TFW2005 Roundtable Chat with the Transformers Team

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

Yes we do. Because
    A) those characters tend to be more popular than the ones they haven’t done.
    B) the redone characters look far, far better than the ones from just a few years ago.
    C) A lot of current collectors weren’t collecting then.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Compared to what the gi joe team answered, this is really nothing and the team didnt tease new classified reveals

3. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Given some of the amazing designs they've made in this WfC trilogy line, I believe they can make some good designs. Just look at third party companies for influence.

This is a recent 3rd party non-Masterpiece Gears...

[​IMG]

I can picture Hasbro coming up with something pretty close to this with less plastic. LOL But I'm really excited for how they're planning on continuing the way the line has been going to not only finish the G1 casts, but get into Beast Wars full on.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

That was a lot of talking....with not much being said.

5. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I think more than a few posters on these boards have trouble remembering that. I suppose it is the double edge sword of having a literal "he tell me" thread running endlessly in the News and Rumors section.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Are you assuming that sticking to a scale somehow hinders quality? WFC wouldn’t have been such a huge success if the figures weren’t fun, well sculpted and designed. The fact that they scale with each other is just a really nice bonus.

I mean, if you can give specific examples on how scale severely hindered a specific figure, I’d like to know.

We all have our preferences but I just don’t understand why some fans treat scale as a problem that hurts the toy’s design. Sure, fans argue about “correct” size of a figure but that has nothing to do about the quality of the toy’s design. That’s just a matter of preference.

Lastly, many other toylines stick to a very specific scale. For example: Superman isn’t 1.5x larger then Batman, Doomsday is gonna be overall much larger then Lois Lane. What’s so wrong with TFs getting some of that similar treatment? It’s a super relevant aesthetic choice for a lot of fans.

• Like Like x 11
  7. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I think the fact literally nothing was asked about the horrible distribution of the Generations Line or improving upon it's Distribution is kind of terrible.

Getting the figures is hard enough as it is. Intentionally Short packing certain figures while making 200 of these exclusives most can't ever get tells me one primary thing.

They are intentionally appealing to the Scalper Crowd only it seems like.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Chareos

Chareos Needs New Omnibots

News Credits:
    Please!

• Like Like x 9
  9. TheSuperion

TheSuperion Harold, They're Lesbians.

Did you read the same interview I did? They literally said they're considering a second production run of the coneheads because they didn't realize Amazon was gonna drop the ball.

• Like Like x 4
  10. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    the coneheads only?

Those should never have been Exclusives to begin with. Neither should Thrust or Skywarp and Thundercracker or Ratchet or Ironhide or Prowl or a multitude of other Main cast characters. Short packing the Quintessons and the sweeps was also a massive mistake. Creating false Scarcity just for the sake of creating false rarity and value is not cool at all to the average collector who can't find any of it to complete their collections. Hasbro aren't stupid. They Know G1 Sells. They know after 40 years we are still just as rabd as ever in trying to complete our G1 Cast.

Spare me their robotic Her-derrr "we had no idea" this and that replies. They are a cut throat business they know precisely what is going on.

• Like Like x 5
  11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Also, I would have asked about playsets. The Ark feels like a genuine misfire (called it) in not providing collectors with a definitve Ark playset, whether it be designed for core class or with a true open plan playset where it's no problem for full-sized figures to interact. The current titan Ark is pretty much just a display piece and not much more.

But I'm glad Hasbro shot down the idea we're no longer getting titans, although that lends itself to "where do we go from here?". I'd be down for either a new Metroplex or a new Metroplex-style titan in orange called "Autobot City". ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  12. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

Come on Polar Claw!

• Like Like x 3
  13. WolverineDragon

WolverineDragon Brother Lombax

Most corporate persons or teams tend to evade or dodge questions when asked due to either NDA, or they really don't have anything to share.

• Like Like x 1
  14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    They were never "confirmed," but the leakers said it. Would have been interesting to ask about that art and who was depicted on it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don’t care about “on screen” characters so much as the obscure ones. I’d love new Insecticons, but dammit, I want a full set of new deluxe Insecticons to go with them. Also a set of Omnibots with extra modes like the original toys have. If Tracks can have his, so can the Omnibots.

I also want to see a full set of Targetmasters (1987 Autobots and most 1988) and Headmasters (all of the 1988 ones)

• Like Like x 11
  16. GAUGE

GAUGE ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    No worries. It's a common Practice. most of us know at this point in the game. Also some of the questions asked weren't all that good to begin with. more common sense than anything.

I mean we just had a huge reveal. Of course there isn't much left to talk about right now. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  17. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    this is the design and marketing people. Distribution is handled by logistics, a totally different group of people.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They revealed taht retired molds might be used in the future and for SG characters..... Hrmmmm.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    We're the coneheads just a problem in Canada or were they one in the states too?

Plus if there is a possibility of a rerelease I hope they are more than just Amazon. Hopefully pulse, BBTS or any others.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Exactly. Complain to Walmart and Target for their crap distribution. Just be aware that toys are hugely insignificant for them because they sell so little of them.

Regarding exclusives— if we didn’t have exclusive figures, we wouldn’t have them at all. Period. This doesn’t mean it’s not frustrating hunting them down, it just the reality of the situation.

All this stuff has been repeated by other posters. TFs are very popular and highly valued but you still can’t change the reality about distribution and the limits on how many mainline figures get produced each year.

• Like Like x 6