TFW2005 May 2016 Poll - How do you feel about the Titans Return line so far?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, May 1, 2016.

?

How do you feel about the Titans Return line so far?

1. Love it

415 vote(s)
    42.0%
  2. Like it

327 vote(s)
    33.1%
  3. Neutral

158 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Dislike it

69 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Hate it

20 vote(s)
    2.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New Transformers are being made - that deserves a like :) 

2. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

I'm actually calling this one "Irony Master" Optimus Prime. :lol 

Because in the old Marvel continuity talks about how Hi-Q (now known as Apex) ha his mind bond with Optimus Prime's. And honestly, he would be seen less crazy if Prime lived during the Matrix Quest.

Then again... I also see this piece as the potential return of Super Ginrai. :) 

3. das_hermit

das_hermit Decepticons forever!

Much like Combiner Wars I'm not going to get much of it, but I like that HasTakTom are doing it, and the bits that I am going to pick up look pretty sweet.

I do wish they'd done target-master-type Titan Masters instead of all-headmaster types, and of course they're still suffering from cost-cutting compared to the pre-Thrilling 30 lines. That said, the remolding seems well done, the choice of characters they're doing (and the designs thereof) are pretty good (another Scourge/Sweep, and finally a Legends-class Kickback - yay!), and I like that they're keeping on 'pushing the envelope' with things like Combiners and city-bots. Plus the line looks pretty child/play-friendly, which is good for those of us with kids and sales more generally.

So yeah, 'like'.

4. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

I would have liked to have seen the Headmasters and Targetmasters side by side too, but a line wide gimmick is what it is.. I'll still be getting most of these I think. (I voted 'like' rather than love, cos I'm still on the fence about some characters, and some I will be going Takara for)

Regarding Tidal Wave and Nautica- have we even seen them yet? How do we know Nautica's retool is "ill-fitting"?

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I love the line.

Even before getting a single figure in-hand, I can already tell you that Titans Return is far and away my favorite line of Transformers since Classics began. There isn't even a close second place.

And for those complaining that Powermaster Optimus should not be a Headmaster, please watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo0C1oOSyUM

How does G1 Powermaster Optimus' head attach to his body? (at 8:05) UH-OH -- WHOOPS!!

6. TheIchKing

TheIchKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I chose 'neutral.' I like that they're bringing in some old characters, and I am excited that they're making a Sizshot toy!!
    But I don't like that they're giving them the old headmaster details. I don't know, it just looks really odd

7. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

As I said elsewhere, Triggerhappy was also listed with a "Design TBA". And this could mean that they might decide to include his Targetmaster companion. Which is something I hope that either/both Hasbro and/or Takara Tomy do for the Targetmasters. :) 

And if they do, then I will also have both versions. :lol 

Then again... I can also see Takara Tomy doing a redeco of Alpha Trion and having him become "Grand Lio Convoy". And that is because that figure looks similar to his "Leo Prime" form in the 'Prime: Arms Micron' toyline.

8. hendogg1er

hendogg1er Simply A Prime

they should have left optimus as power master instead of a head master

9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Like it. There are only a few things keeping me from LOVING it:

1. This should have been a masters line consisting of both Headmasters and Targetmasters. Not a huge fan of making any and all figures in this line housed under the single gimmick.

2. Making those who don't have deluxe+ figures JUST heads (Nightbeat & Co.). Yeah, I understand that this is way to at least get those characters. But I think the better option would have been to make the Titanmasters Actionmaster partners and brand new faces...and leave the tooling for the classic characters to repaints in Platinum sets....if that makes any sense.

Otherwise, stoked to be focusing on the 1986-88 characters.

10. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

it's a G1 toy.. if kibble is the only requirement to become a headmster... than superion, devestator, defensor and every G1 combiner should become a headmaster because their combiner head is detachable..

11. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    I'm excited, but it's tough to say how I feel about it before it's even hitting store shelves. Maybe this poll would have been better for June?

Either way, I'm not bothered by not-powermaster prime. Things change (transform? XD). That's part of the fandom.

12. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Other than feeling like the headmaster gimmick has been taken to utter and perhaps illogical and egregious extremes, I kind of like what I see so far. A few of the figures-- most notably Weirdwolf-- look like refugees from the Bionocles line, but it's not a deal killer.

Frankly, I have both MP and 3P if I want complex and TV/cartoon accurate representations of my fav G1 figures, so weaker pared down versions like CW and TR aren't all that bad. Just a different take and there's nothing wrong with that.

13. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    It's funny: the posts in this thread read more like 50/50 like-love vs dislike-hate, yet the poll results show ~75% like-love vs ~9.5% dislike-hate.

It's really giving me some pleasant perspective against how negative things can feel around here sometimes.

14. Shempdog

Shempdog Well-Known Member

I voted Neutral as I don't collect these figures. However, I think the new molds that are coming out look good. But I have fears that much like combiner wars, we will get about 6 new molds and several thousand repaints/retools of each mold.

15. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I voted like it.
    I'm happy it renews old characters like Skullcruncher.

I'm a bit in TF fatigue though and am disappointed in the hollowness of the images I've seen so far. I think I'll be passing on many of the characters.

16. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

Powermaster Prime originally was meant to have a Roller unit who became his headmaster. That's what the cubby at the back of his trailer was meant to house. So your point is invalid, since the same can't be said of "helmet" based heads like Bruticus and Co. PMOP had "headmaster" all over him from the early design phases.

17. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am excited! But, it hasn't rally started yet.

18. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Folks can like something but be disappointed in aspects of it at the same time. Not everyone can love 100% of everything all the time.

19. Exinferis

Exinferis Liberate me Ex Inferis!

I went with neutral as, to be perfectly honest, of the figures we've seen so far, there's only one TW one I would buy and that's Galvatron. All the rest I want, namely the figures from The Headmasters, I'll be buying the Takara versions of for accuracy. Any other actual Headmasters I'll certainly get the Takara versions.

Other than Blurr, I probably won't be buying anything that wasn't originally a Headmaster. I won't be "playing" with them, so the gimmick is lost on me. As these are Generations figures and aimed squarely at the adult fan I don't know why this was even considered for non-Headmasters. Headmasters should have the gimmick, everything else should either have a Targetmaster or no gimmick at all.

If Blaster and Soundwave had been Voyager sized and didn't have that ridiculous base mode, I'd likely have bought them. But as they are they're too big and that base mode ruins them for me.

Hasbro aren't really offering much of interest to me, so I'm a bit "meh" on their efforts.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Even in the lines where there has been oh wow I love this figure and oh thank goodness they covered one of my favorite characters you can still find that figure that is just bad or that doesn't work for you personally. Yea the 100% perfect in every little way wave just doesn't happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.