TFW2005 Giveaway - 5 PS3 DLC Codes - Round 1

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Jul 30, 2010.

1. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoy Transformers: War for Cybertron, because as a fan, the characters and environments feel real in the Transformers universe. The robots are heavy and make an impact when they jump. They are well animated with shifting parts. The space level of chapter nine is just stunningly beautiful. I really feel like i am small in a large vacuum of space. Another example is how large the bosses are, like when a giant tank just dwarfs in size to omega supreme as he rips the tank in two and tosses him away. The personalities of each character is spot on and the voice actors are well cast.

As a gamer, I just love how so much fits into this disc. I have the campaign that i can enjoy with friends, I have the multiplayer that i can level up my character and destroy others, and then there is escalation, which I feel is the end game. I will explain.

The campaign is like a gauntlet of halls and open environments that I can enjoy with friends. I like exploring the world and finding its secrets and collect trophies. I have always liked vehicle combat games, so because I have a vehicle where ever I go, I feel at home with this game. plus when running around I don't have to leave my vehicle behind. i am glad they put limitations in this game. i like how every gun has limited ammo. If every gun had limitless ammo there wouldn't be a reason to use other guns or even transform.

Multiplayer is a non-stop deathmatch no matter what mode I am in. There is always some one to kill. Some maps are huge, while others are more manageable, but I never feel like a map is too small or too big. There are open spaces for a large battle and there are high perches for snipers. And one map even has traps, where you shoot a wall behind some one and hot steam will fry an opponent.

I love the multiple classes and guns. It is like there is a little for everyone's play style. The solders are built for pure kill counts. The leaders help the rest of the team get more kills (and they are quite beefy). The scouts and scientist are for people that need a little more creativity in their kills. I enjoyed leveling them four to level 25 and get my prime icon. After that I leveled them back to 25 again. It's a blast.

Escalation is for people that need a little more out of their games. It is endless waves of enemies and my three friends and I need to work as a team to survive each wave. I love exploring the maps and discovering new rooms, searching for bigger guns, and safer rooms to defend. The only way my team can do that is by earning points from each kill and spending them on doors. we feel like we accomplished something grand if we beat our previous high wave.

Transformers: War for Cybertron has it's issues too. It has small bugs like freezing and falling through floors, which can be an annoyance. It also has major issues online, like losing connections to hosts, lag, and hosts leaving, causing the game to end prematurely. There are many online features missing, like hosts are automatically assigned in public games and no indication they are hosting, no host migration, and the host not being able to choose maps in a public game or game mode. the DLC made thing worse as people get kicked from games if they don't have the Download Content and people that do can't enjoy the new maps, because the maps get vetoed by people that don't have it.

Even with the issues, I still enjoy the game after a month of playing. I have been recommending the game to my brother who is slightly curious.

2. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I can honestly say as both a gamer and a Transformers fan I loved this game. It's certainly not without it's faults, but it was certainly a fun ride.

It's clear right from the start that there was research done on the entirety of the Transformers lore when making this game. All the little touches and blatant fan nods made it very apparent. The smallest touches, like Air Raid's mention of Silverbolt's fear of heights or having Trypticon's "Transformation Cog" be one of his weaknesses, made the game that much more enjoyable. The character interactions alone were worth playing through the game for, the banter back and forth between bots and cons brought a lot of humor to an otherwise dark game. Breakdown's doom-glooming, Warpath's eagerness and energy, and of course Prime and Megatron being perfect renditions of what made the two characters so great for these past 25+ years.

The battle against Soundwave was easily a highlight of the game for me as both Frenzy and Rumble acted like they stepped right out of the cartoon. For such little guys, they both packed a hell of a punch. Really, as far as being a fan goes, I had no complaints about anything that was done in the game. The lore, the characters and the overall story were all more then what I was hoping for as a TF fan. And of course this game had one of the most entertaining ending credits of any game I've ever played, ever.

As a gamer though, the Campaign mode was fantastic. Not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but still a fun, straight forward game. Being a basic TPS for the most part, it was a very familiar experience right from the start. However, they took it a step further and broke up what would normally be just another run and gun game, and added elements of platforming, racing, and although it was officially scrapped, a need for cover that made playing this game that much more tactical. You couldn't just straight up charge at the enemy lines, you had to flank them as they tried to flank you, it made the game that much more difficult. Games are no fun when they hold your hand and give you everything on a silver platter.

However, my favorite part of the game is the massive set pieces for each campaign where you and your team would fight wave after wave of enemies. In most FPS and TPS games, when they gave you access to turrets or heavy machine guns, they would prove to have very limited, if not no, actual use. But in this game, I was literally emptying one Ion Displacer cannon and instantly picking up the next because things just kept on coming. It made for some rather intense firefights, which is always welcomed imo.

