TFW2005 Giveaway - 5 PS3 DLC Codes - Round 4

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Aug 1, 2010.

1. mjaSoundwave

mjaSoundwave Well-Known Member

The game does an excellent job of storytelling. Not to mention as you play the game you feel like you are Optimus or Megatron. It's gameplay that sucks you in.

2. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Simple answer to that. I loved the first level of the Autobot campaign as Prime. I wasn't expecting how fun and new it would be like. Specially when you drive down the Cybertronian runways. The game in general is awesome. I just wish it was longer.

3. Gutsman Heavy

Gutsman Heavy New Member

Co-op play as Warpath and screaming "BLAMMO" into the mic every kill I got was intense fun. For me at least!

4. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    The atmosphere was really great. I felt like I was in a war-torn Cybertron either responsible for destroying it (Decepticon) or attempting to save it (Autobots). Further, I really felt like I was playing a Transformers game and not watching a movie that had a bunch of stuff just because it's cool. By the story, the characters, and the art design, it was clear that the writers, producers, and artists did their research. They actually went to the G1 cartoons and comics to bring this game to life. Unlike the movie which was basically unrelated to G1 whatsoever (regardless of any promises). It's a perfect product to bring the series back to life and explain a lot of elements of the story that have never been explained before. There is much potential for Hasbro both for toys and for bringing in new Transformers fans!

Lastly, a game where you can play as Starscream! Even if for only one level.

5. caecae22

caecae22 Stunticon Fanboy

Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    riding giant spaceslugs because slugs are so frickin awesome and these ones are awesome and im excited and other stuff and they have big guns on there back that go pew pew and the funniest part is that i dont even have adhd and its awesome and there slugs and its funny.

6. Pun-3X

Pun-3X Well-Known Member

The second level of the Decepticon campaign: Fuel of War. Getting to do a mix of hovering and flying around, then transforming and jumping Autobots from behind, and doing so on such a grand scale as that level is...it's just great fun. Multiplayer just can't enhance this feeling since the scientists are the weakest in the game. Here in this single player map, you really feel like the skies are yours.

On a related note, the first and last parts of the Autobot map, Aerial Assault, really sell the flying in this game. Specifically, chasing Trypticon into Cybertron's atmosphere and tearing him up as best you can.

7. Magnus1701

Magnus1701 Dih Hayud 1st

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I enjoyed the way the game plays out like a movie. Not only are you in the middle of the action, but the characters' banter was very well put together and at time flat-out hilarious. The Seeker level in particular got me:

TC: Did you see that?
    SW: You mean that creepy thing that just jumped off the side?
    TC: Yeah?
    SW: Nope. Didn't see anything.
    SS: I should have left you two on the station.

And later, Thundercracker I believe insults Skywarp during a firefight:
    SW: Well at least I'm not ugly.
    TC: Ugly? You and I are the same!

Classic! The subtle little nods to the toys (^repaints ^), the '86 movie (Ironhide's universal greeting), and just the way each charecter enunciates their speech was just a pleasure to hear as I played.

8. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The awesome metal "CLANG!" of a head shot.

9. Morf

Morf Well-Known Member

Best part: protecting Ratchet when he was repairing Omega - I got killed multiple times but when I finally defeated those pesky decepticreeps, all my neighborhood learnt about it!

10. WingDagger

WingDagger Generations

A tough call, but two specific parts of the campaign come to mind.

The first bit that made me think "This is the game that finally brings TF to mainstream gaming," was the second Decepticon level with the Seekers. Playing through the level, listening to the already-mentioned banter is brilliant! Then you realise you can call in two mates to control the other two Seekers as well, and it suddenly turns into a fanboy's dream come true!

Second part that stood out for me (and I can't believe this one hasn't been mentioned already), was the Soundwave boss fight from the Kaon prison level. In a game packed with nods and homages to the various Transformers franchises ("First we crack the shell, then we crack the nuts inside!" anyone?), to see them demonstrate just how dangerous one of the most seemingly innocent Decepticons can be when throwing his minions at you is a real treat (especially on hard mode! ;)  ).

11. iTeruri

iTeruri Bulkhead is the best

For some reason I just loved destroying Cybertrons moons. Even though it was only a scale model, it felt like I was really blowing things up.
    I loved most of the little jokes, mostly Brakedown's and Warpath's. I loved the part where the Decepticon gets crushed by Zeta Prime. There were tons of those small jokes and references that I liked. It made the game a worthy Transformers game.

I was pleasantly surprised by the end credits. I normally hate those, they are boring and most of the time, you can't skip them. However... this game's end credits where so awesome! I loved the song, it was a surprise, the animation cracked me up. It was totally unexpected and so very awesome.

12. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The best part of the single capain to me was going up against Omega Supreme and Trypticon.

as well as encountering Soundwave and the cassettes.

13. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    cut scenes, dialog between characters seekers, & megatron to each other where the good parts.

able to fiht against one of city transfromers trypticon, and to see omega surpreme, while unlocking video content new characters in escaltion and trophies to earn in the game but my number one thing are the enviroments lights shadows on each level look out into space and being able to travle to the core of cybertron itself with breif scene of primus voice being put into matrix of leadership

14. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    My favorite reason? It has to be the first level of the Autobots campaign, well, really the whole Autobots campaign, but I will stick on the first. I played as Optimus with Ratchet and BB following close behind. Walking out of a Autobot outpost, with everyone looking up to Optimus to push forward. Right outside, a Decepticon attack squad charges in. Me(Optimus) blasts my way through the first wave, shortly after grabbing an enemy soldiers cannon and wiping out the second wave, showing the true Leader that Optimus is building up to be. At that moment, it felt like an epic battle, that(what I think at least) was just the beginning of the story that would lead up to G1. This game had such a original Transformers feel to it. Hit me right where I live!

15. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

One of the things about both sides to the campaigns was the incredibly well done banter between the characters as well as the rather large cast of characters. Instead of opting to have them shout out random things as they got shot, there is an actual dialogue progression as you move through the levels and it's incredibly well done and really brings these characters to life in a video game in a way that hadn't been done before. In all of the games previously that's been relegated to all too brief cut-scenes or random spouted lines that don't always fit the situation.

For a long time Transformers fan though, this was brilliantly done and not only was the banter witty, in many cases it helped to define the characters in the WFC Universe. It's something that has been lacking in this media at least and it's something that definitely shouldn't be lacking from the next release.

Before this you really had to rely on the toyline or the comics and sometimes the TV show to really develop a character. Not only did we get a huge cast for this game but each one has a definite personality and feel and it's something you can pick up on just by playing through the campaigns. There is no need to seek it out, it's right there as you play and it really sucks you in and immerses you in this decently crafted story.

16. Flareneos4

Flareneos4 Flare - SUBSCRIBE :P

My favorite parts about the campaigns...

In the Decepticon campaign, I loved the way it showed Megatron rise and also see how characters like Starscream joined the decepticons. It even started Starscream's banter on how he dreams of being the Decepticon Leader. Breakdown also provided some comical effect with his crazy personality, especially in the 4th chapter. I also loved how the levels were made in the campaign, with it usually being dark environments. Then when you hit the last 2 missions... BAM!! Explosions and flames one after the other. Plus, with Omega Supreme luring above you gives a sence that it is a fight to the death against the Autobots greatest soldier.

In the Autobot capmaign, I enojyed the levels being able to be some of the most iconic autobots (Optimus, Bumblebee, Jetifre, Ironhide) and the comedic effects used in some of the levels (Sideswipe's mumbling during Kaon Prison Break and the banters between Ironhide and Warpath (oh conflicting personalities :D )). Graphics were even more stunning in the Autobot campaign, from Kaon's prison to the very core of cybertron. And the 9th chapter (4th autobot mission) had some of the most stunning details and action. Getting to fight inside of the Decepticons greatest weapon makes you feel like you'll be destroyed any minute. And the fight with Trypticon down to cybertron was even more amazing, a boss fight in mid air plummeting down to Cybertron!!!!

overall, I loved the charater designs and I loved how they made each level, it proves that not every transformers game is a bad game! Eat that Movie games!!!!

17. Cth

Cth Cthulhu

News Credits:
    Blasting Trypticon as he was falling to Cybertron and seeing the action from both sides was the highlight for me!

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't care what anybody says. The best part about this game was battling Omega Supreme.

After playing several hours of co-op with a buddy of mine, we had to call it quits since it was getting pretty late States side, but as I hadn't had enough of the game and wanted to play more, I decided to join a game with gamers I didn't know, and wouldn't you know I was thrown right in the middle of a boss fight not knowing what was going on or what to do. In from of me was a huge @$$ ship (Omega Supreme, I later learned) laying the smack down on we gamers.

The surprise and shock that washed over me the moment I learned that big ship was Omega Supreme will be something I’ll remember for a long time. I remember being at a crossroads while battling him; I actually pondered whether to try to defeat as soon as possible or to take my time and see what he could do—the answer soon came to me in a series of team deaths. While I used all possible points of cover to attack from, my teammates fought out in the open, until they saw his pattern. The battle that followed that battle, his robotic Transformation was epic! The dialog that took place during the whole thing was great, too. Breakdown is full of laughs! That battle was a pure fun.

Battling Trypticon was fun too, but not quite the same. Trypticon was freaking steroids!

19. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    The best part of Single Player for me?

The story. Just like High Moon had said, I had been waiting for a great Transformers game that all TFans wanted to play. One that had an excellent story, great graphics, and a great voice cast.

High Moon did a phenomenal job with the story, it really shines in Decepticons Chapter 2 and Autobots Chapter 8. Chapter 2 was such a great level, you're flying through the upper levels of the Cybertron crust as the Seekers, there are great one liners, my favorite of which is:

Screamer: "Fools."
    TCracker: "Are you calling them fools or us fools? Cause I get the feeling that you don't respect me."
    Screamer: "Shut up...fool.
    TCracker: "See! See! That's what I mean."

And the way they introduced Warpath into the game was just classics G1, complete with his BLAM! POW! KABLAM! As well as Ironhide giving Kup's Universal Greeting. The best part of the To The Core level, was the classics arcade style shooter part where you ride the space slugs, it added a great level of fun to it, just senseless shooting.

From the beginning of the Decepticons campaign, where Megatron obtains his power and obtaining Starscream and his Seekers loyalty, to the end of the Autobots campaign, where Optimus Prime has already obtained The Matrix and has ordered The Ark to be built, it's just like an entire series of a great TF show, or an entire run of a great TF comic.

Numerous generations of TFans can enjoy this game, and I see this game and it's potential sequel bringing new fans into this fandom, and I'm proud to be a part of that.

20. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    My favorite part of the single-player campaign was by far fighting Soundwave. I found it fun and challenging, and seeing the cassetes flying around was just so awesome. Besides, who has a cooler voice on the Decepticon side than Soundwave?