TFW2005 Hands on with ROTF Game - Pics and Video Inside

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, May 27, 2009.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Looks cool. Any word of a PC release? Or are they skipping it this time around?

2. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Apparently the PC version should be dropping at the same time too. Though I do wonder if it will be sold for $20 again at Target this time.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn this looks really good. I am cautiously optimistic. I'm not worried about the number of Characters. The G1 PS2 game had like a million characters and sucked, and the Armada game had 3 characters and kicked all manner of ass. I'd rather them have a polished game with less characters.

4. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

I hope you can access more characters, especially a gew that are new in the actual movie.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up...

6. NeilD83

NeilD83 Well-Known Member

Hopefully the game will include secret character unlockables as you play the game like Mudflap, Skids, Sideswipe, Jetfire etc.

or new characters can be uploaded through the 360 updates

7. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

looks sooo much better than the first one

8. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Please let the twins be playable, please let the twins be playable, please OH PLEASE let the twins be PLAYABLE!!! Oh, and Jetfire and Soundwave. I swear, after reading your review and seeing so many gameplay videos/trailers on YouTube, I will DEFINITELY be buying myself an Xbox 360 on my birthday along with a wireless network adapter, wireless router, Xbox Live Gold card, and of course...Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - The Game. It will be one HELL of a birthday; can't wait to play Deathmatch against you guys! :D 

9. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I'm going to have to throw down a gameplay complaint that I already have with this game:

This seems like it'd get real old real quick. After playing the game for awhile, I could see it being a paint in the ass-not to mention the finger.-having to hold down a button to stay in alt-mode. Especially with flying characters.
    I can see why they thought it'd be a good idea for the quick paced multi-player game, but I would really hope they have an option in where you can change it to a on/off type of button scheme.

10. Teletran

Teletran Witty title not included

will guns actually matter this time, or will everyone have those stupid shields again?

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I want to know how much access these dudes had to the character models used by ILM.

12. poorboy8u

poorboy8u Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone else think devastator looks TOO big?

13. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree, there needs to be more characters from the start, especially soundwave, the twins, and sideswipe. I wonder how hard it would be to bring in some of the characters from teh first game?

14. Sideswipe1125

Sideswipe1125 Autobot

News Credits:
    I couldn't agree with you more. I can see them waiting to see the reaction to the game and then having a lot of DLC and unlockables also. I really hope some of the unlockables and DLC are G1 characters like Prime and Megatron in the first game and not just skins like Jazz and Starscream (not sure about Starscream). If not then i'm fine with just skins.

15. SlayerDarkCross

SlayerDarkCross -----------> ? TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah include the twins they will be great cannon fodder!.

Also wondered what would happen to a compact when it is being attacked by an F-22 Raptor.

16. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

Gameplay yay.:thumbs2: 

Amount of Playable characters offered.....nay:thumbdown 

I hope they are planning on releasing those extra characters pretty soon after launch. Not putting in Sideswipe is a dumb move in my book.

17. blackout501st

blackout501st ultimate enforcing hound

is anyone else a little scared that blackout could really be grindor? we dont have very many shots of footage of him. and if im correct, i dont think we have seen a toy for him outside of robot heroes. but we have seen one for grindor and "black zarak" scorponok. and that is the name for him in the game. i really hope it is blackout and not grindor. it probably is blackout. and im probably just over reacting. but i still am a little worried..

and im a little worried about the playable characters list they gave us. i hope that that isnt all the starting charicters we get. hopfully there will be some unlockable ones. im hoping for soundwave and sideswipe the most. mixmaster and rampage would be good too. maby arcee and her sisters. if they combine. but if not thats ok.
    AND JETFIRE!!!! CANT FORGET JETFIRE!!!!!!

18. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Actually yeah, I noticed that too. Seems like the scale is kinda off, if just a bit.

Uh oh, mass shifting!

19. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as it doesn't have the trio of Impossible Swingy-Arm Guys with special guest star Invincible Ironhide, I'll be happy.
    Oh, and that stupid nauseating up-and-down camera, too. That shit makes me sick.

20. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I want a G1 and Animated character pack.

I'm a little annoyed by the Skywarp tribute. I mean, why not just name the character Skywarp in multiplayer?

I want to know how the character selection will work in multiplayer. Can there only be one of each character played on each team, or can you have multiple people playing as the same character? It'd be totally lame to have to fight with people just to play as who you want to play as, but it'd also be funny to play against a whole team of Megatrons.

Speaking of which, can't we get a screenshot of Megatron here?