Though personally, I would have preferred losing, or at least moving, the "Grenade" button, and instead having a much stronger focus on melee combat. Transformers has always been just as much about smashing and slashing other bots as it has been about blasting em. Those very nice melee weapons that we saw so much of in the trailer didn't get enough justice being relegated to simple FPS-style knife swipes.

However, the biggest flaws with this game comes from it's multiplayer modes, most specifically the connection issues, game breaking glitches and total lack of communication regarding them. For a long while it seemed like the guys in charge just didn't care, which would be a shame after they clearly put so much effort into everything else. When things worked, the game was great. Sure there was some slight balancing issues, and more color options would have been really nice, but as a whole the multiplayer in this game is great. The different classes all focus on different playstyles, the unlockable characters allow you to experiment with different builds, and being able to "name" your bot is always a nice little feature for FPSs with customizable load-out systems. Especially so when you can add personal touches like picking a specific character to use and then palate swapping it's colors to add that touch of personalization. But again, this is only when the multiplayer would actually work.

Constant D/Cs, Hosts quitting the game and taking the lobby with them, and game breaking glitches like ability swapping took a lot away from the game for me. A friend of mine said it best, War For Cybertron is a great game, it just lacks a lot of polish. The devil is in the details, and at the same time this game shows a great attention to some, while overlooking many others. But as an overall experience, I absolutely loved this game.

3. thedrknss48

thedrknss48 Veteran

News Credits:
    I was maybe going to buy this DLC! I think I'm gonna play some online to get double XP.

4. Guneagle01

Guneagle01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    only PS3 codes? why no 360?

5. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love G1, plain and simple (some could argue I'm "in love" with G1 at times...). War for Cybertron has given me everything any fan would want out of a Transformers game in this day and age of video games.

So long "Mystery of Comvoy" [sic], time to finally put my Famicom away! J/k...or am I?!

6. kraven

kraven Decepticon

I love this game both as a gamer and Transformers fan.

As a gamer I enjoy it because my favorite kind of game is a shooter, and War for Cybertron, for me, completely nails it. You can tell that High Moon Studios wanted to make an awesome game and not just rely on the name Transformers to carry all its weight.

It's also great as a Transformers fan because they do great job making tons of nods to all generations of fans while managing to keep it extremley fresh. It feels familiar and brand new all at once. Making for a great gaming experence for Transformers fans and gamers alike.

7. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    Hands down the best Transformers game ever made.

8. Autobot Spike

Autobot Spike Original Gangstabot

News Credits:
    I truly love this game. As a fan, it incorporates all of my favorite elements of G1 and other series installments, while being a fresh and wonderful representation of the source material. As canon, the story helps flesh out the world of transformers in a way that previous media have not: an interactive origin story.

As a gamer, I delight in the various game modes, the ways in which a person can gain experience, from spending time in your alt mode, to acting as a healer during a firefight. The characters have real weight, and feel like more than just bland archetypal canon fodder, and are a joy to learn and master. The play style is unique and still familiar, and the experience of flying through the air towards a skirmish, only to transform and slide to a stop next to your comrades, guns blazing, is one which I have never come across as a gamer. It is unique to the genre, and the source material, making it an experience that can only come from a game like this. Thus, my inner fan and gamer are fully and completely satisfied. In all this game is a win.

I'd love to win a code so I can co tinue to experience even more of this great game.

-A.S.

9. Poseidicon

Poseidicon Well-Known Member

As a gamer and a fan, I love WfC because it is overly satisfying. Not only to I get to play an awesome shooter, but I can have massive amounts of fun while I'm loosing >.<

I admit, I'm not the best player even though I play a lot. But in WfC, you can't be upset. Which is how all games should be. I have as much fun killing other bots as I do transforming into a jet after jumping off a cliff and speeding away across the map.

The game mechanics are wonderful and finely tuned. Everything feels just right. It is a great game that I love to play. Even if I cant get my hands on a free code, I will probably end up buying it and zipping around the map some more :) 

Thanks so much for an amazingly fun game.

10. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

I dislike it because I haven't played it yet...and I'm not a Transformers fan, I'm only forced to be interested because the wife tells me so.

She also says she needs to play as Jazz.

11. Gutsman Heavy

Gutsman Heavy New Member

I love WFC as a TF fan, as a game resting on its own merits it hardly sets my world on fire. I was disappointed that the vehicles (bar jets) felt the same as your robot, it didn't change the dynamic enough, its basically a 3rd weapon with a dash function tacked on. I never really felt like a Transformer, just some mech.

