TFW2005 Interview from Hascon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    Better for THEM, since they get to deal with a less insistent grade of customer.

Then explain why Universal keeps milking the JP franchise? :)  (Which was anoth Bloody Balls-Up by Hasblow... they FUBARed that line so bad Uni took the license away and gave it to Mattel.)

2. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    So, besides prettying up a couple PR nightmares, how exactly is this the prole/bourgeois strugglefest everyone is making it?

Why wouldn't you avoid talking about things that make the brand look bad, especially if it's not something you can predictably change or fix in a reasonable timeframe? I'm not seeing the soulless greed or the inhumanity here.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NormWestReloaded

NormWestReloaded Active Member

I'm sure some of these questions have been already covered in some time before, they should have asked things like distribution, or even why optimus mpm was a clusterfuck of QC now that you were talking about the MPMs and maybe they could fix it.

4. Diamondback

News Credits:
    OTOH, how hard would it be to even just toss a simple "we know there've been issues, we're trying to do better, every release has things that go right and things that could go better and we're trying to keep getting more of the former and less of the latter every release"?

So many flowery words of empty BULLSHIT, but still the symbolic value of a token acknowledgement of community concern and its opinions having value.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    Do you think that if they openly and honestly addressed some of the consistent criticisms for the franchise it would look as bad as systematically dodging or spinning them? And there are plenty. Silence is an admition of guilt. Or may very well be perceived as such, especially when it's so consistent.

• Like Like x 1
  6. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

This might as well have been an interview with the Movie Optimus Prime truck and a cardboard cutout of Bumblebee for all the information that they gave.

• Like Like x 4
  7. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Come on. None of these problems were insurmountable for them to address. They just didn't want to and would now prefer that nobody remind them.

I go through this all the time with my day job. Everybody wants to go along to get along. Then when something happens, oh me oh my nobody could've possibly seen this coming.

8. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

I live in CA and they're still hard to find. I've ordered at least half of them online, although I did just find Misfire at Target earlier today, so that was a win. :rock 

9. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And that's sad, as company they aren't honest enough to admit what's being wrong later with the toys, but honestly, and apology or just aclaration of some important things as distribution, or the problem of the vehicle of the MPM Prime would be better, but no, just seeing the extremely good side of the things, but yeah, i can't really blame John Warden for this, some the questions were somewhat soft.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    How about the fact that Takara's Masterpiece output is a multitude of what Hasbro has released thus far? On top of that, part of Hasbro's offerings have been repeats of the same characters from the same toolings.

Yet in this interview the Hasbro folks basically say "Well, we just have to wait what Takara does next" while completely ingoring the fact that there are lot of Takara Masterpiece figures still awaiting a Hasbro release.

Just saying.

And Amazon Spain, before they took it down!

Factories controlled by Takara as far as I know.

Eric Siebenaler was allowed a lot more personality back when he was still working for Hasbro.
    TFW2005 Interview with Hasbro Designer Eric Siebenaler - Transformers News - TFW2005

Especially his sitdown with the Ozformers folks.
    Animated Promo weekend with Designer Eric Siebenaler - Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia
    Corrections and comments from Eric - promo event. (Spoilers) - Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia
    Ozformers Transformers Collectors Australia - View Single Post - Corrections and comments from Eric - promo event. (Spoilers)

Also, basically any interview with Takara's staff is more useful than interviews with Hasbro's current staff.

I know first hand how hard it can be sometimes to be forced to give PR-friendly answers when you are really urging to speak your personal opinion on the matter, but Warden isn't even trying.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Diamondback

News Credits:
    IOW, Hasbro gets Takara's leftovers and Sloppy Seconds. lol

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Lol, that's pretty much what I was thinking.

13. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twice Apeface has been mentioned by Hasbro, but not Snapdragon (even when Snapdragon is specifically mentioned by the interviewee).

He's gonna end up a (major) retool of Leader Optimal Optimus, isn't he?

14. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1st: They aren't "Hasbro's Factories"

2nd: It seems that Takara only addresses problem when it comes to their own releases and not those of their partner when they should. It is their job after all.

3rd: They've slipped on the engineering of some figures as well. Look at Godbomber, whose arms fall off at the drop of a hat, or CW Sky Lynx who has no lock points for his torso mode shoulders.

However, I can't defend Hasbro for letting this shit go on.

Hasbro would've dropped them by now.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
  15. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    And I think your post said more than the interview.

• Like Like x 3
  16. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting for an interview that not only asks about the stickers, but makes it clear how awful they are. The one I heard last week, the Hasbro folks talked on like everyone LIKED those foil monstrosities.

• Like Like x 1
  17. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Really? "Can't have nice things"? Give me a break.

Sometimes as far as I've seen it, despite you and the rest of the whiny super fans we have gotten 33 years more than you deserved.

• Like Like x 3
  18. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd actually like to know what prompted the change to stickers and who made that call.

Also, is there such a thing as a "good factory applied sticker"?

• Like Like x 1
  19. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

Anyone notice that John Warden uses the word \"awesome\" in half of his sentences?

20. Jumacas

Jumacas Banned

News Credits:
    So, you seem to imply that a "thank you" is in order, towards Hasbro, for our contribution to their own wallets, which they graciously accept for 33 years. If there ever was a "super fan" mentality, it's this. We don't owe them anything. People have supported the franchise for 33 years because some people in the 80s treated it with more genuine creativity and artistry than you seem to value, which is more than Hasbro or people like you deserve. Put things into perspective, and get off your high horse.