TFW2005 Roundtable Chat with the Transformers Team

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Apr 15, 2021.

1. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    If i had to wager what the meant by that is molds within the last 6 or so main Generations Lines The Prime Wars Trilogy and the current WFC Trilogy.

2. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great Q&A and some promising answers in there. Happy to hear Generations is opening up to more of the entire Transformers legacy. I like that about CHUG.

I wonder if the no comment on Armada Prime is because rather than it being a special one-off kind of thing, they now plan to incorporate more of other lines into Generations as they said, in which case we might get more Armada homages sprinkled into a subline and they're holding off for that potentially?

As for my personal wishlist... I will just wait patiently for the fully functional, big, chunky, gimmicks-intact G2 Dreadwing that will probably never happen and that only I would buy. :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  3. octobotimus

octobotimus The figure’s back matters

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Figures aren’t that fun anymore even from a transformation sense. SS86 hotrod of for example. Is he accurate and well scaled? Sure. Is he fun to pose? Yes. But he is fiddly to transform and annoying. I picked up a dotm bee I had lying around afterwards and immediately remembered how much more fun it was. I can do it in a minute and it isn’t fiddly.

Figures have started being too much like collectibles when they are just toys. And the only excuse I ever hear is “do you want them to go back to prime wars quality?”. No, I don’t. I want them to go back to something like The HFTD and Dotm era. Where gimmicks didn’t hinder the entire figure, and the figures were still large, fun, and not super fiddly.

Scale ruined fun and the 12 billion comments getting mad about whenever I say it only prove that.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats every QnA. At least no one asked who their favorite transformer is or if they were a transformer what would they turn into because that used to happen. At least most of them were good questions like quality and distribution and what exclusives are decided

• Like Like x 1
  5. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

They were only asked about the cone heads. Sure it would have been nice if they had expanded upon it themselves, but that’s really the fault of the person who asked the question and then didn’t follow up on it.

Where would all those fit in the line though? Hasbro doesn’t seem to like to repeat the same mold twice in the same wave or even in consecutive waves. How long would be waiting on the six main seekers if they were all going to be mainline? And which figures are we cutting out from Kingdom to make room for them and the Datsuns and Ratchet and Iron hide? Personally I like how they did it. We got way more figures faster this way. Getting all six seekers in one year was ASTOUNDING. But they need to reissue them for those who didn’t get them.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Mattymo

News Credits:
    exactly. Sorry folks but 1984-1985 is just a shit ton of repaints and retools and they don’t want the same molds flooding the shelves. Sorry but they gotta go somewhere else

• Like Like x 6
  7. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

Well there is SS and summer exclusives, target and Amazon mainly with maybe a couple of things from Walmart. But there is a fan first Friday in may. I expect wave 4 of kingdom will be debuted sometime in the summer, cuz if they are going to do another pulsecon I would expect them to show the 2021 line there just like last year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trooper028

Trooper028 Well-Known Member

Yes to this I need Ramjet and Dirge. I am not paying $300 for them!

Voyager Silverbolt and Deluxe TM2 BA.

They should do a Waspinator that you can take apart.

Yay. Me want ALL the Dinobots!

As Megatron would say, Yesss...

I'd love this since I missed out on them before.

I need Blaster's Cassettes so bad!

• Like Like x 3
  9. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we just have different definitions of "fun" then because SS86 Hot Rod is one of the most fun transformations ever for me but to each their own.

• Like Like x 11
  10. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair to SS hotrod, he is on the more fun side compared to other new figures. He is a bit fiddly but not too bad.

11. Mattymo

News Credits:
    100% agreed. He’s an amazing toy and I can’t stop transforming mine.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Their Titans seem to sell, so makes sense they'd make more. I'm hoping the Ark will be retooled into the Nemesis.

13. PloverNutter

PloverNutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you mean by fiddly though? I guess I just don’t understand how any of the WFC figures could be called fiddly when compared to older figures.

• Like Like x 2
  14. PrimasLunarianOffspring

PrimasLunarianOffspring Member

If they reissue the seeker two pack, then I'm cancelling the order I placed for it on every for twice the price

• Like Like x 1
  15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Like people don't want gaps but then don't want the complexity to close them up.

• Like Like x 7
  16. sutaseiba94

sutaseiba94 スターセイバー

so... when's the nemesis coming? :D 

• Like Like x 2
  17. CeramicPigs

CeramicPigs Well-Known Member

Actually that's true about people never being satisfied with the scale. But there will be complainers no matter what. I don't see anything wrong with attempting proper scale. Although I don't think it compromises the fun as much as you say it does. Even before theu started focusing on scale there were plenty of figures that were fiddly or just not fun.

• Like Like x 5
  18. octobotimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just some of the figures are too complex or have parts that are too small for their size. They become way to annoying to transform with tiny little pieces that can easily be broken off or snap and only exist for tiny asthetics.
    Older figures either smartly hid the hollowness or were hollow inside. Complexity can only go so far on something as tiny as a deluxe. Masterpieces are made for complexity.

19. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

Wow, so they straight up said "yeah, you're gonna get all the classic g1 characters." That's awesome! Can't wait to see the designs for characters like pipes, brawn and cosmos!

• Like Like x 3
  20. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't disagree with you that I prefer toys that are fun over toys that are accurate to media, but in the case of things like Studio Series, most of those characters have already gotten "play-driven toys", so isn't it fine to try to do super-accurate engineering-driven versions?

• Like Like x 1