekgrey

avonekgrey Super Robot

A little disappointed in Scattershot. They didn't change his botmode chest or his gun nor did they change the combined mode chest so he just looks like Silverbolt/Superion with a slightly different head and colors. The vehicle mode looks alright but I kind of wanted the gun nose to be larger and his wings to be part of his arms. Scattershot was a pretty beefy techno gunjet. It would have been cool if there places to mount all the hand/foot guns on him. I'm pretty sure we'll see more technobots later on.

18. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Having one Computron piece gives me hope that 2017 will bring a new budget with four more limbs. Four more limbs! Four more limbs!

19. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    Wasn't a suggestion of stealing as such, just a note that the name was used in a long-gone 'me too' changing robot line.. One that might not be really known in a lot of markets.

But i do know more about Micronauts now than i did five minutes ago :-}

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That was kind of my thought, only my thought didn't manage to be quite so concise and burn-worthy.