TFW2005 Reviews Transformers - War For Cybertron (Xbox 360)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Joe Moore, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The real Bill Cosby is ashamed of your language.
    And welcome to 2010 Game Marketing.
    How have you been?

2. ToddJumper

ToddJumper Toddimus

Ebay:
    Got my copy tonite. But the Activision registration servers must be overloaded, unable to create an account to redeem my Shockwave - damnit. Anyone else having this problem?

3. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I tend to do the same. I only make exceptions for must haves. Like Devil May Cry, God of War 3, War for Cybertron:) 

4. ToddJumper

ToddJumper Toddimus

Ebay:
    Here is the 1st Level of the Wii Version of the game.
    As you can see its a totally different game, mostly either driving / spyhunter type shootemup or walking around sniping other robots from a distance. So far I have only seen Level 1 and 2 - overall I think the Wii version would still provide a fun experience for kids or the average gamer, but imo fails in comparison to War for Cybertron.

YouTube - Transformers Cybertron Adventures -- Level 1

5. ToddJumper

ToddJumper Toddimus

Ebay:
    Actually looks like that same guy has posted up to level 6 of the Wii Version of the game so be warned major spoilers for anyone who intends on purchasing it, but then again good to see what you may or may not be wasting your moolah on.

6. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

On the second decepticon level. It's awesome but Damn me accidentally transforming Starscream to bot mode and plummeting into dark energon soup :mad: 

7. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

Yeah can't get my shockwave yet either. Good news is there are 30 other cool characters I never played with. Shockwave can wait :) 

8. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Broadband is only require for online play. The hdd space may be for a mandatory install. Not sure as I haven't gotten the ps3 version yet.

9. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for posting something about the Wii version... even if it is disappointing.

10. alien

alien Command

Is awesome man.... any screen shot of Trypticon?

11. Tom-1

Tom-1 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who was surprised that Brawl's voice is almost IDENTICAL to his G1 version?

I mean, he's always been a fairly background-ish type of character, so if they took a few liberties with him it might not have been noticed... but he's got that same exact gravely, gurgly, vaguely southern tone his G1 counterpart did.

Very surprising!

Tom

12. Argroh Valdios

Argroh Valdios Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder if the Wii version is any different, and also, if the DS versions will be something worth it...

13. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

yes, i beat the campaign the autobot campaign was much better then the decepticon one

14. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

Yeah! I played as him on the first level. Great voice on him and Thundercracker also sounds like G1, brooklyn tough (unless I'm confusing him with Skywarp. The voices are all pretty good. Not in love with Starscream, it's vaguely Chris Ladaish - but Megatron's voice is really weak. Doesn't hurt the game but he's so clearly a guy doing a voice that it takes you out of the story. So far I'm loving it. Wish I could put my work aside for a week and play play play - alas, I'll have to chip away at it.

Coop story mode is totally fun!

15. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Just played it on ps3. Looks great. Lots of fun, but each mission is waaaay to long. 30+ minutes just for the first stage. Great banter between megatron and his minions. Biggest gripe: the weapons gameplay. no auto-targeting for us simple folks who don't play halo 24/7. Shooting zone is far too narrow. You have to be dead-on for a hit... Yer freakin' megatron with a nuclear bazooka on your arm and you gotta be perfect. Also, there has to be an unlimited ammo code somewhere coz the ammo situation is just silly. I spent 1/2 the first stage with no ammo for megatron. Megatron without his cannon is as embarrassing as Steve Martin hosting the oscars.

16. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Loving the voicework tho. Megatron sounds like movie-megs just without the growl. Wish starscream was Adler. His voice is the weakest so far. Aussi jetfire was great. AI of minions and bots are decent. Provided cover while I, as megs, ran like a sissy to look for enegon. I came back, and all the bots were dead... Go brawl!

17. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

So far, I am very pleased by this game. It blew away my expectations and it's better than I thought. Still trying to get use to the multiplayer kinda suck at it at the moment, lol, but in time I'll get better (hopefully) :lol  just not used to all the controls yet. If I haven't been up forever, I probably would still be playing, though tomorrow I am sure I will be spending a lot of time playing WFC.

18. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    This is what I said somewhere else. In the opening, Optimus is slashing and stuff and you can't do that in the game. It's an instant attack.

19. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

So far, playing as the seekers, Starscream to be specific, is my favorite aspect of this game. His Null Rays are pretty much one hit kills every time and double as a sniper rifle. Factor in unlimited ammo in seeker mode and I think you have the best bots in the game...until I see otherwise. I'm only on the 3rd chapter of the Decepticon campaign.

20. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Well I said I would not get the game but I did. I was playing it last night and wow the eye candy is awesome!! Just looking around is amazing!! Its great to finally see cybertron, the game play is interesting for now as there is no targeting system except you manually moving your weapon but all in all a pretty cool game, I am happy I got it!! Happy fathers day to me!!!