TFW2005 Roundtable Chat with the Transformers Team

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Apr 15, 2021.

1. decepticonaiden

decepticonaiden Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    While I understand this idea, I personally prefer the transformations we have. I don't really find them that finicky or difficult, and actually find them kind of straight forward. For me, WFC has been a really good line for transformations. I found a lot of the Prime Wars trilogy to be really boring, especially in CW. Now, granted, I grew up in the RotF era, so maybe I'm a bit more used to complex transformations, as it's what got me into the the series. Someone who grew up on G1 or the Armada trilogy might prefer simpler conversions as that's what they grew up on.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for this. Surprised no one brought up the Prowl/Ironhide or Ratchet/Lifeline sets,or all the QC issues in Earthrise. And no offense to the person who summarized this, but I'd love to see a full transcript.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Pillowman7

Pillowman7 This gonna be bananas

I think it\'s safe to say that we\'ll primarily see more G1 and BW characters post-Kingdom Generations hopefully some UT stuff thrown in the mix. 

4. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

Motormaster 2022.

• Like Like x 4
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus The figure’s back matters

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’m not the one who said transformations are somehow tied to fucking oil prices. Prices are going up regardless so it’s down to the designers.

6. Pillowman7

Pillowman7 This gonna be bananas

I think it\'s safe to say that we\'ll primarily see more G1 and BW characters post-Kingdom Generations hopefully some UT stuff thrown in the mix. 

7. e prime

e prime Chosen by the matrix

Interesting discussion. Curious if they will retool kingdom Galvatron into Shattered glass Megatron?

8. faciov42

faciov42 Well-Known Member

I will still waiting for my Powermasters Generations update.:tumbleweed: :rip 

• Like Like x 4
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Hasbro wouldn't comment on a leak/rumor in that regard. At least not in any way that'd be valuable.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ed Eff

Ed Eff Active Member

IMO, the Siege line is a huge step forward for the Transformers brand. Space mud was a talking point. But the quality of the figures rose above that.
    Fun conversions. Rotating wrists, Ankle tilt (as a standard) and G1 sculpted decos are prevelant. What more does a G1 collector want for this price point? LOL

The Studio 86 line is a well timed fluke. As the LA movie casts are drying up / changing. So, I\'m all in for a \"clean\" Springer, Astrotrain, Perceptor, and Insecticons...

• Like Like x 4
  11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    seriously????

I mean, we know they have team members that pay attention to the boards.
    at least encouraging they sounded more open to the idea of re-reun then the usual no comments that made up a lot of the answers.

• Like Like x 2
  12. O.Supreme

O.Supreme Defender of the Ark

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, there is a long way to go before \"Sticking the Landing\" I know it\'s hard to sell toys without an Optimus and Megatron each year, but we need more characters that haven\'t had a proper update ever. I wont be satisfied until we get most if not all the Japanese characters redone. We don\'t need to redo any of the prevous combiners until we first get Raiden (TT MP??) Dinoking and/or Monstructor, RoadCaesar, Landcross, Battle Gaia, Guard City, and G2 Defensor (If they want easy repaints, those last 3 should be the easiest). 

Not to mention Star Saber and Deszaurus, both CC would be nice. 

• Like Like x 4
  13. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

Arcee is exactly movie accurate. She's literally the animation model robot which you (terribly) fold into her animation model vehicle. That they were striving for animation model accuracy (akin to hot rod and kup and the others) is WHY she transforms the way she does.

• Like Like x 9
  14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Oh God, we're never going to hear the end of the "sticking the landing" thing.

People are already interpreting that to mean whatever personally appeases them.

Yup. Even the MP winds up with a massive backpack worth of car parts for exactly the same reason.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Cadeho

Cadeho Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to getting the rest of the minibots done in the new scale. It sounds favorable for Gears and even Skids who are the redheaded stepchildren of G1 it seems. We still need Blaster, Perceptor and Blitzwing who aren't headmasters. I hope Hasbro finishes the sets or redo the Headmaster juniors, Targetmasters, double Targetmasters, and Powermasters done in cartoon accuracy... it seems like we'll get them, eventually. Eventually vs no... I'll take eventually.

• Like Like x 2
  16. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm actually curious who those 19 are, especially if they're "on-screen." I didn't think there were THAT many left to cover in G1....

• Like Like x 1
  17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    The article breaks it down at the end, I think.

• Like Like x 1
  18. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Some fans have been asking for in-scale figures for years. Others have been saying it shouldn't matter so much.

If they can make a large-size Bumblebee feature that is faithful to the character and has lots of fun play features, I don't want concerns about "scale" stopping them.

19. Primus00

Primus00 Creator

I may have mentioned this before but we fans need these Earthrise versions of Meijin/Mirage, Lambor/Sideswipe, Rumble, Frenzy, Buzzsaw, Omega Supreme, and Earthrise Gun Megatron. I should add that some siege figures would be nice too such as Bumble and Wheeljack.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  20. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Thanks for pointing me there. Clearly, they're talking about something utterly different than I am. I mean, the first name on the list is Brawn, who we've gotten several times since G1 (two times within Titans Return alone!).

I'd much rather see some obscure G1 nods (who may well never have been in the cartoon) before getting more of Brawn.

• Like Like x 6