TFW2005 Interview from Hascon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Sep 17, 2017.

1. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    The last 15 years?
    Corporate culture and identity progressively gets more and more "managed" as newer organizational management trends are introduced over time, each pilled on top of the last lot of wank. Just like politicians, corporate entities are also trying to manage the advent of social media and the constant stream of information.
    Additionally, the movies have brought greater attention and brand awareness across the globe, so the brand identity must be maintained and controlled. Hasbro has also mentioned a desire to be an IP company, which puts extra emphasis on managing appearances.

The landscape has changed a lot in 15 years. So much is invested in the corporate image and employees are expected to jump through countless hoops in the name of it. Orson's world won't be happening again. Especially as it ended on a sour note which would have gotten the attention of higher ups.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Five years ago I was at BotCon 2012 getting blasted out of my freaking socks over the return of the Combiner and Deployer gimmicks and the introduction of Voyagers to Generations. Masterpiece was a niche line that only tackled "leader-style" figures, plus that weird anomaly Sideswipe.

I understand why people need to cry in their cereal over nothing every so often, but I don't understand why they have to do it publicly.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    This post is a ray of logical thinking in a whirlpool of entitlement and biased thoughts.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Most of the questions about G1 MP seem like a waste to ask since Hasbro has little to do with what's coming next. Also, the Triplechanger Headmasters are Apeface and Snapdragon, not Skullgrin. :/

Randy

• Like Like x 2
  5. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Most of you guys are forgetting that this is the Transformers Design Team and not the Distribution or Quality Control Team. They are legally bound to what extent they can answer the questions. Any attempt to go outside their scope means not getting that question answered and possibly wasting a question. Remember that we only get a limited number of questions to be answered. We touched upon the whole scope as much as we can: Generations, Movie and even the upcoming Cyberverse. We tried our best to get the interview done within the scope and not wasting the opportunity received.

• Like Like x 10
  6. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
    That's the transformers fandom for you.

They think they're the kings and they treat this hobby as if it were their wifes.

"GET SOME BALLS"

GET A BRAIN.

This interview wasn't trying to change something or make some guy who has nothing to do with the topics you want to talk.

But yeah, anything is useful when it's not affecting you, so stop being mad an interview who wasn't trying to change something with the wrong people.
    [​IMG] T

• Like Like x 5
  7. ruinnatn

ruinnatn Silently Oldschool

For what it's worth I enjoyed your interview and I really am into what Hasbro is doing with TF. I met John at Hascon and he's a super good dude. I know it won't qualm the hate but I just wanted to say I appreciate the effort.

• Like Like x 6
  8. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

Hey, I apologize for bringing the thread to such a negative place, a general lack of communication on Hasbro's end and their shift towards a more corporate ideology has put me in a place where I find myself very frustrated with them. I just got back into collecting a few years ago, and I guess I was thinking of the Hasbro I was used to back when I was a kid. What started with a crabby, hungover post I didn't think anyone would read turned into a conversation that derailed a thread, and that wasn't my intent. While I continue to be frustrated with the lack of communication, distribution, and the heinous stickers, Hasbro's just not the same company, and I get that you were trying. I'm gonna leave it at that.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    Roflcopter engaged. :lolol  :lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Toonstrack

Toonstrack #BringBackBoxBios

I actually dug this, i mean I havent even been following the mpm figures but hopefully we get around to, say, Shockwave and Ill be interested.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fu2kimus

fu2kimus Well-Known Member

The reason I don't think things are better than 5 years ago. Is because Generations has become the mainline, and to me that's a step backwards, I think a lot of the generations stuff is good, but I never wanted it to become the main focus. Basically the Hasbro team comes across to me as just recycling stuff from 30 years ago, again, and again. I mean if you're a huge G1 fan then of course you'll think it's better now than 5 years ago, me I'm getting bored, and fast!

I'm getting burned out. I need something new to focus on again. And that something needs the same care and attention put into it as Generations. I have hopes for Cyberverse cartoon wise as Boulder are a talented bunch. However I don't have much faith in the current Hasbro team to put much budget, or effort into the toy line.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  12. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    No thanks. It's better to be on a high horse than to have your head up your butt over toy robots.

And sorry, but I'm not going to argue perspective with anyone who unironically and passionately throws around words like "genuine creativity" and "artistry" in regards to those same toy robots.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kingfish333

Kingfish333 Well-Known Member

Agree. I'm glad you brought this up. Hasbro has forgotten their place and what made them great. They used to give us figures that we were owed, and now all they care about is their corporate image and left the toys with tons of QC issues, no communication, poor distribution and a systematic disregard and dismantaling of beloved iconic and historic characters.

14. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland Moderator

News Credits:
    They don't owe us a damn thing.

• Like Like x 10
  15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Well, since they think everybody is already loving everything unconditionally, I guess they think we'll keep loving everything placed before us.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I got an idea.

NOTRAB, you me, INTERVIEW. Let's go bro! :bay 

• Like Like x 5
  17. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    +1
    You talk about Notrab like you are the guy or something.

18. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

I was legit trying to end the discussion there. It's not going a healthy place, let's leave it be and agree to disagree, that's why I deleted the older posts.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    First: you forgot that we are also apparently 'entitled jerks'.

Second: as pricy as some of this stuff is getting, a Voyager isn't the amount of a week's worth of groceries.

20. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Trust me, you guys wanna see *real* Hasbro Hate, come on over to JPToys sometime. :)