Luckily High Moon nailed the rest of the TF feel! The visuals, voice work and non-cover based shooting (yay!) helped it stand apart from Gears of War. Over the course of the campaign the game escalates (;) ) nicely to end with the finest crescendo. TRYPTICON!

But the best part? RUMBLE IS BLUE!

12. Anti-Venom

Anti-Venom Well-Known Member

I like WFC as a gamer because it has a solid story and great online play with its many modes, and I like it as a TF fan because Optimus is a badass, and because its like an alternate version of G1.

13. sunbreaker

sunbreaker Well-Known Member

As a fan I like the character designs, the melee weapons, and character boss battles.

Didn't like the recycled abilities (characters not unique enough) and the fact you can't fight the characters as the characters.

I want to fight as Optimus vs Megatron and vice versa. too much drone fighting.

also needs a few more melee moves for each character.

So right now I feel as unsatisfied as Galvatron killing Autobot leaders.

Scattershot and Jazz would help, as I hope for a patch or sequel.

14. Wingtie

Wingtie Well-Known Member

Simple!!!

Nothing cooler then shooting someone in the back TRANSFORM burn rubber come around the corner TRANSFORM and take them out that simple...

15. mauriced811991

mauriced811991 New Member

I would just like to say my birthday is this Sunday and it would be an awesome present but knowing my luck I would probably not win. Hey at least its nice to know I gave this a shot.

Transformers: War for Cybertron Rocks

16. mjaSoundwave

mjaSoundwave Well-Known Member

Explain why you like (or dislike) Transformers: War for Cybertron, both as a gamer, and as a Transformers fan.

As a gamer Transformers: War for Cybertron has a great combination of several gameplay mechanics. It has a Gears of War / RE4 feel to it, but the art, level design and just sound all feel incredible. The gameplay is fast and fun, not to mention to transform on the fly is awesome.

I would however, like to see in the sequal, the ability to say control Soundwave and have him eject his minions and have them go ahead of you, spy on the battlefield and then switch back to Soundwave and continue on. It would just add to it, what can I say I love Soundwave.

As a Transformers fan, I just love the character designs and just the story and everything about it. It just feels right. I would love to see more characters and different classes. As for alt modes Primes is Awesome, Megatron's tank is just great, Starscreams robot form grows on you, and Soundwave looks great.

Hopefully since this game is now considered official cannon by hasbro, maybe High Moon studios could incorporate designs and story arc from IDW's books lke "Stormbringer" and "Megatron Origins" would be awesome. Also..... include the Dinobots, I would love to play as a robotic T-Rex and fly and do bomb raids with Swoop, you get the idea.

17. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Why I love this game well simply put,this game and I believe many would agree is thee Transformers game I have been waiting for since owning a gaming system.So its a Transformers fan dream come true!

But besides that,as a gamer its one of the best shooter games I have played and I know this a bold statement but I enjoy this more than the ever popular Call Of Duty series...nothing feels so gratifying than flying as a jet to a enemy than transform to melee them mid air!

Well...Im off to play some more online gaming enjoyment!

18. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    I'm hoping it's very different from the ROTF game, which I played for a few minutes, and then decided to quit because there was no way I could handle those controls.
    I actually do have WfC... but it'll probably be several months still before I actually get around to giving it a try. It's at the bottom of a list of several not yet played games.

So I can't say much about it yet really... I hope the surroundings don't stay as dull and boring as trailers and stuff suggest, all dark and gritty. But seeing how it's all on Cybertron, I'm probably out of luck there.

Anyway, that's my useles post. Probably I'll only post in this thread and not all five, since I've already run out of stuff to say about it.

19. reddragon162

reddragon162 Almighty Slacker

Ebay:
    I really like the Campaign mode, but multiplayer is a real pain sometimes. It can be difficult to find people to play with in a match, and when you do get in gameplay can be quite difficult. I'm usually only able to get a few shots off before I'm slagged by other players who seems vastly overpowered or somehow have mastered perfect aim.

20. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    As a gamer, Transformers WFC has been something completely new for me because I have never really played a Third Person Shooter before. I usually played FPS, racing and Action based games but after WFC, a new door has been opened for me. I liked every single moment of this game because it was a completely new experience for me as a gamer.

As a Transformers fan, It has been an amazing roolercoster ride for me. As almost everyone knows in this site, Transformers has a lot of continuities and WFC is one of the best ones out there right now if you ask me. Seeing your childhood characters in a brand new model and adding them to action packed story makes me like this game as a TF fan.

Good luck to everyone :)