TFW2005 Roundtable Chat with the Transformers Team

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Cadeho

Cadeho Well-Known Member

upload_2021-4-15_17-4-30.png

• Like Like x 5
  2. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
  3. Cobra

Cobra Have been lost for awhile

"The Amazon exclusive Coneheads have been on backorder since last year, no one in Canada received any for example. Is there a 2nd production run of this being done? – Cybertron.ca

Hasbro was not aware of the issue Amazon was having fulfilling the exclusive seeker 2 pack. They are going to look at the possibility of doing a 2nd production run or a rerelease in the future, however."

There is no way Hasbro was not aware of the issues with the coneheads. It has been all over the place. If they half pay attention to collects they knew this. I'm still hoping for another run. My Ramjet has a bad misfired shoulder pin.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cadeho

Cadeho Well-Known Member

Sorry just seeing this after posting. Brawn is tiny now compared to even Bumblebee who is supposed to be the smallest. I am sure they'll get them all to scale as they should. Titans Return was good, but we deserve better since they've upped the bar.

• Like Like x 2
  5. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I cannot stress how many times I've made these kinds of comments, yet people STILL keep asking these same types of questions.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Same song, new scale

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trooper028

Trooper028 Well-Known Member

If we’re getting more BW I hope for a leader class TM Megatron. That was Megatron at his best.

Honestly which transmetals do they really need to redo and who could they just reissue?

• Like Like x 5
  8. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I'm not interested in scale, myself.

Now, don't get me wrong. For those who DO want figures to be in a consistent scale, I'm not really against Hasbro making such figures. I don't think ALL figures need to be in-scale, though (see current core class Prime, Starscream, etc.), nor do I think prioritizing an "in-scale Brawn" over getting characters that have never gotten updated figures ever is the right way to go.

But I'm all for giving people different choices, such that everybody can find at least something they like.

• Like Like x 5
  9. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly this. Personally I feel it would be MUCH better to say:
    The fans are SUPER keen to get the rest of... done (in this case, the remaining G1 Sunbow show characters that haven’t had a redo yet, as they look in the cartoon) we just want to make you aware, is there a way we can show you just who we want the most?

I feel the next trilogy will likely be Seasons 2-3 of BW, remaining G1 season 1-3 characters who haven’t had a redo, a few UT figures thrown in along with obscure repaints/retools.

As others have mentioned I’d much prefer the focus on ‘87+ G1 like new Powermasters, Sureshot/Crosshairs/Needlenose etc with earlier guys like the Omnibots & Dlx Insecticons getting done, but so long as there’s a balance of everything I feel that’s the way forward.

I see no reason why next year’s line couldn’t have a lineup like BW Inferno, Quickstrike, Depth Charge, G1 Squeezeplay, Pointblank, Blitzwing, Gears, Shrapnel plus Armada Optimus & Tidal Wave (among others, but you get the picture)

There’d be something for everyone there, and it’d feel like no one group is getting left behind.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

We need figures of post movie G1 characters, for example blitzwing is good for now with the thrilling 30 and Titans return ones to choose from, brawn and windcharger got figures in Titans return. And beachcomber, seaspray cosmos got figures in potp sub line. So most of the G1 season 1 and 2 figures are good for now maybe in five or so years redo them but let’s get to late 80s early 90s characters that either weren’t done properly in the early part of generations or haven’t gotten a figure since the original. First let’s get pretenders, omnibots, predators, , the remaining turbomasters, deluxe insecticons (ransack and those) and the countless other post movie G1 and G2 bots, more beast wars and start updating UT, 2001RID and some of the other shows.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Cadeho

Cadeho Well-Known Member

You know... I think we all seem to forget G1 Sandstorm. His G1 toy was one of the best. They could totally redo him like they did with Grapple who isn't too far from his original transform.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

They could probably just reissue depth charge and call it a day.

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X It's a hobby. Remember to have some perspective.

News Credits:
    NO questions about Cyberverse or Botbots? From anyone? Boooo.

14. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am glad to see they’re at least committed to trying to complete groups and sets. The future may change, but at least they recognize we want them all.

Armada Prime would definitely be cool to finally get.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

Totally agree with part of your comment and thanks for pointing it out. The Thrilling 30 and RTS era had some really cool stuff in it, nice transformations, interesting character design updates. I could always still open a soda after transforming one, which I can't always say now.
    Having said that, I do hope that they finish the siege scale stuff if for no other reason than I'd like to have shelves that look vaguely like one another. It seems we never finish an era with all the main bots looking alike before we start a new design strategy. The fact that they are sticking with it is to be applauded.
    However, after they finish these "19" or whatever, let's get back to fun designs that look like the twenty-first century, not a two year period in the eighties!

• Like Like x 1
  16. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeah, we got a basically perfect Brawn in TR, I'd much, much rather see the Omnibots or Deluxe Insecticons then a redo of Brawn that'd like be almost the same figure but slightly larger with ankle tilts or a figure that REALLY needs a redo like Broadside.

• Like Like x 6
  17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Banned

News Credits:
    I'm there with you, but WfC has opened Pandora's Box. Now the expectation is everyone on the show gets a screen-accurate figure or it's a failure.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm a bit detached from it all, but it seems like for a lot of these characters it's a "yes, but" scenario. I feel like most of the Minibots and even the Insecticons were done pretty definitively well in their Prime Wars Trilogy, except the scale. And the Minibots who have gotten Deluxe figures in the WFC Trilogy were ones that were not done "definitively" well or had their own mold, like Huffer (OP repaint), Warpath (Megatron repaint), and Cliffjumper (not done at all). So there is really not all that much to be gained by new versions of them besides "scale", which is not the end-all be-all to all people. It's the same view I have on CW Devastator.

• Like Like x 5
  19. IronWaveJRG

IronWaveJRG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Dude, Studio Series had freacking ROTF Soundwave looking NOTHING like he did in the movie, and Crankcase as a Crowbar repaint, Devastator is also off the CGI model (but in his case its understandable). So SS isn't dead on accurate all the time

20. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Regarding the Wallmart questions, it would have been nice to see someone ask about how other countries who don't have a Wallmart can get these exclusives. But I get this is through a US lens, and the answer probably varies per region, so all good

I'm assuming the Dinobots and Insecticons will be filled in via '86 so I'm good with that. Really keen for the S2 minibots to be redone to match the latest design aesthetic along with Blaster and Blitzwing.

But seriously, I'm holding out for non-screen G1 Transformers. You can already see with the Beast Wars stuff coming, soon it will be Armada and on it will go. Which is fine, other lines need their time in the sun, but please finish G1 before moving on. We'll always get new versions of the 84 cast but these guys here, if we don't get them soon I doubt we ever will:

Autobot Targetmasters (Mainly Sureshot for me)
    Autobot Powermasters (Mainly Slapdash for me)
    Deluxe Insecticons
    Firecons
    Triggerbots
    Triggercons
    Omnibots
    Sparkabots
    Throttlebots
    Headmaster Jr's
    Monstructor

I'd love a redo of Darkwing and Dreadwind, love those guys, they deserve better.

Sadly I concede defeat on the Pretenders, however if Hasbro can complete the above list that would be tops. It would probably be the first and last toy for a lot of those characters since the original G1.

Massive opportunity lost if it doesn't happen.

• Like Like x 8