TFW2005 Interview from Hascon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Re; Cyberverse;

That's a very bold claim!

• Like Like x 1
  2. johnbonhamatron

johnbonhamatron RIP

News Credits:
    Except... all four of the limb bots in my Takara Computron are floppy feckers who'll fall over if you so much as look at them funny. Especially Strafe. Damn good job they live in combined mode, really, but that doesn't change the fact they're some of the floppiest TF figures I've owned in a while.

So, y'know, it's not just a case of Hasbro bad Takara good...

• Like Like x 6
  3. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    All I'm saying is that the Hasbro employees are a lot like all of us, and they rely on the consumers. If what you're doing is working, you won't change anything. If it is not working, behind the scenes you freak out and trying to fix it. They're not a soulless corporation, they value their brand and don't want to take opportunities to communicate with fans into directions that make them look incompetent. If you don't like the stickers, mpm Prime, or not having headmaster juniors, they probably know about it. If it's advantageous to make a change to cater to you, then they will.

Hasbro has been around a long time, and I'm sure they're handling Transformers, one of their golden gooses, very carefully. I'm not going to pretend like I understand their process, and I'm not going to reeee on forums if they don't see fit to make a product. The Generations label is doing pretty well. It's making leaps and bounds in its diversity of play, and if peely stickers and dodgy salesman are the most worrying things, I think I'm okay with that.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Guys, a great way to ensure you don't get the option for future interviews is to spend the whole thing 'calling out' the subject.

I'm really not sure what you're expecting. They aren't going to say 'oh shit, I had no idea the stickers sucked. We need to halt production right now! Thank you for bringing this to our attention helpful fans'

• Like Like x 2
  5. drbeakman

drbeakman Well-Known Member

heaven forbid consumers hold a company accountable for the goods it sells

heaven forbid a company holds itself accountable for the goods it sells to its consumers

• Like Like x 6
  6. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Should of asked them about putting more paint apps on these figures or is that for more expensive/exclusive figs only

7. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those of you whining can make John and other Hasbro employees aware of the problems with the stickers and distribution. They were floating around Hascon and other cons enough that any of you can say something. But unless you want to come off like an entitled jerk, try pretending that you aren't on an anonymous internet forum and address them as a fellow grown up. That might actually take more 'balls' than some of you actually have those.

• Like Like x 1
  8. drbeakman

it seems like hasbro is given a free pass on just about everything

meanwhile i see people on amazon complaining about the stupidest thing, and giving 1 star ratings willy nilly to small companies just trying to stay afloat

but with hasbro, you cant even complain about stickers on a public forum without being labelled a whiner, despite spending a weeks worth of groceries on a god damn toy

maybe a sticker seems small in the grand scheme, but if the main purpose is selling toys, you'd think they'd pay attention to the finest detail to justify their billion dollar enterprise

• Like Like x 3
  9. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    I'd like to thank Tony and the 2005 crew for the coverage they've provided over the course of this event. I hope we don't come across too petulant and ungrateful.
    Thanks also for inquiring about the possibility of Snapdragon and Apeface.

For those caught up in the fact that this wasn't a feedback session for every fault in the product line during the last year; this isn't the only fan interaction that takes place with Hasbro. I'm sure they're aware of most complaints by now. There is obviously a certain etiquette to follow for published interviews, just as the Hasbro staff are bound by policy. It's either this or nothing.

• Like Like x 3
  10. drbeakman

"Aware, don't care!"

• Like Like x 1
  11. drbeakman

yes, i suppose they would be the same big balls required to spend a sizable chunk of ones income on toys, and then be expected to individually approach a companys designers at a convention that costs X dollars just to formally complain "please could you maybe fix these horrible errors oh please thank you please please thank you SLURP SLURP HURF oh its so big SLURP "

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    How absurd is that. "Yes, we're aware that you purchase our products, so why don't you take time off work, come to our convention, pay the entry fee, and hope you might get one of the designers attention for 5 seconds so he can promptly ignore your criticisms."

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    It wouldn't be right to say bossman went soft with the questions when he pulled some of them from these very forums. In addition, whenever Hasbro has people answering questions in public it's going to be generic.

I used to handle the Q&A for here, toyark and hisstank for various Hasbro lines. Anytime you asked something straight up you'd be lucky to get an answer that had any relevance to your question. After carefully wording questions as to not be direct but definitely aiming at a specific answer, I was able to gain some ground and finally get something answered. It was literally reading between the lines.

What I got from this is that Apeface/Snapdragon are coming but not soon. In addition that Hasbro may be looking for a retailer to offer Beast Wars MP's as exclusives. Also that the movie MP's may be something we see more often than not going forward.

If Apeface/Snapdragon/MP Barricade are revealed within the next year by official means, don't be surprised.

As for stickers and design issues Hasbro will more than likely never comment on those aside from acknowledging that they indeed came up.

You guys have to remember. This isn't like 15 years ago when we had the brand manager interacting here on the boards and answering questions with actual answers. While what we hear now is a far cry from the failure that was "Ask Vector Prime", the answers Hasbro gave at the Hascon interviews aren't certain surprising to me.

• Like Like x 7
  14. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was a fun little interview, @Tony_Bacala thank-you for taking the time to do it and share it with us.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    Genuine question: Why did this stop being a thing? It seems to me that 15 years ago was also a huge turning point for the direction of the franchise as well, with the Unicron Trilogy and after that, the movies. Was there a change in management in Hasbro? Because, there seems to be a definite change in approach both to the franchise itself, but also, towards the fandom.

• Like Like x 2
  16. drbeakman

Good question

Seems like a lot of good questions are asked on these boards, none lobbed towards Hasbro at any point in time though

that would be whiny and annoying, being curious about what the company you spend thousands of dollars on does with your money

• Like Like x 1
  17. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    And if you don't agree with your place on Santa's naughty list, you're always free to take the nearest delivery ship to his death fortress on Neptune and tell him yourself.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  18. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    And if it isn't working, it'll end. That's the idea of the producer and the consumer. If the consumer rejects the item on quality, sales dip, and the producer must fix the lapse in quality to court upset customers back. That doesn't mean they're going to make a big deal about it.

They don't want stickergate on their hands ;) 

• Like Like x 3
  19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I miss Orson's World.... Too bad that good thing got ruined by [REDACTED]...

• Like Like x 5
  20. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *Long time staff member does something nice for community*

Community: "GET SOME BALLS!"

Second topic I've had to unwatch after replying to in as many days. People have the right to their opinions and to consumer advocacy, which I support incidentally, but this disproportionate (and rude) outrage is really beginning to wear thin with me.

(Please don't reply arguing with me about it, either. I bear no one any enmity, but that isn't what I'm here for. You will simply go on the ignore list, which I haven't ever used before the last few days. Not sure what's gotten into everyone, but civility on TFW is at a low ebb...)

• Like Like x 9